Missing you

Against All Odds

After three days of staying in bed, Krystal had finally got a clearance from her sister to go out and see Amber. Her wound isnt completely healed but it doesnt hurt anymore so as long as she dont force herself too much, Jessica wont drag her back to her bed.. Her sister was still worried about her though, but Krystal assured her that she wont do something that can open her wound again. Taeyeon had also gave her some pain relievers just in case it hurt out of the blue.

Dara was so happy to see her bestfriend again and had insisted to walk Krystal to where Amber and Jeno is but Krystal knew better since Taeyeon already informed her that Sam was one of those who guards their locked up members.

Krystal rolled her eyes as soon as Dara excused herself and started being lovey dovey to Sam who had been teased by the other guards there.

A tap on her shoulder caught her attention, turning around and facing a taller man who looks so hesistant to meet her gaze.

"Hey, I just want to say Sorry for ahmmm... firing at you... If you hadnt jumped..then maybe.. ahmmpp agafdhadhsdj.." The tall man winced in pain, comically fell on his knees while holding his private part in between his legs..

"Minhyuk.. Minhyuk.. Are you okay?" One of the guards who ran to them asked, holding the man in pain by his shoulder who shook his head immensely, biting his lip while his eyes shut closed. "No.. I am not okay... Damn it.."

"Apology now accepted." Krystal walked ahead without looking back. Dara followed her and worriedly asked, "Are you okay?" seeing Krystal's contorted face.

"My back hurts a bit. Kicking that took so much of me."

"Thats so bellow the belt though." And the two bestfriends laughed hysterically at the implication. "That man deserved it though, imagaine if Amber got shot."

"Ohh I'll bore a hole on his head if he did."

"You and your hatred for men."

"I dont hate men.. I just.. Theyre so stupid sometimes."

"Not my Sammy though."

"Ohh you should really hear yourself months ago. Where did the old Dara gone to?"

"Well, she fell in love."

Krystal rolled her eyes but laughed anyway. "Is it me or its love season?"

"Hah, you should hear yourself a year ago.. You were like this too with Amber, maybe more. Everyday is love season for you." Krystal smiled bitterly. Yeah, she was and she still am, but now.. its a little bit different. Dont get her wrong, she still loves Amber so much.. and nothing can change that.. just that she.. she wants her Amber back.

"Im sorry." Dara's eyes were apologetic and Krystal smiled at her reassuring that none of what she said could possibly hurt her.

"What can I say, Ive got a hero for a girlfriend." And with that Dara smiled as well but still sympathetically squeezed her bestfriend's shoulder.

Sam caught their attention who put an arm around Dara's shoulder and walked them inside the house where they kept Jeno and Amber locked up together.

The place seems safe, Krystal thought to herself once she was out of the room where she was bed-ridden for days. All she know was that it was a small part of the village where Leetuk took refuge along his family and then soon their numbers grew after saving more of the living people they see on the streets. The place were greatly fenced outstretched to two to three blocks if Krystal was right, twelve to fifteen houses maximum.

Come to think of it, this was the second place where Krystal felt a bit more at ease, safe.. after Taeyeon's and Yuri's place that is. 

She felt a stung on her chest as she remembered her parents. "It wouldve been nice if they were here." She realized she spoke out her thoughts when Dara turned to her and mirror the same look in her eyes, regret and hope.

"It wouldve been really nice if our families survived."

"Yeah.." And its now Krystal's turn to squeeze Dara's shoulder in sympathy.

"Well, we better make sure this new family we have will." Sam butted in, taking Dara's hand in his.

"Geez, I think I need some panadol too, you guys gives me headache." Krystal shook her head, smiling at her blushing bestfriend and her boyfriend.

At the same time, Kibum went out of the house and immediately went to Krystal's side, worriedly looked at her and before he could ask if she's okay, Krystal already dismissed him by saying, "Just keep these two away from me from now on, too much sweetness is bad for me. Im actually diabetic." Krystal laughed and walked ahead, Kibum ave the couple a teasing wiggle of his brows before following Krystal inside the house.

"How is she?" Krystal asked as they traverse the stairs to the second floor. "Same. Still handsome as before,only paler." Thats actually what Krystal was sort of thankful about, even after Amber turned, she doesnt look scary and she still looks the same only her skin color had paled and that her eyes has no glow anymore.

Kibum opened the door where Krystal saw Jeno who immediately came towards her and hugged her. "How are you Jeno?" She asked cupping the kid's cheek.

"Im okay? And you?"

Krystal smiled. "Im okay, as long as Amber is." And turned to her girlfriend strapped by the bed.

"Ive imagined you like this, but not really like this you know.." Krystal said once she was beside the bed and caressed Amber's cold cheeks.

"Yah, Noona, I dont need to hear that you know." Jeno made a cute embarrassing look on his face as she covered his ears. Kibum pulled him and lead him out of the room, leaving Krystal alone with Amber.

"Baby, come back to me soon, okay? Im missing you so much already." Krystal fought back the sob that was threatening to come out, her eyes now tearing up as she held Amber's hand who held her tightly in return. The turned soldier struggled on her straps, as she tried to move, her hunger growing by the second.

"I miss your smile, your stare.. your laugh.. I miss your kisses too.. your hugs as well.. I miss you Amber... I miss you so much." Krystal finally let her tears fall, her sobs echoed through the room's walls.

"I miss you, please come back to me soon...."