Odd help

Against All Odds

Krystal blinked once, twice till it registered to her that someone else’s lips were moving against hers. She mustered all her strength to push the body in front of her and Minhyuk came contact to the floor; first.

He stood up and brushed his pants off some dust. “Thought you’d never wake up. Glad youre ba..”  His words got cut off as his cheeks met a strong slap. Krystal’s hand was up high on the air and was about to go for another hit but Minhyuk held her wrist. “Once is enough Krystal.”

“You kissed me. You ing kissed me.” Krystal angrily shouted at him, pulling her arm back to her side.

“Well, if you don’t remember, you were panicking and we cant save your girlfriend’s if you are. So you should be glad I helped you and besides, kissing you was way more effective than slapping you back to reality.”

Krystal shoved him by his shoulder.  “That’s never going to happen.”

“Don’t worry, I don’t hit on committed girls okay? Even if your girlfriend is a zombie now.” Krystal glared him. “Look, you only shot her at her arm and I doubt it did anything to her so that means your girlfriend is just out there, probably walking around like the rest of them.” He walked towards the door and placed his ear against it; trying to hear any kind of movement from the other side of the door. Growls and heavy footsteps was what Minhyuk heard before something hit the door, resulting for him to take few steps back and spreading his arms wide, as if telling Krystal to back away.

“Whats wrong?” Krystal worriedly asked.

“Something’s trying to get in.”

“It must be Amber.” Krystal was about to run to the door but Minhyuk already got a hold of her waist.  “Or not. We don’t know what’s behind that door Krystal. We open that and we’re like inviting everyone for a party, eat-all-you-can style.”

Even though Krystal wanted so badly to see if it was indeed her girlfriend or not, Minhyuk’s words were sensible. “Just think about it, if we die today.. if you die today then it’s the end for your love story. No Amber, no nothing.”

Krystal pried herself off the guy’s hold. “Fine. Then what are you suggesting for us to do now? We cant lock ourselves in here and wait for the others to find us.”

Minhyuk look around and scanned the whole room; a small window was just across where they stand and it sure is leading outside but theyre on the second floor, they might survive jumping down but no assurance that zombies wont be running towards them as they hit the ground.

A wide smile spread along Minhyuk’s face as he looked up.

“What’s with the creepy smile?” Krystal asked as she too raised her head and looked exactly where Minhyuk’s eyes were casted upon; an air vent.

“Looks small but I think we can crawl our way there.” Minhyuk replied before looking around again. The door caught their attention. Something is indeed trying to get in and it seems getting rather impatient, they can tell with the way the loud thumping sounds is getting louder with every seconds passed.

“Krys, help me.” Krystal tore her eyes off the door and immediately ran next to Minhyuk who was pulling a table. “Is this supposed to be this heavy?” She commented.

Once they placed the table just below the vent, Minhyuk pulled a chair and put it on top of the table before climbing it. He reached upwards and with all his strength pushed the vent open. Once open, she pulled Krystal up and helped her climb up the vent.

“Here, take this.” He said, pertaining to their bags he just picked from the floor.

The vent wasn’t that small. Krystal found it rather bigger than what she had thought since she can move freely on her fours. She pulled the bags and waited for Minhyuk to climb up.

“Minhyuk?” She asked out and when she was about to peek down, Mihyuk’s face greeted her. “Move aside. Zombies broke the door down. Move.” Krystal crawled backwards to make a room for the guy.

“.. .. …” Minhyuk was panicking as he saw a zombie pulling his legs down. “Krys help.. Help.” His body was almost inside the vent and a white coated zombie was trying to pull himself up with him. Mihyuk tried to kick the zombies head but it was no use, the zombie got a strong hold on his right leg.

“Down.” Krystal warned and thankfully Minhyuk was still on his right senses as he lay down and covered his ears.

Gunshot echoed through the vent; the zombie’s tight grip on Minhyuk’s  leg and it fell down, breaking the man-made ladder Minhyuk and Krystal put together earlier.

Meanwhile Krystal’s head felt like it was going to burst as the gunshot resonated through the small space of the vent and had resulted for her to be a little deaf right after.

“Krystal move..” Minhyuk’s words was not that clear to her but she somehow read the words through his lips and so, she motioned herself to move; crawling her way forward.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Kibum stopped momentarily as he heard a gunshot. It didn’t come from any of her member and neither from Leeteuk’s considering he heard it coming from the vent.

“What’s wrong?” Jeno asked who was just right next to him. Kibum looked around and notice that her group was missing one of its members. “Where’s Minhyuk?”

“He was just right behind me. I saw him before we took the left turn.” Sooyoung answered.

“He’s not yet dead, is he?” Worry was evident in Seohyun’s innocent face and it was a very rare sight for her long time friend, Sooyoung, to see.

“I don’t think so. I heard a gunshot just now. “ Kibum replied as she looked up at the vent above him.

“I heard that too.” Jeno seconded.

“Its probably him then. Im sure he’ll find his way back to us. He knows the plan anyway.” Sooyoung assured the group, knowing exactly Minhyuk’s determination to survive this apocalypse, she’s sure the guy will do everything to keep himself alive.

And the group resumed running as quietly as they can towards their only salvation, their only hope; the cure.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

“Where’s Krystal?” Taeyeon asked as soon Leeteuk managed to guide them through the zombie filled hallways and into a safe room which theyre not sure what for.

“Wasn’t she just right behind us?” Sunny who was the closest to the door asked.

“.” Taeyeon cursed as she ran her hands through her hair. “Jessica’s going to ing kill me.” She noted.

“Lets just hope that she’s with Kibum’s group.” Leeteuk sounded quite believable as it made Taeyeon felt a little relived since if Krystal indeed in her brother’s protection, she’s sure that she’s safe. But the next words Leeteuk said made her stomach flip in mixed worry and frustration. “And that Amber hadn’t killed her yet.”