Worth

Against All Odds

We tried to be as silently as we could but for someone who's dead, zombies got such good sense of hearing. As soon as we were almost near the building, zombies swarmed us. Jeno fired his gun, covering Taeyeon and Seung Hyun as they went out of the car and backed us up, giving us the chance to join them.

We headed straight to a window that lead to an office which Seunghyun said to be their head officer in charge's office before when he was attacked by one of their turned-employee.

We had a couple of zombies tailing behind us as soon as we went out to the hallways. Seunghyun told us that the case where they put the samples and datas of the most recent successful test they did was left on the research centre four floors below us. So apart having 5 floors up, there's a couple more underground. Countries surprises me sometimes. Who wouldve known there's undeground floors in this old-looking building?

"Turn right. Right. Mother ing zombies.. Die.. Die.." Seunghyun's adrenaline must be hitting the roof right now, judging with the way he speak and his face with all seriousness on it.

"Having a lot of fun huh?" I joked which earned me stiffles of laughs.

"Sometimes I wonder how can you still joke around at this time. You know, we could die even before we get to the UG1." Seunghyun said, still firing his gun whenever there's a zombie.

"Geez, Mr. Sensitive, Im just trying to lighten up the mood."

"Guys. Focus." Taeyeon said, gripping her gun tightly in fron of her. "I dont want to die here." We all smiled at her.

I kept Taeyeon closer to me me since out of us all, Taeyeon is the least experienced with guns. I dont want anything to happen to her or I'll die in Jessica's hand if not with these zombies. And I think I'd rather be killed by zombies than Jessica. Based to everything Ive heard about the girl, Jessica is ruthless. I crined as I thought of many possible ways she could kill me if I wont bring Taeyeon back to her.

"Turn that left. Elevator.."

"Zombies in the lift."

The sound of gun fires echoed as we shoot the zombies inside the elevator. The least we want was to be inside it with zombies trying to eat us.

"Go.. Go.. Go.." I told them as I stopped and killed the ones who were behind us, buying them time to check for live zombies.

"Clear..Hyung come on." Jeno yelled, preventing the elevator to close with his hands. "Come on."

"Woah..Thats so close..Owww.What was that for?" I asked after recieving a painful wack on the head by non other than Jeno, himself.

"Krystal Noona said to smack you on the head if your doing stupid tings."

"Yah.. She said kick me on the .."I corrected him. "Geez Jeno.. Youre more whipped than me."

"Too bad for you Hyung.. Im scared of her more than the zombies to be honest." We all end up laughing at Jeno's confession.

We all got serious when the elevator stopped and the 'ding' sound echoed through its four walls. For a moment there I felt scared, a little but I immediately shooed it away. It isnt the time to get scared.. Not now, nor ever. "Here goes nothing." I said raising my gun in front. As soon as the door opened we ran as fast as we can, I have Taeyeon in tow just so she wont get separated to me. No matter what happen I wont let her leave my side.

"Wheres the research centre." 

"This is the research centre."

"You mean, this whole floor is the research centre. What the ?" I exclaimed in the midst of gunfires and grunts of the zombies approaching us. "How are we going to find that suitcase in this floor, theyre like 15 rooms here." I got suddenly annoyed. It wouldve been nice if he told us first, there's a lot of zombies in every corner and not knowing where the god damn suitcase is doesnt really help and can only be the reason of our death.

"We need to search every room." He told us. Without answering I kicked one door open and went inside, still pulling Taeyeon along with me. Zombies approached us and we killed all of them. We did the same in  a few more rooms till we got a radio from Jeno. "We found it Hyung. We got the.. ohh .." The line went dead again.

"Jeno.. Jeno.. Where the hell are you.. Come out of there now, we'll meet you guys in the elevator. Dont get your ing selves killed." I yelled on the radio while Taeyeon covered me up, firing at the zombies still trying to get near us.

"Lets go. Let's go. They have the suitcase." I took Taeyeon's hand again and pulled her. My feet is on a double, not wasting any second and takingtwo steps at a time.

"Amber.. For Jessica's sake, dont drag me like this, I aint a rugdoll."

"Sorry Taeyeon. I cant risk anything today. Not today. So keep up with my phase."

I felt relieved as soon as I saw Jeno holding a suitcase inside the open elevator, firing at some few zombies walking towards him making room forus to run on. "Come on Hyung, Lets go.. Lets go." He said, waving for us to move faster.

"Seunghyun?" 

"He got caught up behind me and he got eaten." I pitied Jeno. He witnessed a lot of death already at such a young age. I patted his shoulders. Even how much he sound like an adult, deep inside him, he's still a fragile and innocent kid. And its just too bad that this apocalypse robbed his youth from him.

"Are you okay?" He just nodded. "Okay. As soon as we get to the ground floor, run out of the building as soon as possible. Im going to burn this building into ashes." Understanding what I mean, the two only nodded.

And as what I ordered them to do, they sprinted out as soon as the elevator opened, dodging zombies along the way and firing their guns at some to make more room for me as I pulled the grenades' pins and threw it on the floor as I trailed behind them. "Go..Go.. Go.." I yelled at them.. "Ohh .." One explosion after the other and I found myself thrown at a distance with its intensity.

"Taeyeon.. Jeno.." I called out, slightly coughing in between as ashes and smoke of the collapsed building went inside my lungs.

"Amber.." I heard Taeyeon's voice. The black smoke made it hard for my eyes to see anything.

"Go to the truck now." I instructed.

"Ge off me..Get off me." Distress is evident in Jeno's voice and it instantly pulled me to my senses. Rushing towards the panicking voice, Jeno and a zombie came into focus. The zombie was hovering on top of him. I immediately kicked it off and stepped on its head hard, crusing it into pieces. But as soon I turned around, another zombie bumped into me, pushing the two of us on the ground.

The next thing I know, Jeno was already pulling me up. "You passed out." He told me. My head does hurt a bit. Clenching it as I straightened up and balanced myself.. Im alright.. I think.

"Come on Hyung, lets go." Jeno said as he supported me towards the truck were everyone was waiting for us. Krystal had her arms wide open for me which I let myself be enveloped with her love and warmth. Eric and the rest of the gang encircled around the suitcase and looked into it with hope that it would be the cure and solution for everything.

And as if fate was on our side. The phone in Krystal's possession rang. It was Choiza, he told us that theyre going to do another search and rescue operation tomorrow before they do the clean up and to our luck they'll cover up the place we're going to right now. A town not so far from Gyeonsangnam-do.

"And we think we have some cure Buddy. We just need to do more testing."

"Thats a great news Corporal. Lets all hope for the best."

"For the best." I ended the call with much more enthusiasm than before. Staring at the whole gang with all their smiling faces, specially Krystal's proud and loving stare  made it all worth it..

 Its all worth it.

 

 

 

 


 

 

"Hyung.. How are we going to tell this to the group? What if.."

"No Jeno.. No one's going to find out. Just dont say anything to anyone."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

Ohh hello there my lovely readers..I feel guilty for neglecting this fic for so long.. Im sort of kryber deprive lately to the extent that I cannot find the heart to write an update. And Im sorry for that..I owe you guys a lot.. 

And sorry if Im too concentrated with my soshi fics and one shots.. Its just my angst mood not letting me do any updates in all of my Kryber fics.. so yeah..

But dont worry guys.. I'll do an update whenever I can. But till then.. you need to bear with an old angsty GrandpaBacon..

 

ing out..

^_^v