Time

Against All Odds

"Why are they taking so long?" Jessica worriedly asked, peeking from the small window off the truck. "Theyve been out there for hours, Oh god, I cant forgive myself if something bad happen to Krystal." She felt a warm hand held hers.

"Im sure nothing happen to them, sure theyre caught up with something, but they'll comeback." Taeyeon said, giving her hand a squeezed and as if like magic, it eased her worries away instantly.

"Oh my god.." Jessica gasped.

Taeyeon on the other hand motioned her finger to her lips turning around to the trio who's laughing just behind them.

"Why?" Yuri mouthed, taking a good grip of her gun, she three one gun to Taeyeon who caught it after releasing Jessica's hands.

"Zombies." Taeyeon mouthed back and a whole lot of them. Yuri stood up and peeked, pushing Jessica lightly who wnt to Tiffany and clasped their hands together with Dara.

It looks like the herd was making their way to the town when something exploded there.

"You think they'll make it?" Yuri whispered to her short friend who's gripping hard on the gun in her hand. If worst comes to worst, she's ready to defend the group and the girl she loves with her own life. She's ready to kill and be killed as long as Jessica and her friends survive this.

Yuri was no difference. Her fingers were warm but sweaty against the cold metal form of the gun. The need to kill is so strong that as soon as one eater came in contact with their truck she'll fire her gun. She'll make sure that her girlfriend and friends will make this one alive, with or without her.

"I dont know, but we need to wait. We're safe as long as were inside the truck." Taeyeon whispered back, not taking her eyes off the window.

Scared was an understatement. Jessica, Tiffany and Dara mightve prayed to all the saints out there as cold and trembling hands clasped together, eyes shut closed and trying so hard not to hear those horrible growls passing by the truck. It wasnt that loud but the truck was so silent that it gave them the unnecessary opportunity to hear those zombies.

"And if they dont come back? Taeyeon, we need to have alternatives. We've got Tiff and Jess to protect. Think about it,we have guns, we dont have to depend our life to a soldier who we dont know if she's still alive or dead out there."

"Lets just wait for more hours Yuri. Lets give them more time."

 

 


 

 

After the explosion back at the gas station that Amber herself had caused, that after they gathered enough amount of gas, that the zombies started filing around them that she fired her gun right through the pumping machine just before they got a clear way with Krystal and Jeno driving ahead of her, she had receive a call from her buddy Pfc Choiza that they cant wait for them anymore.

Amber needed more time which obviously she doesnt have in her hand right now.

"We can no longer control the situation here in the camp. The numbers of eater outside are increasing. We're afraid that if we stayed longer those walls will give out. We need to leave in 1 Cpl Liu... I'll keep in touch.. If you could, go to Gyeonsangnam-do. I'll wait for you there. Im sorry Corporal." That was what her buddy had told her before the line went dead.

Amber only needs more time but its too precious right now.

Seeing that the road ahead was full of zombies too, Amber maneuvered to the right with Krystal now trailing behind her. Theyre safe as long as they could avoid being trapped by a whole lot of herd of zombies.

 

 


 

Yuri's ears percked up as she heard engines revving not far from where they are. It had been long since the herd had passed and left their surrounding silent and peaceful again. She nudged Taeyeon and both of them stood up, alarming the three girls who already fell asleep over each other's shoulders.

"What's wrong babe?" Tiffany asked worriedly, seeing that her girlfriend looked so tense.

"Tae?" Jessica called out.

"What happening guys?" Dara asked.

Guns at ready, pointing at the truck's door as they heard it clunked from outside, someone's opening it and they dont know if its a zombie, Amber or someone else.

Tiffany, Jessica and Dara stood and and panickingly almost jump to Taeyeon ad Yuri's back, griping their shirts tightly as the sounds of clunkin metal was getting louder and faster.. The door slightly squeaked as it was being pulled by whoever it is outside the truck.

The tanned girl and the short girl beside her cocked their gun and put a firm grip on the handle as they readied their finger on the trigger. One wrong face to popped out from that door and its dead. Thats exactly what Taeyeon and Yuri both had in mind.

"Woah guys. Chill its just me.." Amber said, hands raised on both sides of her head with Krystal and Jeno's head popped beside her.

"Damn it Amber.. We couldve killed you mother er." Yuri exclaimed as she put down the gun.

"You know, there's no need to curse at me." Amber said smilingly.

"You couldve called us out you know." Taeyeon said, running her hand through her hair. 

Jessica ran to her sister's arm and hugged her. "Ohh God youre alive Krys.. Youre alive." 

Krystal knew she made Jessica worried, carressing her sister's back she uttered a "Sorry."

"Lets go. We've got no time left.. We need to fill up the truck and head south." Amber said openg the trunk of the car they took from the town.

"South? What happened to Yongsan?" Krystal asked, her sister still in her arms.

"Theyre leaving in an hour, we wont make it, so we're going south. To Gyoensangnam-do."