Three.

Kris The Great and Powerful, Ugly Ahra.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ahra had her dinner an hour ago alone. She decided to watch her favourite drama on tv. It’s already 9.30pm. Kris doesn’t usually get home early. After school he usually spends his time with Exo M playing basketball, or loitering around the mall or whatever he can to kill his time. He won't be at home most of the time. And Ahra doesn’t really mind that. But what she knew is she has to cook dinner because Kris would certainly eat his  dinner at home.

Ahra usually finishes her homework before having dinner. As expected, Ahra knew that Kris has not even the slightest intention to do the extra homework given by Miss Han. So Ahra did the 3 pages essay by herself. If she waits for Kris, she might have to sleep around 1am. She wrote the essay alone so she could maintain her good grades.

Ahra heard the door clicking. She knows it is Kris. But she didn’t bother. She keeps on watching the drama on the television.

“I’m back! I am so hungry! What’s for dinner?”

The kitchen is the first place Kris went after entering the house. Ahra didn’t bother to answer him but she picked up all the things that Kris throwed on his way to the kitchen. His dirty socks. His sweaty school uniforms even his bag. She nagged to Kris but it seems like she is just talking herself.

“Ahra-ya! Yah Wu Ahra!”

Ahra heard Kris' voice calling out her names. It has become a habit to Kris to call her Wu Ahra since his parents has always insisted although Ahra feels more comfortable with her own surname, Yoo.

“What?” Ahra asked Kris as she enters the kitchen.

Ahra almost cursed seeing Kris' big mess within minutes he was in the kitchen. Just now the kitchen was sparkling clean and Kris was happily making a mess on his trail.

“asdfghjfghjmnngfdfghjk?” Kris talks with his mouth full. Then he coughed. He just choked himself.

Ahra rushed to pour the plain water in the glass and gives it to Kris. She tapped Kris back slowly. Kris drank the water immediately.

“Do you want me to die?” Kris said in between the coughs after calming down.

“Hey! It is not like I am the one who were talking with my mouth full of food.” Ahra pushed Kris a bit. Kris glares at her.

Maybe I should just let you choke to death just now.

“Have you done your research?” Kris asked.

“What research?” Ahra was confused.

“I knew it. You didn’t do the research. Ugh. I should have insisted to change my partner at Miss Han. I knew you are going to give me trouble. Look at you, you couldn't even remember about the homework given. How could we work together if you—”

Ahra got irritated. She left Kris alone in the kitchen without letting him finishing his words.

“Ya, Ahra. I am talking to you. How dare you leaving just like that.”

Kris stands up from his seat and to look for Ahra only to find her sitting on the couch watching the tv.

“This is your major problem Ahra. You never listen to me. You just do whatever you want. It was a simple task from Miss Han and yet you don't even bother to do it. What if I fail the subject because of you? Mom and dad is going to blame me and not you. They always have your back. But they don’t know the truth. Why Ahra? Why cant you just listen to my simple instructions?!” Kris raised his voice.

Ahra doesn’t even budge a bit. He came home late and started throwing accusations. He never said anything about completing Miss Han's extra homework and he came home just to nag at her. It is getting on to Ahra’s nerves but she is still keeping her calm.

Meanwhile Kris got annoyed at Ahra ignoring his words. She was focusing herself to the tv. Kris grabbed the remote control and smashed it on the floor after switching off the tv.

“What is your problem Wu Yifan?!” Ahra is fuming.

“You! My problem is you! Why didn’t you do some research for Miss Han's extra homework?! You should have known that she wants it sharp at 8 tomorrow!”

“Did I ever said that I didn’t do it, huh?!” Ahra yelled.

Kris was taken aback.

“First of all it was you. You!” Ahra pointed at Kris. “You are the one who was inviting trouble. You had too much complaints so she gave YOU extra homework and consequently dragging me along. And you only think about YOURSELF! If you really are worried about your grades why didn't you come back early so we can finish the homework?! You were mad because you are afraid that you couldn’t finish it on time! And I am not your slave to listen and follow everything you told me!”

With that, Ahra dashed off upstairs to her room. She takes out the completed essay that she has done hours ago. She walks down the stairs and throws the essay to Kris. He managed to grab it fast before the essay crumpled. Kris look at the essay and went through it only to find Ahra has everything done.

“Don’t treat me like a fool Kris.” Ahra said.

“I don’t know that you already finished it up. I thought we can do it together.” Kris stuttered.

“Together? I thought there is no together in your life dictionary when it comes to me and you.” Ahra spat.

“Hey Ahra.. don’t say that. We are friends.”

Yes, Kris has always mention friendship although they were already married. He never once mention about the topic of husband and wife.

“Friends?” Ahra chuckles. “Kris, a friend won't left a friend for new friends.”

“I didn’t le you. You know I don’t have any guy friends when we a little. Is it wrong for me to spend more time with my guy friends now?”

“Whatever Kris. Just so you know, you are not the same Kris I’ve met when I was seven. You’ve changed a lot.” Ahra simply said.

With that, Ahra left Kris alone in the living room and climbed the stairs to her bedroom. She locked the door. She keeps on breathing in and out to keep her calm. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter