Heroine

Against All Odds

Krystal and Minhyuk crawled inside the vent, looking at every opening, hoping they’ll see Amber or any of their group along their way.

“We’re lost, aren’t we?”  Krystal asked when she finally got annoyed with their endless crawling.  “Exactly how big this facility is? I feel like we’ve been crawling here forever.” Krystal continued rambling on.

“How am I supposed to know? And please, will you move aside, your big is really creeping me out.” Minhyuk said as he tapped the girl’s legs.

“Excuse me, my is not big and for all I know youre enjoying the view back there.” Krystal retorted that earned her a laugh. “Well, might as well be honest, right? But really, its so big its distracting me. So move over.”

Krystal landed a hard kick right on Minhyuk’s face. “Call my big again and I swear, Im going to push you to the next opening we’ll see.”

“Fine, fine. Just move aside. I’ll lead the way.” Krystal rolled her eyes as she laid flat on her back, giving Minhyuk some space to move.

“Im so going to kill you if you fart.” Krystal warned but the guy only gave her a sinister smile. “I swear Minhyuk. Not on my face or you’ll die.” Minhyuk just shook his head and resumed crawling.

Not long after, they saw another opening and they immediately looked onto it. “Found your lover, but she’s not alone.” Minhyuk informed her as he saw a couple of zombies walking around Amber; 5- 6 or more.

“What are we going to do now?” Krystal asked him with worry. She cant just leave Amber alone there but she cant just jump down the vent without any precautions; there could be more zombies than what they can see from the opening.

“Move aside.”  Minhyuk told her and she obeyed, crawling back to give some needed space to Minhyuk who just suddenly kicked the vent open. Krystal saw the zombies all turned their heads to the sound of the vent cover hitting the ceramic floor; and that includes Amber.

“What now?”

“I jump down, kill the zombies and you back me up from up here.” Minhyuk was getting ready to jump; taking the bag off his shoulders and checking his bullets in his magazine.

“What? Are you on drugs? Are you trying to kill yourself? What if there’s more?” They might’ve started badly but Krystal is concern about him. She might’ve hated him for almost killing her and almost shooting at Amber but still, theyre now in a group and their most important goal here is to stay alive, so Krystal couldnt just let Minhyuk kill himself even if it meant saving Amber.

“And that’s what youre here for. Watch my back.” And before Krystal could stop Minhyuk, the latter already made the jump and started firing at the zombies. Blessed those silencer; he was able to kill all the zombies without getting a lot of attention.

Krystal watched as Amber ran towards Minhyuk but luckily the latter managed to dodge her girlfriend’s attack and had her tied down on the ground.

“Come down now.. I’ll catch you.” Minhyuk said in a low voice. He didn’t want to attract any more zombies by yelling. “Krystal?”

Minhyuk started to worry more so when something tackled him. “Krystal.. Help.. Help..” Minhyuk struggled as he tried to push the zombie that attacked him; trying not to be bitten anywhere. “God damn it..” He panted heavily as the head of the zombie fell onto his neck.

“So, are you going to catch me now, or what?” Krystal asked with a smirk on her face. Minhyuk pushed the body off him and that’s when he realized that Krystal shot the zombie on its head. “Watch where youre firing next time. You could’ve hit me too, you know.”

“God, is it that so hard to say thank you?” Krystal rolled her eyes as she slowly descended the vent. Minhyuk has his hands held out to help the girl go down.

“1,2,3 jump.” And Krystal did and luckily, Minhyuk was able to catch her without any parts of her body hitting the floor. “Ohh good lord, youre heavy.”

The girl rolled her eyes again before hopping off from Minhyuk’s arms. “We better go, before more zombies come this way.” Krystal said as she walked towards her tied girlfriend. “Now Amber, don’t go running off again, okay baby?” She pulled the chain strap that was still intact around Amber’s waist and connected it to the ones around her waist.  

“Okay, now that you love birds are reunited again, can we now go and look for the others?” Minhyuk said as his stomach twisted with the weird display of affection courtesy of Krystal Jung herself.

 

 


 

 

“Jessica’s going to ing kill me. She’s really going to ing kill me if we wont find Krystal now. Oh my god.” Taeyeon paced back and forth while pulling her hair in frustration. “Ohh good heavens, please make her safe..” as Taeyeon prayed for the younger Jung’s safety, Leeteuk was looking at the building map he had managed to take from a bulletin board on the way.

“This is where we are now.” Leeuteuk pointed at the map. “And if Im right with my calculation, Kibum’s group should be just around here.” He pointed at the map again. “And Krystal could be around here somewhere.”

“We need to go back Leeteuk.. We need to make sure she’s safe.” Taeyeons said with worry. Of all people in the group, her concerns are all in Yuri’s and Krystal’s since her brother’s an army personnel, she’s sure he can handle himself.

“Are you crazy? There’s a herd of zombies following us, in case you forgot.” Sunny told her but Krystal is way more important than her life as of now. She cant imagine telling her girlfriend that her sister had died and she didn’t even do anything about it. No, she definitely cannot imagine that happening.

“Look Taeyeon, I know what youre thinking. But whats important here is the cure. If worst comes to worst, the only thing that can save us now is the cure. If Krystal became a zombie, we can save her. Do you get my point?” Leeteuk tried to make Taeyeon see reasons but the latter’s stubbornness was getting the best of her.

“She’s my girlfriend’s sister, I cant just let her be. She’s alone out there, and god knows whats happening to her right now as we speak. And besides, she’s still on the wing where the testing lab is at, right?”

“If and only if she didn’t went anywhere else. “ Sunny butted in.

“Amber’s with her. She wont be able to go far with Amber tied with her. She’ll slow her down.” Taeyeon pointed out.

“What if she’s a zombie now, don’t you think you might just be risking your life for a lost cost?”

“What if she’s not? Come on guys, the testing lab is on the other side of this ing building. We’ll still go there eventually.”  Taeyeon was getting more and more annoyed with the time theyre wasting with arguments.

“But not unprepared like this.” Leeteuk stood towering in front of Taeyeon’s small statured. She never did like it when someone’s looking down on her, no matter whom or what’s his position is.

“We were never prepared in the first place Leeteuk.” There was finality in Taeyeon’s voice and Leeteuk understand what it was.

“Don’t be a hero Taeyeon.  Because if youre thinking of going out there alone, I’ll tie you down if I have to, just to make sure you stay alive.” Taeyeon gripped her gun tightly. “And what makes you sure I’d let you?”

“Because your girlfriend is waiting for you back at the camp.” And that shut Taeyeon up. As much as she doesn’t want to tell Jessica that something bad happened to Krystal, she also doesn’t want for her girlfriend to get the news that she’s dead, so with a heavy heart she walked towards the farthest part of the room; away from the other members of the group.