Farewell

Against All Odds

"Where the hell are they? They should be here hours ago." Krystal worriedly and frustratedly exclaimed, stomping her feet on the ground. Amber, Suzy and Eric had left early this morning to get some stocks in a town not too far from where they had settled a camp for the day, but untill now they havent come back and the sun is already settling down.

"Relax baby Jung, Im sure they just got hold back by zombies, they'll be here soon. Speaking of the devil." Everyone had turned their heads to where Yuri had been looking at.

"Oh my god.." Krystal was the one to ran to her girlfriend's side. "Amber, youre covered with blood, what happened? Are you okay? Were you bitten?" Her girlfriend didnt answered, instead she went directly inside the van.

"What the hell happened?" No one answered.

 

 


 

 

"Please Suzy,not today.." Amber said annoyingly. She and Krystal had just made up and she doesnt want anymore complications that will result to Krystal really leaving her.

"If not today, then when Amber? When?" Suzy pressed on but Amber inored her and walked ahead faster. Their heading towards the nearest town to gather some stocks that they will need on their journey.

"Look Suzy, I loved you okay? Believe me I did, but thats over now, I love Krystal now." Amber said, finalizing her decision that she wont let ayone break her relationship with Krystal apart. No, she wont let that happen. She cant let that happen.

"Then explain to me what you said that you want me to kiss you more? What the hell was that about?"

"Spur of the moment Suzy, thats just it. Please Suzy, lets not make our lives harder than it already is." Amber said before starting to walk again but Suzy yanked her wrist.

"Suzy please, accept the fact that you already lost me. We're not together anymore. I have someone new now.. And I love her, I cant let you break us apart. Im sorry."

 

 


 

 

Krystal found Amber sitting on the truck's floor with her arms hugging her knees to he chest. She could hear sobs from the soldier and didnt know what she should do to comfort her girlfriend so she sat beside Amber and placed her hand over her shoulder.

"Were you bitten?" Amber only shook her head.

"The blood on your shirt, is it yours?" silence before her girlfriend gave her a relieving shook of her head.

Amber flung her body towards Krystal that caused them to fall on the floor. Krystal's hands carressed her girlfriend's back as the sobs became louder every second.

 

 


 

 

"Got everything?" Amber asked as she threw the bag on her back, securing its strap on her shoulders.

"Not quite.." She heard Suzy said.

"5 minutes then were leaving." Amber said as she peeked at the shelves and see what Suzy's doing.

"Seriously? Wine?"

"What? I need to celebrate this day Amber.. You finally broke up with me.." Suzy sarcastically answered and Amber rolled her eyes walking over to Eric who's just zipping his bag when suddenly they heard Suzy's scream..

"The .. Eric move.." Both of them ran to Suzy who was being hovered by a zombie on the floor.. Where the hell that eater came from? Was what Amber had in mind and as if she was palarized she couldnt move her feet, her eyes wide open and cant believe what she was seeing.. Eric was mirroring her.. They were too late.. Too late..

"No.. No.. No.." Amber exclaimed as Suzy's screams echoed inside her head. She pulled a knife and stabbed the zombie's head..

"Amber.. Amber.." Suzy's tears were overwhelming Amber.. The soldier had lost her sense of thinking..

"God damn it.. .." Eric said kneeling beside their friend.. Amber had lost it, she didnt know what to do.. Her eyes were getting blurry and it felt like everything suddenly hurt..

 

 


 

It had been a silent meal, Amber refused to eat but Krystal didnt pushed her and just let her rest. It had been a long day for her.. Amber's tired so Krystal lulled her to sleep and went outside to here what really happened.

Right after Amber arrived, everyone swarmed around Eric and asked him questions, "What happened?" "Where's Suzy?" "Were you bitten?" but he didnt answer like Amber and instead he went straight to Sam and hugged his friend.. Seeing Eric broke down in tears and not seeing Suzy with them, the group knew what had happened.

 


 

Amber didnt know how they managed to get out of the supermarket and out of the town..It became blurry to her and didnt even notice that she was carrying Suzy's now weak body till Eric had told her to stop running for a second and rest..

"Youve been running like a mad man earlier, pulling Suzy along and firing at every zombie we came across." Eric had said but she cant remember anything.

Amber had stopped and layed Suzy on the ground. She gritted her teeth and her trembling hand traced the wound over Suzy's shoulder where the zombie had just ripped off some of her skin, blood were still spurting out of it. 

"Suzy.. Suzy.." Was all Amber could mutter.. She put her hand over the would thinking that it would stop bleeding but it didnt.

"Amber.. Amber.." Suzy's hands joined Amber's on her wound and held it, the latter looked down at her. "Everything will be okay Suzy.. You wont turn like them.. I will.. I will save you.. Hold on.. The blood..  I just need something to stop the bleeding.. Wait.." Amber was about to stand up when Suzy held her cheeks with her bloody hand.

"If I turn, will you kill me?"

"No..You know I wouldnt do that, come on Suzy, you cant turn like them.. We're almost near Gyeonsangnam-do. Please.." Amber paused and turned to Eric.. "Help me carry her.." 

"No Amber, Im serious.."

"And Im not? Suzy, i cant let you die like this.. No, I wont let you die like this.. I will save you.."

"How?"

Silence.

Suzy laughed but a weak one. "This is a petty request Amber but.. Can.. can you kiss me a.." Susy trailed off as Amber's lips had sealed hers and kept her from talking. 

"I love you.."

"I know.. and I love you too." words were said right after they broke their kiss off, Amber's forehead resting on Suzy and her hand cupping the other girl's cheeks.

Suzy coughed blood and they knew she was starting to turn.. "I envy Krystal.. I had all your firsts but she'll have all your lasts."

"Shhh.. Dont talk anymore.. Lets go back to the truck.." Amber pulled away and was about to rice on her foot when she had felt Suzy pulled her gun from her gunstrap.. "Suzy, please dont do it.." 

"You said you wouldnt do it and Im sure Eric wouldnt too.. Goodbye Amber.." Suzy gave the soldier her warmest smile and turned to her other friend. "Keep her safe, will you Eric?"

"Suzy Noooooooooooo."

The sound of the gunfire echoed throughout the woods and it resonated inside the two frozen living body's ears as they stared at their lifeless friend on the ground.

"Suzy.. Suzy.." Amber picked up her dead friend and hugged her tightly as she called out her name repeatedly with tears rolling down her eyes. Eric fell on his knees and cried along with Amber for hours till they had decided to go and leave Suzy behind. 

Good thing Eric still hadnt quit smoking and thanks to Suzy who had thought of taking a wine back at the supermarket, it has been useful..

They agreed not to let anymore monsters taint their friends precious skin so they burned her until she turned into ashes..

 

"Have a safe journey.." Was Amber's last farewell.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Sorry guys, I just need to kill Suzy cause if I keep her alive she'll just make more problems for our Kryber and I cant let that happen cause they just made up.. I hope you guys arent mad??

Ohh well this fic is going to end soon..  My soon.. but maybe more or less SM's SOON since I dont update frequently like I used to..

So yeah.. Tell me guys what you think..