Desolate

Against All Odds

Amber watched as she was being strapped on a bed. Her both wrists and feet were all being tied down while one doctor was putting what seems like wires on her head and on her chest thats connected in some computers. One doctor was taking some blood samples on her and not far from her was Jeno lying on the same bed as her and with the same mechanical apparatuses as her only he wasnt being tied down unlike her.

She stared at the light bulb above her, thinking about Krystal whom she didnt know was just outside the laboratory room, crying her heart out seeing her girlfriend being treated like an animal subject.

"Hyung." She heard Jeno called to him. She smiled, not wanting to scare Jeno. "Im fine. Just dont go near me when I turned okay?" She told him. She closed her eyes after the boy nodded at her, feeling a headache surge into her. Her chest suddenly hurts and she felt like she's losing air to breathe.

"She's turning. Hurry up." One of the doctors said and they quickened their phase and when everyone is done they immediately went out of the room and locked it.

"Amber." Krystal repeatedly said as she banged the window glass in front of her. She can see everything that happening to Amber, the monitor just beside her shows the changes her girlfriend was going through. Her heart rate was decreasing and her mental activity was rather increasing which the doctors says was natural and the same as the ones that theyve had under surveillance. Jeno's case was rather normal, no changes at all other than his heart rate was immensely increasing probably because of the nervousness he was feeling, seeing how Amber, the person closes to him was slowly turning into a zombie.

"Krys.." Jessica muttered, her heart was breaking into pieces to see how devastating the situation is for her sister. She pulled Krystal in her arms and hugged her.

Tiffany and Dara, unable to take everything in, walked out of the room with Yuri, Eric and Sam following them behind. Taeyeon was by the door with her brother and had received a pat in the shoulder when Yuri walked passed them.

"What will happen if they wont get the cure right?"

"They'll kill them both." Kibum answered as he looked over where his loyal soldier is, tied in a bed waiting for her end. "They will have no other use for them but as a guinea pig Tae."

Taeyeon and Jessica stared for a moment when the former nodded. "Oppa, where can we rest? Amber's girlfriend would need something to make her sleep for tonight."

"I'll show you and dont worry I'll get you some sleeping pills, Im sure you'd all be needing it."

 

 

 


 

 

"No Jess, I dont need it, I dont want to sleep, I want to be with Amber.. I want to be there with her.. Please Jess tell them to let me go inside the lab. Please." Jessica knew Krystal was being hysterical now, heck she would too if its Taeyeon lying there instead of Amber but she cant do anything and she obviously wont let her sister do something stupid like going inside the laboratory room where Amber is already a zombie now.

They needed four army men to carry Krystal out of the viewing room once Amber had changed. They saw how aggressive Amber had become when she saw Jeno few feet away from her. Jeno wasnt a younger brother anymore but a food. She knows Jeno is her food. Amber's eyes lost its color and was now all gray and her skin color had become pale. She wasnt Krystal's Amber anymore. She's a monster now.

But the group doesnt want to think about Amber like that. Amber's image had remained cool, calm, loving and friendly to them and that wont change even if now Amber was nothing like that anymore.

"Please Krys.. You need to sleep."

"How.. How would I able to sleep if my girlfriend is there, tied down and everyone looks at her like she's a monster, a rat lab who they can dispose whenever they like? Tell me Jess, how?" Tears flowed endlessly from Krystal's eyes as she let herself fall n the floor.

"Jess, I need Amber.. I need my girlfriend. I need her."