Guinea Pig

Against All Odds

"Run.. Run.." Amber yelled to them, they were heading up on top of a mountain hill where the helicopter was flying atop of it. The flying vehicle had attracted a lot of zombies that gave out Amber and her group's whereabouts and now zombies were all on the run for them.

Firing with no definite direction, Amber and her gang tried to kill as much as they can but the number of zombies were greatly increasing and some where already coming from their sides as well as their front.

"Come on move your ing butts people." Yuri yelled, firing her gun to zombies thats coming near her.

Jessica, Tiffany and Dara was surrounded by Sam, Taeyeon and Eric, protecting them even though theyre good now with their firing skills.

Amber is holding Krystal's hands pulling her along, both has their guns in hand, killing every zombies thatruns for them. Jeno was infront of them with two guns in his possessions.

"Die you mother ers." Yuri yelled as she pulled the grenade's pin and threw it far behind them. It exploded and all of them felt a little bit thrown forward but all kept their phase, running towards the hellicopter.

"Amber.. Amber. Help me.." The soldier looked around for her girlfriend who she had lost her gripped on her hand.

"Ohh no you dont." Amber said as she pushed the zombie away from her girlfriend. "Run baby.. Run.."

"Ohh .." Amber cursed when one of the zombie got a hold of her. "."

One loud gunfire and the zombie fell atop Amber, she imeediately pushed herself up and run after the group. She saw her comrades waiting from below the helicopter, helping them get rid of the zombies on their tail.

"Corporal Liu."

"Pfc Choiza."

"Youre one hell of a lucky bastard." Amber looked up and saw Seargant Kim being reunited with his sister, huging Taeyeon so tight yet his gaze was fixated on her.

"Nice to see you too sir."

"Okay, reunion's done. Now lets move out."

The helicopterlowered itself for them to be able to hop in and once everyone was safely nesting inside, the helicopters headed back to its camp.

 

 


 

 

"She's infected." One of the camp's medical scientist who's holding a mechanical ear with which they can identify who's infected or not. Everyone was negative till it was Amber's turn that the green light had become red with a beeping sound that indicates she's indeed infected.

Krystal's face went pale and everyone was in shock, specially Jeno.

"What? How.. how on earth can she be infected? She has no bites. No scratches..No.." Krystl trailed off when her girfriend raised her left arm and folded her longsleeves, a red and fresly bitten wound was on it.

"But how.. when?" Krystal asked and her eyes suddenly teared up when she realized..It was the only time.. It was when she had save her.. "Am.."

All the soldiers raised their gun on Amber.

"Im sorry but we need to exterminate all infected humans." The highest ranking soldier said. Amber saw Sargeant Kim wants to say something but it was Pfc Choiza who backed her up.

"Thats no fair. She gave us the cure. How can you just kelli her like this?"

"Correction, its just a possible cure, nothin's definites unless its tested and had positive results." One of the medical soldiers said.

"But its the best shot we got so far. Where did all your humanity had gone to people?"

"Its okay Buddy."

"No its not Amber.." Krystal said, shielding her girlfriend. "We gave them something that can be the cure and theyre going to repay us by killing you? Hell I wont let that happen."

"Im sorry miss, but there's noting we can do. Please move away from the target." One of the soldier said.

"Wait."

"No Jeno." Amber said, shaking her head at him. "No."

"She isnt the only one." Jeno said walking front of Amber and lifted his shirt up. "Ive been bitten since day and I havent turned till now, mines worst than her but your useless machinedidnt work on me. So how can you all be sure that she's infected and Im not?" 

Everyone fell in silence, everyone except Sam "So all along, the reason why you never took the Jacket off was to hide your wound, what the ?"

"The kid is right." Al heads turned to the man who spoke.

"Mr. President." They all gave hima salute and the rest bowed to him as a sign of respect.

"The fact that the machine gave different result with two wounded people is indeed questionable, or it could just be broken. Try with the boy again, this time use another machine." And they did, doing the same procedure but end up having the same result.

"Okay, thats just two machines we used, obviously its not broken, so the question is why they have two different results." The country's president asked the chief scientist who answered, "Best guess sir is, this boy may have been immune with the virus. Thats the only thing I could think of sir."

The President walked towards Amber, along with its officials, "I appreciate the effort Corporal and thank you," Amber took The President's hand for a shook while all soldiers cocked their guns. "We've had enough violence around here, so stand down, lets not scare our heroe saway, shall we?" The presidents said, while motioning his hands, telling the soldiers to lower their guns which they did. "Thank you Corporal fro bringing us the cure, although we need further testing, but the hope that it gave us is worth the chance. What do you say, our medical team here would want to subject you for further examination if you and your friend here is indeed infected or not, and maybe who knows, we could come up with the cure right away."

"With all due respect sir, are you asking us to be your guinea pigs?"  Amber asked and a nod was her answer.

"Amber dont say yes, please." Krystal said, cupping her girfriend's cheeks. "Baby please, No." Krystal could see determination in Amber's eyes.

"Its okay, Krys, As long as it'll give me back to you, I wouldnt mind under going some -hurt examinations. Amber then looked at Jeno. "Up for it Kiddo?"

 "It sounds crazy, but as long as it can cure us, then count me in." Amber looked at the president who anticipates her answer.

"Looks like we're not be leaving the testing lab for quite sometime Jeno." The youngest boy nodded his head. Altough he doesnt ike the idea being tested but he cant do much, Amber's life is at stake here, its either they die by  turning into zombies or by the hands of the soldiers who's supposed to be protecting them.