Fourty-Seven.

Kris The Great and Powerful, Ugly Ahra.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING! LONG CHAPTER!

 

“Mom, can I ask you something?” Kris directly asked when he heard Mrs. Wu's voice over the phone.

 

“Yes, son?"

 

“Mom, does true love exist?”

 

Mrs Wu chuckles when she heard that. She never thought that her son would ask something like this with a serious tone. “Why are you asking?”

 

“No reason...”

 

Mrs. Wu chuckles again. She could sense something from his question. “Son, don't tell me you're falling in love with Ahra?! After married for almost 7 years  and only now you realize that?! Stupid son.”

 

“Mom, please. I didn't call you to hear that. I've heard that a lot already.” Kris said almost whining.

 

“I was just joking." Mrs Wu laughs a bit. "But I'm glad that you finally realized it. How about Ahra?”

 

“I don't know..What do you think Mom? Has she ever told if you she loves me?”

 

“No. But she always cares about you more than anything.”

 

“What makes you so sure?” Kris asked seriously.

 

“Wu YiFan, you never called her when she was in China but every time I called, she would always ask about you. She cares about you a lot. People dont simply care about other people unless It's out of love.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Son, you're asking me if true love exist? Try to remember the first time you met her. Remember what you told her? And what did she tell you? WuYiFan, sometimes, we don't have to say it out loud to show someone that we love him or her. Sometimes when we care about that certain someone so badly, it prooves that we love that person. Action speaks louder than words.”

 

'Action speaks loder than words.' Really Mom?

 

 

*

 

Kris was standing alone in front of the house, still crying. He was just trying to make friends but the other boys look at him weirdly and one of the boys suddenly pushed him hard until he fell on the ground.  They left him alone and he cried. He stands up and watches them walk away and playing among themselves. He cried even louder until suddenly a girl appeared in front of him. He understands what they girl was saying. But he can't explain it in that girl's language so he speaks in Chinese explaining to the girl hoping that she would understand him. The girl doesn't seem to understand him but she smiles at him before speaking something in Korean again.

 

"You are Kris, right? I am Ahra. Why are you crying?"

 

When she asked that Kris realized that she doesn't understand what he just told her. He tried to remember a few Korean sentences his mother taught him. "Friend...No.." He said and even pointed at the boys direction.

 

She look at the direction Kris was pointing."They dont wanna play with you?" She asked in Korean.

 

Kris understood her so he nods feeling thankful at the same time that she finally understands him.

 

"It's okay Kris. I am here for you. I'll stay with you." Ahra said with a smile.

 

When she smiles again Kris thought that he might be seeing an angel.He might be seven years old but he thought that the girl in front of him is something that he should treasure. He look at Ahra and wipes his tears. 

 

"Xie xie ni!"

 

Kris thanked her not only because she comforted him but he also feels so thankful for meeting her. Kris then spread his arms and hugged her tightly. She was surprised at first but then she hugged him back too.

 

"Wo ai ni." Kris said to Ahra's ears.

 

Ahra look at Kris. She doesn't understand him but she just nods and smiles again. When she smiles, Kris can see sunshine. He smiles back to Ahra while telling himself that he must not let go of this girl no matter what.

 

"Don't worry Kris. I will take care of you the rest of my life!"

 

 

*

 

"Ahra I miss you!"

   

"Oh, Suho! I miss you too."

 

Ahra was doing the laundry when she heard her phone ringing. She answered the phone without looking at the caller ID. But when she heard the voice over the phone, a big smile immediately appeared on her face.

 

"It feels like we haven't meet for years! Haha. How are you?" Suho asked.

 

"I'm fine thank you."

 

"Hey, I heard you fell sick the past couple days. Are you feeling better now?"

 

Ahra wonders how did Suho know about it. "Yeah, I am alright now thanks to Kris."

 

"Kris?" Suho pretended to be so surprised. "Wow? I am impressed. But wait, is there something I should know Ahra? I mean as far as I remember, Kris never...." Suho tried to lure his bait hoping that Ahra would tell him anything.

 

"I know right?" Ahra feel relieved because someone finally have the same thought as her without knowing that Suho had already knew about Kris' changes. "Do you know anything Suho? I mean, he has been acting strange these past few days. It's not like him at all. He is just...weird."

 

"What do you mean by weird?"

 

"He...treats me nicely and spends more time at home." Ahra claimed.

 

"And...what's so bad about it?"

 

"Well, he never did that in the past so it feels so weird to me."

 

"Well, I dont think it's weird. A husband must treat his wife well and must spend more time with his family." Suho tried to encourage Ahra. He knows Kris is trying but at the same time he wants Ahra to realize that she should try to live a normal life too.

 

"But.." Ahra hesitated. "That's works only for a normal family, Suho. Our family is not normal. I mean..."

 

"Ahra, dont you think it's time for you to have a normal family now? For you, Kevin and Kris to be happy like any other family?"

 

"But Kris suddenly..." Ahra still wanted to point it out how Kris had suddenly changed.

 

"Ahra, don't doubt him. Maybe all this while he has been keeping to himself about how he actually feels for you. Maybe all this time, you 're the the love of his life.." Suho still does not give up encouraging Ahra.

 

"But...why me?"

 

"Go ask him! I am not the one who should be answering this!"

 

"But I can sense that you and the whole Exo know what is actually happening to Kris and he probably told you guys something! Tell me now!"

 

Oh God. Just when I thought we could hide things from her. Why is her intuitions always right?! 

 

Suho mentally cursed. He desperately tried to find an escape rope. "Err.... wait, what Chen? Oh, okay!" "Ahra, I've got to go now. I have an appoinment with my client now. Bye!" Suho quickly ends up the phone call and released a sigh of relief.

 

"Yah! Suho!!" Ahra was about to stop Suho because she knows Suho was just making excuses but Suho was too fast because he immediately ended the phone call.

 

Ahra sighs and stares at her phone screen. She decided not to call Suho back but she is sure that Exo know something. Ahra puts her handphone away and continues her work. She was about to arrange the pile of clothes when suddenly Kris enters the room.

 

"Hah! I think I heard you talking to someone. Who called you?! Are you cheating on me?!" Kris pointed Ahra with his index finger.

 

"Aishh.." Ahra pushed Kris fingers away. "It is just Suho." Ahra said while going through the dirty clothes and putting them inside the washing machine.

 

Kris raises his brows. "Just Suho? Uhmm, I still feel uneasy. Why did he call you?"

 

"Why would you feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter