Risk

Against All Odds

"Are you guys ready to go? I already called Choiza to inform them that we're coming. Said he'll try to buy us some more time so we better get going." I told them as soon as everyone wasi the living room. We took all the food we have and some clothes too. With the guns all strapped on our waist and extra magazine loaded with bullets, I think thats what we needs the most.

Im the only one who's really good at aiming and firing my gun and Jeno too, he's got some skills for his age but the rest? I dont know if they do. Krystal and I have taught Dara and the couple, they said they'll manage but I doubt that. When youre out there, its way scarier than what you can imagine, even I gets scared too knowing that I have people on my care. Its easier back when I was alone, I just need to worry about myself, but having a group that youre the only one well-fit enough... Its even scarier and worrisome. More lives are at stake not just mine so I need to be more careful on my actions and as well as decisions.

So this is how Rick Grimes felt on the Tv show Walking dead. Being responsible for others' lives is really a hard task. Just thinking about it makes me more nervous than being faced with an eater who wants to eat me alive. But I have no choice, do I? Krystal is the only family I have, Jessica and Dara are the only family she has, Taeyeon is Jessica's ex-girlfriend. Yuri and Tiffany is their friends and Jeno just happened to be at the right place and time so he was in the group. Oh man.. I cant let any of them die without upsetting the others.. Its kinda frustrating when you think about it more.

"Yeah,were ready." Everyone answered.

"Last reminders guys. Aim at the head as much as you can. Yuri, Taeyeon, you knew how its like being out in the open. Try your best to protect whoever needs help." They nodded at me. "We're a group now,wether some of you dont like it.. " I turned to Jessica and Taeyeon but I guess everything is okay now between them. "We need to act as a group. If something bad happen which I hope not, run as fast as you can and I'll try my best to get to you. Keep yourself within the group and dont get yourselves killed, okay?" They nodded.

"Now.. The truck is parked at the alley, I blocked the way so zombies cant get through so we'll be safe but as soon as I reverse the truck, be prepared, those eaters will sure aim for you so fire when its only necessary. Open the gate and get inside the truck and signal me when everyone's all settled. Okay? Are we clear?"

"She sound like a soldier." I heard Jeno commented.

"Thats because she is." Dara said, chuckling over the kid's cute reaction. I guess he didnt know that Im in the army.

We head out, the scene havent changed at all since earlier, the truck was surrounded by zombies but unlike earlier they look calm I guess they only become aggressive in the presence of a stimuli.. and I guess thats us.. their food. And Im right cause as soon as they heard us walking at the stairs, they were on alert and eat mode again.

 

"You think I'd go with them at the back?" Krystal said as I held her hand. "You need me to back you up right?" She said holding out the gun infront of us. "So come on, lets go." She took my hand and pulled me to the driver seat.

This girl never fails to amaze me.

Shaking my head, I followed her and told the others to get ready as soon as I started the engine,more and more zombies came towards us some of them Ive tried to run down as I reversed and tried to parked the truck with its back on the gate of the apartment alley.

I heard some gunfires and we could see some zombies fall on the ground from the side mirrors. I looked around and saw some window curtains opening up..So there's still more surivors trapped inside their own houses. The urge of helping people sparked inside me but i shrugged it off. My hands are already full. I wont manage to keep an eye out on all of them if Im going to take more people in. Its better this way. There's a huge chance they'll survive by locking themselves in than be out in the open like what we're going to do. I know its a suicide but we decided to take the risk.. We all agreed to.

Since the truck has a small window that connects the front and its back, we could easily communicate with each other.

"Hey hyung.. Lets go.." It was Jeno.

"God this is so exciting." Yuri as posotive as always.

"Yah Kwon Yuri.. Calm your girlfriend down, Tiff looks like she's gonna have a nervous break down." Taeyeon yelled.

"Hey Krys.. Are you alright there?" Jessica's worried voice spoke.

"Yeah Unnie." Krystal reached over for my hand and squeezed it.  "Im fine.. Dont worry."

I smiled at her and squeezed back before focusing on the road in front of us.

Yeah, maybe this is a suicide after all but this is a risk worth taking, with Krystal beside me, I feel like I can overcome anything. She sure do know how to bring out the best in me.. and the fact that she trusts me makes me motivated and thats what matters most..