Trust

Against All Odds

"Can we talk?" Amber asked leaning on the opened window of the car where Suzy was sitting comfortably on its inclined passenger's seat, eyes closed and arms crossed on her chest. 

Last night, after Amber and Krystal came back from their short intimate moment, Suzy's group and Amber's decided to conjoin together since Yuri and Taeyeon thought that Suzy and the two boys with her seems to be better than them at handling guns so its best to let them come with them to Gyeonsangnam-do. Jessica doesnt like the idea but since Amber had agreed to it and Krystal didnt show any oppositions, she decided to act like Suzy doesnt exist on the group yet keeps an eye out to her in case the girl will do something that may hurt her sister.

"Can we really talk Amber?" Suzy asked back, opening her eyes and pushing the car door open making Amber tooka step back.. After last night, Amber never had the chance to talk to her since it was already late, zombies came and they had to drive again.

"Yes." Amber replied shoving her hand on her back pocket. Suzy smiled noticing that Amber hadnt lost that habit when she's nervous.

The group was having their lunch just beside the road, no zombies at sight so they were a little relaxed right now. Suzy finished her food faster than the others so she had time for a nap but since Amber came to her and offered for a chat she threw the idea of having some nap for later.

Amber walked ahead and Suzy followed.

 

 


 

 

"Is it really fine for them to talk?" Dara queried, all eyes were on the two people who walked a couple of feet away from them, where no one can hear them.

"I trust Amber." Krystal confidently answered.

Eric snickered. "You'll gonna regret that after she break your heart. Trusting someone like her would only leave you broken hearted."

"You talk about Amber like she's the cruelest person on earth. Not because she left your group when her parents died, she already betrayed your friendship." Krystal tried to be cool but the guy was gettingon her nerves. She doesnt like anyone saying bad things about her girlfriend, even if its Amber's past friends.

"Ohh she already told you that? Well did she also told you that she's the one who killed my parents?" Eric was mad, everyone can see that. "Sorry." Sam said as he followed his friend to their car.

"Okay, that's just awkward." Yuri muttered, focusing on her own food. The rest fell silent, all thinking about what Eric had said.

 

 


 

 

"So.. Krystal huh? She's pretty. Did you change your preference now?" Suzy asked kicking some pebbles on the ground.

"I guess so." Amber replied, looking at a distant. "Look Suzy.."

"Dont." Suzy said turning her head to Amber who still has her hand on her back pocket. "You dont know how hard it was for me when you chose to be in the army, my family left cause they dont want to face you in any battlefield or whatever ground youre in. They had promised your parents that they'll take care of you but they cant do that when you already turned your back on what your parents were fighting for and even so joined the enemy's team. I hadnt had the chance to say goodbye to you. So dont do this now.. now that I just found you again."

"I already have Krystal Suzy.. And I love her." They both fell silent.

"I still love you." Suzy broke the silence but it only made Amber harder to breathe.

Suzy was Amber's first friend ever since she learned to talk, walk and run. It was the girl who always hold her hand to pull her up whenever she falls down. It was Suzy who had been always there for her whenever her parents were nowehere to be found. They have been each other's foundation of trust, friendship and love. All of Amber's first experiences was Suzy and same goes with the latter. First hold hands, first hug, first kiss and first love making. They had shared everything, from foods, drinks, bed to clothes. They never hid any secrets from each other, even Amber's dream of quitting the rebels and joining the army. Suzy never understood but she accepted it. They both shared promises and dreams.. Four years ago they were a perfect couple and now its like theyre complete strangers.

"I cant break Krystal's heart Suzy."

 

 


 

 

"How was the talk?" Krystal asked as soon as Amber sat beside her.

"Good." Amber reply was short that gave Krystal a hint that it didnt end well.

"She didnt agree huh?" Amber only nodded her head. "Where are you going?" Amber rabbed Krystal's wrist when she stood up and pulled her back to her former position.

"Im going to have a girl talk with your EX-girlfriend." Amber chucked when she noticed how her girlfriend emphasized the word 'EX-girlfriend'.

"No need.I told her what I needed to say, if she cant deal with it then its her problem. You dont have to worry about it anymore." Amber reassure Krystal but the latter doesnt seem convinced.

"Just trust me, okay?"