Grave

Against All Odds

"Its getting dark and theyre not here yet." Krystal worriedly said, phasing abck and forth inside the truck with the rest of them watching her from the flooring.

"They just probably got held back, but Im sure theyre on their way here now Krys. Theyre okay." Dara tried but Krystal is still not convinced till she see her girlfriend's face in front of her.

"Water.. Water.." Jessica was alerted by Taeyeon's frail voice asking for water, she immediately took a bottle and pulled Taeyeon to sit so she can drink properly, Tiffany helped her.

"Here, drink."Jessica said, putting the bottle to the patient's mouth. "God, her fever seem so high. She's so boiling hot." Tiffany commented.

Jessica bit her lip as they put Taeyeon back to her former position. "Rest more.." 

Before Taeyeon closed her eyes, she gave Jessica a weak smile and squeezed her hand. "Just rest" Jessica muttered, her eyes were watery but she held it in. She doesnt want to cry. She doesnt want to cause she know Taeyeon will make it out alive so tears arent necessary, but it still worries her more cause the only doctor they had in the group is the one who's sick and might also die if Amber came back empty handed. What if someone else fell in the same situation? What if it was her or Krystal? If the doctor dies, who will cure them? So no. Taeyeon will not die. She cant die, not on Jessica's watch, and besides Taeyeon cant die cause they still have a story to continue so she needs to live, for Jessica, atleast.

 

 

 


 

 

 "What do we need?" Suzy asked as they rummage a clinic's pharmacy. It hadnt been an easy way in since the clinic was surrounded by a whole lot of zombies that we needed to turn around the small building and loose all the zombies from the clinic's doorway.

"Ibuprofens, paracetamols and antibiotics. I'll go get the gauges and anticeptics." I answered going through each shelf.

Eric did the same, getting all he thought we could use for emergencies.

"Done." 

"Me too."

"Alright, we go the other way since Im sure the front is full of zombies again." I told them strapping the back pack on my shoulders.

"Ready?"

"Always." Suzy cocked her rifle and so is Eric then we head out with me leading ahead.

"Here.. Here." I told them as I saw an empty room that has window, zombies got us cornered they were coming in from behind and some blocking our way ahead.

"Go ahead Eric so you'll help Suzy, I'll go in last." Suzy was about to refuse, "Now, hurry up." Eric only nodded and started climbing the window. The door isnt that strong and it'll surely break if those zombies keep on increasing their number and putting all their weight towards the door.

"Amber.."

"Go suzy, Just go to the god damn window."  Suzy did what I told her, passing her backpack to Eric who's already outside, she climbed the window.

"Oh " I muttered as I heard cracking sounds from the door. I hurriedly threw the back pack to Suzy and Eric before climbing over the window.

Zombies came in fast so we started running again, killing some of them along the way.

".." I heard Suzy's voice, I looked over to my right where she was supposed to be running beside me but she wasnt there anymore.

"Amber.." I stopped on my tracks and I saw her being hovered by a zombie, its teeth trying to get a bite on her precious skin.

"Oh no you dont." I said pulling the zombie off her and fired at its head.

"Are you okay? Were you bitten?" I asked as I pulled Suzy on her feet.

"Oh my god,I thought it was the end for me." She said,throwing herself at me. I could feel her body trembling.

I held her closer but still keeping an eye out for an movement, Eric had stop just ahead of us and waited till Suzy calm down but she doesnt look like she's going to any minute now.

"Suzy, its okay. Youre safe now. Shhh dont cry. Youre safe.. Youre with me." I consoled her.

"That was the closest she's ever been with a zombie. You know, she's got a good aim so they barely get ten feet near her." Eric explained.

"Amber.. Amber.." Suzy repeatedly called out my name, still trembling.

"Make her calm down, so we can go." Eric said before turning around. Ever since they were kids, it was only Amber who could make Suzy calm down.

"Suzy, look at me.. Look at me. Youre okay. Youre not bitten.. Nothing happened. I wont let something bad happen to you.. Promise." I told her while she was staring intently on my face specifically on my lips. I saw her her lips and just like magic I did the same.

 

No. This isnt right.

My brain told me but I didnt listen and the next thing i know my lips was moving slowly against hers, my hands pulling her closer to me.

 

"Better now?" I asked her and she just nodded.

"Come on, lets go." Eric called so we all started heading back to the truck.

 

Ohh dear God, I just dig my own grave deeper. Krystal will certainly kill me if she finds out.