Keep you safe

Against All Odds

".."

Everyone who was sleeping suddenly woke up as they felt the truck suddenly wobbled before it came to stop. Theyre halfway near TaeBaek-so and had been driving non-stop, only to pull over when its needed to gather some gas from abandoned cars or when they need to get some supplies from houses they passed along, so when the truck suddenly stopped in the middle of their sleep, not to mention it wobbled, it immediately alerted them.

"What's wrong?" Taeyeon asked at her brother at the driving seat. She covered her eyes as light was blinding her. "Oppa, what's going on?" She squinted her eyes but the light was preventing her to see anything. She felt a hand gripped on her and she need not to look to know it was Jessica.

"Get out.. Out." Voices were heard as soon as Kibum opened the door. "Open it.." The commottion from outside had caused fear to everyone, not being able to understand what's going on till the door was opened and guns were pointed at their heads. Jeno and Krystal immediately covered Amber with a pancho and hid him under the seat. Sam became Dara's shield. Yuri pulled Tiffany behind her and Taeyeon tried to follow her brother as one of the unknown men pulled him away from the door.

"What the heck is going on here?" Eric asked as they were ushered out of the truck with force. 

"Dont you ing touch my girlfriend." Yuri bellowed when one guy was about to pull Tiffany away from her.

"Im sure we can talk things out. You can have the truck and our guns just dont hurt us." Taeyeon calmly said squeezing Jessica hands on hers.

"Just dont hurt the girls, please." Kibum seconded. Taeyeon noticed her brother's bleeding lips. He mustve tried to stop the men when he went out of the truck earlier, she thought.

Their guns were taken from them and even made them put their hands on top of their heads.

"Didnt you hear what I said? Hands on your ing heads." But Krystal and Jeno didnt move, they remained still and it made one of the guys to go closer to them..

"They have something.." one of the men yelled as he saw the suitcase in Jeno's posession.

"Give it here."

"No.." Jeno firmly said and a punch landed on his face.

"He's only 13 for god's sake.." Krystal yelled out but the gunman doesnt even care and when Jeno refused to give him the suitcase, another punch landed on his stomach, making him wince in pain but still not letting go of the suitcase.

"Thats enough.. Didnt you hear what the girl said? He's only 13." An old man said, stepping in font of them. Must be the leader, everyone thought, seeing how the man who punched Jeno took some steps back.

"What else do you want from us? You already got our guns, you can have the truck too, let us all go." Sam said, the last thing he wants to happen is get themselves killed for nothing.

"What's inside the suitcase?"

"There's nothing inside it, so let us go." Eric answered.

"Your boy wouldnt take punches if its nothing.. Tell me what's inside now, or you'll all die."

No one answered. They were all thinking the same thing, the suitcase is more important than their lives at this rate and they cant just hand it to someone, specially not to someone whose guns are pointed directly at their heads.

"Youre at a disadvantage here, dont you think? I could just kill all of you and ran with the suitcase or you could just tell me what it is that youre trying to protect with your own lives and who knows, I migth just let you go." The man pointed out Krystal and her member's situation but still, no one wanted to answer but everyone knew that each of them already wants to tell the leader about the cure inside the suitcase to spare their lives.

"They have one more member here sir.." All their atention turned to the truck..

"Bring him out."

Krystal and Jeno looked at each other knowingly, fear and worry was written both on their faces as one of the gunmen pushed Amber out of the truck. "They got him all tied up and they even covered him.." The gunman trailed off as he took the pancho off Amber.. " a zombie.." The gunman took a step back once he saw Amber's face free from the mask and fired his gun.

The sound of the gunfire echoed so loudly then Jessica's horrified scream followed, "No.. No.. no.."

Kibum had his jaw locked. Taeyeon doesnt know if she should let go of Jessica's hand or should she pulled her girlfriend in her arms. Dara started crying in Sam's shoulders. Eric just jumped on the man who fired his gun and punched him countless of time before two men pulled him off him. Jeno tightened his grip on the suitcase and Yuri covered Tiffany's eyes.

Krystal had her arms around Amber. She smiled as she stared at her girlfriend's dead eyes then she whispered, "I'll keep you safe." 


Krystal just took a bullet for Amber..