Once in a while

Against All Odds

"Baby.. Stay close.." I told Krystal, reaching out for her hand while my other hand was tightly gripped onto the gun as we came near the town, I could see few eaters walking around. "Jeno, eyes out. Move as quitely as you can okay?" Jeno only nodded.

"Hold this" I handed my gun to Krystal and took out mt knife. There's more or less ten zombies on the street, if we're lucky, we could just walk across it without attracting too much attention if we wont use any guns.

"Im oing in, stay here."

"But Amber.."

"Watch my back baby, and try not to fire at me, okay?" I kissed her before I moved around the bush where we were hiding.

I moved a squickly and quitely as I can, striking and stabbing each eater's head as I came nearer to an open car. Luckily, it has a key probably the owner tied to escape using the car but failed, the blood stain on the passenger seat is the proof.

I waved at them and motioned them to come. They walked slowly and quietly, ducking their heads when I tell them to.

"Go inside the car, both of you. Im going to take that one there."I said, pointing in the nearest car just two houses away from where we're standing. "See those gallons? We could use that to get some gas, there's a gas station, should be at that right turn." I said, the two of them followed where my finger pointed at and both nodded.

"Baby, now I need you to go drive back at the truck, and stay there till I come back, I know youre not good at driving but please drive carefully, I want you to reach the truck safely."

"But Amber.. I wont leave you here alone if thats what you want."

"Can you try to listen to me just once?"

"Hyung.. She wont do whatever you say, you know that right? She's stubborn so lets just get over with this quick, we will follow you once you drive off." Jeno said getting inside the car and Krystal followed. "I'll cover you from behind." Jeno rolled the window down and raised his gun.

I nodded and went over with my plan. Zombies have heard my steps and have turned their heads at me. I could hear their misserable grunts over a food they badly wanted to eat, and thats me. 

"Oh .." I cursed as they closed in, more and more zombies came out of no where. I manage to take two of the gallons lying on the ground and swung it over the eater's heads that blocked my way.

I have successfully reached the car and as I closed the door,one zombie was trying to pull it open.. "Get off.. Get off.." I muttered as I keep on having a tag of war battle with those zombie and having the window halfway open, another zombie came and tried to grasp a hold of my head. I could see the desperation on those dead eyes, the grunts and those growls with their teeth exposed for me to see how badly they wanted to have a bite of me..

Two gun shots and my face was covered with blood, or what I think it is.. Its cold and nothing that looked like blood and the smell god, its like a rotting egg that someone hid along with those deteriorating rats and other disgusting rotting food. Its unbearable and it makes me want to throw up.

I turned my head around and saw Jeno nodded his head before closing the window. There's quite a number of zombies surrounding the car and I gave them a signal to drive ahead of me which Krystal understood. Reving the car, they took off with me trailing behind them.

 


 

"You think they'll make it?" Tiffany asked. The trio have been gone for almost two hours now and havent showed up since they left.

"Ofcourse." Jessica confidently answered.

"Amber wont let anything happened to them. She's a fighter." Dara seconded.

"Its good that your sister's girldfriend is in the army or else we couldnt have survived the first two steps from the apartment." Yuri commented with which Jessica nodded. She was very thankful of Amber actually. The short haired girld couldve just fled when all this started, she couldve saved herself from the beginning and she couldve stayed back at their camp for the rescue to come yet she risked her life to get to Krystal and saved them and now taking care of a group, Jessica knew it was a hard task and a big responsibility and shes thankful that Amber never showed a sign that she's getting tired of them and instead showed them how much the soldier wanted to keep them alive.

"Krystal is lucky to have Amber alright." It was what Jessica was about to say but Taeyeon beat her to it.

"Dont worry Midget, you got older Jung by yourside, she'll keep you safe." Yuri said, playfully carressing her friend's cheeks.

"Yah, Kwon Yuri."

"Geez, I was just joking Taeyeon.." Yuri said rubbing her head which Taeyeon had just given a full blown smack.

"I hope theyre okay... What was that?" Dara and the rest stood up and tried to peek at the small window.

"Something exploded.. and it looks like its in the town where.."

"Krystal.." Worry was evident in Jessica's voice. Herlittle sister is the only family she had and she wont forgive erself if something bad happened to her. "We need to go there.." She was about to go to the door but a hand stopped her.

"Sica..." It was Taeyeon, shaking her head at her. "No, Amber said stay here and not do something stupid and thats exactly what we're going to do. We will stay here and wait for them even if it takes forever.."

"But Tae.. Krystal could be in danger.."

"Just trust Amber.. I think you know her long enough than me to know that she wont let anything bad happen to your sister right?"

That knocked some sense in Jessica's brain so she nodded and let Taeyeon pull her into a hug and eased her worriness away as the shorter girl carressed her back. She's so warm. Jessica thought and thenext thing happened was she got lost with Taeyeon's scent and hugged back. They stayed liked that for god knows how long till Yuri's oice brought them back to reality.

"Can you guys sit down and continue being lovey dovey on the floor instead of displaying yourselves for us to look at?" 

"Very funny Kwon." Tayeon said, fixing herself and shyly sat herself next to her friend pulling a slightly embarrassed Jessica Jung next to her.

"Thanks Midget." Yuri said giving thema thumbs up.
"Dont mind her Jess.. You know how Yuri can be such an annoying teaser sometimes. She's just happy that Taeyeon's happy."

"Yah Tiffany.." Shaking her head Taeyeon played with her hair with her other free hand wile the other intertwined itself onto Jessica's that made the latter's head turned with surprise. "Cut it you two, lets not make things awkward, okay?" 

"Yeah.. Yeah.. Whatever you say Midget.." Yuri chimed. Dar just watched in amazement, somehow being in the group made her feel that there's still some reasons to smile and be happy even once in a while..