Suicide

Against All Odds

Krystal kept on glancing behind her, making sure that Amber was still there and checking if the knot was still intact every now and then. The last thing she wants to happen was losing Amber again. Although the sight of her girlfriend chained and masked to prevent her from biting still disturbs her, she thought it was better than having Amber lose.  

Krystal brought her attention back to Minhyuk who was leading their way, to where, none of them has an idea. They don’t even know exactly where they are but they should be going; to the testing lab, which none of the two know where it is. So they just follow wherever their instincts will lead them.

They all stopped moving when Minhyuk raised his hand, balling it into a fist; a signal Krystal came to know was meant for  ‘Stop, There’s zombies.’

She held her gun closer to her chest, clenching it tightly as she could as she ready herself to fire if its necessary. And luckily, they don’t need to as the herd of zombies just passed by the corridor without noticing them. Amber, on the other hand kept on trying to get a bite of Krystal and the latter will always shove her face to the other way. Ohh blessed Amber’s mask, for she cannot bite nor make a sound. The last thing Minhyuk and Krystal wants to happen, is attract some attention to themselves.

“Amber, I swear, Im going to kick your if the zombies see us.”

Minhyuk motioned them to move forward again, with him looking behind their backs to make sure that no zombies are following them.

Fortunately, Krystal saw a bulletin board where a map was pinned, showing exactly where they are at. Both Minhyuk and Krystal’s gaze went to their right before looking back at the map. Eyes’ twinkled with hope as they realized that only a few feet away from where they stood was the Testing laboratory.

With so much enthusiasm, Minhyuk and Krystal with Amber being dragged behind ran towards the said room., only to be blocked by some zombies.

“Ohh no you don’t.” Krystal said before kicking the zombie nearest to her to the ground before stabbing its head with a knife.

Minhyuk fired his gun twice and two zombies fell flat on the floor. He fired again, this time it was for the zombie that almost got Krystal. “I can handle it by myself.”

“I know that. I just want to be helpful.” Krystal just rolled her eyes. She isn’t weak and she had went through a lot to say she’s a fighter, if she needs help she’ll ask and if she didn’t ask it means she’s capable of doing it by herself. So she got a little annoyed with Minhyuk’s sudden action of heroism.

“Thanking me wont kill you.” Minhyuk teased and Krystal just rolled her eyes again, and she wonders how many more eyes-rolling should she make while she’s with him; just thinking about it, Krystal cant help but to roll her eyes again.

“So, how are we going to do this?” Krystal asked as she peeked from Minhyuk’s side. The door was computer generated. It wont work unless they have a card key from one of the Testing Center’s employees.

“How about we do this?” And without any further ado, Minhyuk just suddenly smashed the computerized door lock.

“What the…” Krystal had forgotten what she wanted to say as the door opened a bit. She was about to compliment him for successfully opening the door as the sound of an alarm echoed throughout the whole building.

“Testing Lab’s been breached. Testing Lab’s been breached.  Emergency lock down procedure. All Personnel is requested to go to emergency exits.”

“Get in..” Minhyuk pushed Krystal through the door with Amber behind her.

“What the hell Minhyuk? Look at what you did? Now we’re going to be locked in here for good.” Krystal was beyond mad. She was fuming angry. Their life is in danger and now the whole building is on a lock down. How else will they survive this misfortune theyre facing right now. “Argghh this is all your fault.” Krystal shoved Minhyuk by his shoulder.

“Well, atleast we’re inside the testing lab.” Minhyuk said with a proud tone as the room got illuminated one by one.

 

 

 


 

 

 

“What’s going on?” Jeno was the first to ask when they heard the sound of the alarm echoing though the walls.

“Testing Lab’s been breached. Testing Lab’s been breached.  Emergency lock down procedure. All Personnel is requested to go to emergency exits.”

“What the hell?” Yuri cursed as she saw one of the doors near them closed down with a 5 inch concrete wall.

“Run guys. Run.”  Kibum instructed and they all followed, running as fast as they can as they saw walls behind them closed in with a thug.

“We’re gonna die. We’re gonna die. We’re gonna die.” Sooyoung repeatedly exclaimed as she ran for her life. Soehyun who seemed to be the only calm person in the group just shook her head for the sudden display of cowardice of the group’s well known assassin.

Yuri, on the other hand, was pretending to be calm but she’s just as scared as Sooyoung or maybe more. Flashes of Tiffany’s smiling face distracted her and got tripped, luckily Sooyoung was able to catch her before she totally lost her balance.

“Come on y..” Despite being baffled, Yuri managed to get on her feet and started running again.

“Ohh ..” Kibum cursed as he saw the way ahead of them already blocked.

“This room.” Jeno was already opening the door for them. They ran towards it and felt relieved once they were inside; safe and still in one piece.

The concrete wall fell and enclosed them inside the room. “So.. what are we going to do now?” It was a question Yuri managed to ask in between her breaths.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

“Testing Lab’s been breached. Testing Lab’s been breached.  Emergency lock down procedure. All Personnel is requested to go to emergency exits.”

“Now what?” Lay irritably exclaimed as he stood up. Sunny was covering her ears with how loud the alarm was and it was giving her a headache. “Ohh please, make that alarm stop.”

“I need to save Krystal.” Taeyeon muttered to herself before running towards the door.

“Taeyeon.. Ohh ..” Yonghwa clenched his chest tightly as he stared back at the concrete wall in front of him. If not for Leeteuk who pulled him away from the door, he could’ve been squeezed to death. “Thanks.. But Leeteuk, Taeyeon, she's…” He said referring to the short girl who ran out of the room.

“We cant do anything about it now, its her decision.”