Reality

Against All Odds

"What the Krystal Jung .I dont want to die out here, so please, pull yourself together." The man exclaimed as he struggled to keep the door behind him closed as possible, blocking it with anything he found inside the room; chairs, tables even cupboards while the girl with him didnt even move from the floor since they came inside the room. "Krystal Jung.. Krystal. Help me here."

But only sobs were her response and a barely audible "I shot her.. I shot Amber.."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hours ago...

 

 

"Keep your eyes open and your guns ready. We dont know whats waiting for us here." Leeteuk told them as soon as they were a kilometer away from the Test Lab. "Its going to be dark soon. So remember the plan?" Everyone nodded and their acting leader continued. "Okay. Team A, lets go." Leeteuk waved his hand and went to go around the laboratory as planned, behind him was Lay, Taeyeon, Yonghwa, Sunny and Krystal with Amber strapped on her waist. It was not the best idea since everyone knows that it'll only slow Krystal down but the latter strongly insisted. She cannot keep her eyes off her girlfriend, even for a second

"Lay, keep an eye on Krystal. We need to reach the lab without losing any member." 

"Got it." The man who was instructed by Leeteuk immediately went beside Krystal and Amber as they followed their team leader.

Meanwhile on the other Team who will be the bait as they planned, started making noises to catch the attention of the zombies. Firing their gun all out once was a success since all the zombies that had gathered around the lab started going their direction giving an opportunity for Leeteuk's team to get near the building without any sweat.

It was Yonghwa who opened the window for them to go inside. At first they struggled pulling Amber in and Lay had to carry her inside right after killing three zombies on their tail with a knife.

They noticed that the gunfires stopped and they all assumed that Team B wiped all the zombies in the building's circumference as planned, so they headed on their next step. Clear the zombies inside the building. There were not much zombies in the ground floor so they quickly cleaned it up before Team B arrived. Kibum immediately checked up on Krystal since Jessica entrusted her with him and as a man of his words, Kibum is and will keep an eye out for the younger girl as long as he can.

"Are you okay?" Krystal only nodded and checked the strap on her waist. She was relieved that it was still intact.

"Good job guys." Leeteuk praised them, "Now lets go on the 2nd floor. Find a survivor, if you can. That will really help us a lot."

The plan was only to wipe all the zombies in the testing laboratory. Sounds easy, but the fact that the building has ten floors, three underground floors and as wide as half a baseball stadium makes it hard for them to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It was risky, they all know that and theyre ready for the outcome; good or bad.

"Here goes nothing." Sooyoung muttered as she cocked her gun before climbing up the stairs. Being the best assassin in Korea,gives her the advantage and well, the responsibility to take the lead. Being the quietest and quickest with her long arms and legs, she successfully killed five zombies as they ascend the staircase. The dead bodies on the ground was the proof. The proud smile on Sunny's lips didnt get un-notice as Yuri nudged Taeyeon and pointed at the shortest girl in the group with her puckered lips. The doctor just shook her head at how untimely her bestfriend's nosiness is but nonetheless amazed at how Yuri was able to take the nervousness out of her chest by that mere foolish action.

More and more dead zombies laid on the ground as they near the top of the staircase and they all ran up as they heard gun shots. Gun shot only means that Sooyoung cant hold the numbers of the zombies hence the use of the noisy metal life saver.

They all started firing their guns, backing up Sooyoung as the numbers of zombies increased and more of them came out of nowhere. The group ran towards the other direction which was not included on their plan and will probably make their life a bit hard since the hall that they were currently taking will only make them go far from where they intend to go, the testing center.

"Run.. Run.."

"Zombies..And a whole lot of them guys."

More undead trailed behind them, some were cutting their way and some they just dont know where it came from, its like zombies were coming out of nowhere and no matter how many they killed, the numbers of those wanting to bite them, eat them and rip them apart were only increasing.

".... Leeteuk, by this rate, we need to disperse or else we're all going to die here." Kibum suggested which their leader greatly affirmed on.

"Team B, left. Team A. Follow me. Good luck Kibum." Leeteuk told them as they took the nearest right turn. While Kibum's group went for the left hallway. Both unaware that two of their teammates were missing. 

Make that three.

"Amber..Oh My god. Amber.." Krystal panicked as she noticed that the strap on her waist was gone. It mustve loosened due to their endless running and now Amber is missing.

"Krystal, come on."

"Wait, Amber's gone."

"Leave her, they wont kill her, dont worry."

"No, I cant leave her behind. Minhyuk, let me go. I said let me go." Krystal was struggling to get out of the guy's hold when suddenly, something attacked Minhyuk.

"A-amber?" Krystal froze on her spot as she saw her girlfriend hovering on top of Minhyuk, trying to get a bite on him.

"Krystal..Help me..Help.." Minhyuk pleaded but Krystal was currently in shock to see her girlfriend acting like a wild animal, wanting to eat a human alive, trying to get a bite out of Minhyuk.

"Krystal.." Another shout from the guy woke her up and she immediately raised her gun and unconsciously shot at the monster on top of him and kicked it. That gave the guy a chance to push the monster off him and after he regain his composure, he picked up his gun and ran as fast as he can with a still-in-shock Krystal in tow.

He managed to lock themselves in a room. Annoyed, scared and feeling hopeless, thats exactly how he is feeling right now and having Krystal moppin on the floor wasnt exactly a mood brightening sight to see.

With such force, he pulled her up on her feet. "Look, Krystal. If you want to die out her. Fine, be my guest." And when she didnt stop crying, he made his voice clear and loud as he can. "Will, you please stop crying. For heaven's sake. Are you really going to cry a river for your dead girlfriend. In case you havent noticed, she's not the Amber you used to love. She's a monster."

Unbeknownst to him, Krystal was in a turmoil as she remembered Amber's words before.

"Kill me,before I kill you."

It was swirling inside her head so fast that she felt like it was all a dream, like its not real, like it wasnt happening. But she immediately pulled back to reality as she felt something soft on her lips... It was soft, yet it was rough.. It was moving too rough.. Too hash.. Too forceful.. And it hit her..

 

Minhyuk was kissing her..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




Too short? Yeah, I know...Im currently trying to get my zombie feels back and to be honest... Im still not into writing anything.. But I owe you guys an update..  So here yah go..

This isnt much but.. ohh well.. I dont know what Im writing anyway.. 

I hope I can end this fic soon.. Its already killing me.....