Trouble

Against All Odds

It has been two weeks now after I woke up. My leg seems to be healing perfectly well as Jessica said it since no nerves were damaged seriously I'll be fine in a couple of weeks. That girl sure knows what she's talking about to think that she's not even a medical student.

Pfc Choiza keeps me updated in the camp. The civilians have been safely transported to the camp and they made the wall and defense stronger than before. I told him I'll come with more civilians and the camp was very much willing to help them.

"What's going on?"I asked, slightly limping my way to the living room. Krystal supported me by placing my arms around her shoulder.

"Im fine Krys. Whats the meeting for?"

"Dad's organizing a team to scan the town for food. There's a 24 hour store 5 blocks away from here. And theyre planning to go there."

"Its not that safe." 

"We know, but we're running out of supplies, someone needs to go out there and get some stock."

"Im coming with them.."

"What? No.. Are you serious?" She cupped my face. "I just got you, you think I'd let you go out there again? Amber youre not even well enough."

I held her hand. "But your dad's men wont even last a day out there. You know that right?" Krystal nodded. I was about to volunteer but her dad shook his head.

"My daughter's right. You can barely even stand more than an hour. Listen to your girlfiend will you?" At that moment, I hated that Mr Jung accpeted our relationship. Its not because Im still not well thats why he doesnt want me to go out there, but for Krystal's sake. He doesnt want his daughter to be sad again.

"Thanks Dad." 

 

 

 

 

Before the day ended, out of 7 people they sent out there only three came back alive with bags full of canned food and other necessities everyone needed like sanitary napkins, baby foods and more canned foods.

The families of those who got killed out there were crying as silently as they could. Everyone was mourning for them and thankful that they have sacrificed themselves just so others could live. No one can blame anyone since it was out of voluntary. No one had forced anyone so they cant be mad..

For days, everyone had been silent over the meals both being thankful for the food being served to them and at the same time feeling sory for those who risked their lifes just so everyone can eat.

"Lets not waste what are family members have gave us." Those were Krystal's dad's word before everyone starts to eat, reminding us how lucky we are that we're still alive and eating. 

 

 

 

We're all in deep slumber when suddenly I heard a loud crash. Since we're trained to be more aware in our surrounding even we're asleep, even the smallest sound wakes me up easily. I jolted up to sit dragging Krystal along with me as she was sleeping in my arms. The second thing I did was reach for my riffle on the floor.

"What is it Am?" She asked me. Instead of answering her I put on my clothes and looked outside the window.

". Krys.. Get dressed and wake everyone up."

She stood up and did what I told her, putting on her shirt and pants. "Why whats wrong?"

"A car just broke your wall down."