Fourty-Four.

Kris The Great and Powerful, Ugly Ahra.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris speeds up his car to the max. He feels so worried at the moment. His mind is somewhere else. He just cant think straight anymore. He was in the middle of the important meeting with his important client when he received a phone call from home. At first he feels weird since Ahra never called him when he is at work. No, Ahra never calls his phone anyway. But then he realized that it could be an emergency since it's odd. He picked up the phone only to hear Kevin's voice almost crying at that time.

 

“Daddy....... please come back home. Mommy is sick...”

 

Kris didn't wait any longer when he heard that and dashed off from the meeting and went straight to the parking lot to get his car back then. And now, he just wish he could get home faster before anything happened. He just can't believe that he actually feel so worried right now. There is something about him, about Ahra and about Kevin that makes him feel so different these days. Maybe Exo's word have changed him? Maybe.

 

 

*

 

 

“Kevin! Ahra!”Kris shouted as he rushes into the house.

 

“Daddy!” Kevin runs toward Kris.

 

“Kevin, where is Mommy?” Kris immediately asked Kevin.

 

Kevin tugged Kris' shirt and lead him to the living room without saying anything. Kris then saw Ahra lying on the couch looking so helpless. He walks closer to Ahra.

 

“Ahra, what happened?” Kris gently touched her shoulder.

 

“Oh, Kris. It's nothing. I am just tired.” Ahra said while her eyes still closed.

 

“Tired?!" Kris moves his hand and touched Ahra's forehead. "Your temperature is high Ahra.”

 

“I'm fine." Ahra slowly pushed his hand away from her. "I just need to sleep. I'll cook dinner later on.”

 

“No. You're sick."

 

Why would you care, Kris Wu..?

 

Ahra wanted to say that but she doesn't even have the energy to open to say even a word. She just ignored Kris and wanted to sleep but suddenly she felt her body is being lifted. She slightly opened her eyes. Kris bends down to lift Ahra and carries her princess style to her room. Ahra wanted to protest but again, she doesn't have any energy left for that. Kris slowly puts her down on her bed and her hair after taking a seat on the bed next to her.

 

“Daddy.. will Mommy be okay?” Kevin who silently followed Kris from behind finally speaks out.

 

“She will be okay. Don't worry. I'll make sure that.” Kris said to Kevin giving his word.

 

“Promise?” Kevin asked.

 

“Yes, i promise. Now be a good boy and look after Mommy while I go find some medicine downstairs.”

 

“Okay Daddy.”

 

*

 

"Hello, Kris."

 

Kris let out a silent sigh. He actually didn't intend to pick up this phone call but the phone keeps ringing non stop that he got annoyed with it. Just looking at the caller ID on the screen annoyed the hell out of him.

 

"Kris, are you there?"

 

"Yes, Hyorin. Why?"

 

"Why did you leave the meeting? You know it is important for my dad's company and your company Kris. This collaboration is so important." Hyorin nagged.

 

"Luhan and Xiumin are there. They can handle everything. I believe in them. They will update me tomorrow." Kris said.

 

"But it is not the same, Kris. You are the CEO. What's so important than this important meeting to you, Kris? I thought.."

 

"My family, Hyorin." Kris cut Hyorin's word. "My family is the most important thing to me now, H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter