Thirty-Seven.

Kris The Great and Powerful, Ugly Ahra.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris and Ahra sat inside the car for almost 15 minutes without saying anything. They both stared blankly at the parking lot. Hyorin's words kept playing inside Ahra's head. Ahra didn't even realize that she and Kris had been in the car at the parking lot for 15 minutes because of that. On the other side, Kris wanted to ask Ahra but he couldn't find the right words so he kept quiet.

 

He was actually very surprised when he saw Ahra came into the hall with Suho just now. He has to admit that Ahra looked very stunning but he just couldn't get over it when he saw many other guys were staring at Ahra from head to toe with some kind of inappropriate stare. He mentally cursed them in his head and mentally blamed Suho for bringing Ahra to this business function. He never told Ahra because he knew there would be no point bringing Ahra to this kind of function. Besides, it would be awkward for both of them if he suddenly ask Ahra to come with him. Sure his business partners knew he is married at young age but they never figured out who his wife is.

 

“Why did you agree to come here in the first place?” Kris finally broke the silence.

 

“Suho invited me to be his partner.” Ahra simply said.

 

“What did you and Hyorin talked about?” Kris asked without looking at Ahra.

 

“You wouldn't believe me even if I tell you, so there is no point telling you now.” Ahra answered Kris without looking at him.

 

Kris sighed. “Where did you get that dress?”

 

“They bought me.”

 

“Then you just wear whatever they give you?” Kris sounded pretty mad.

 

“What is wrong with you?”

 

“Can't you tell them that you don't wear something like this?!”

 

“What is your problem?”

 

“Can you just not wear anything above your knees Ahra?! Or anything that exposes your skin?!”

 

“What is wrong with you? My dress is a big problem to you now?!”

 

“Do you know how many people were staring at you back there?! And not to mention they are all men!”

 

“So what?! You are telling me that I shouldn't wear this because it doesn't suits me. Hyorin is much better, right?!”

 

“That's not my point!” Kris hit his steering. “Look at you! Ughh! Fine, wear whatever you like!” Kris pulled back his jacket that was on Ahra.

 

“She just embarrassed me in front of so many people and all you care about is my dress?!” Ahra said.

 

“Why did you to come in the first place?!”

 

“So I cant attend any function like this? Why? Because you are ashamed if people found out that I am your..your..” Ahra couldn't bring herself to say the word 'wife'. It's awkward to her. To think that she is finally have an argument with Kris after all these years also makes her feel awkward about it.

 

“Ahra, I...” Kris was speechless.

 

“It's okay Kris. You know what? It made me realize that everything began because of me. If my parents didn't die, we wouldn't get married. I would just stay as what I used to be without interfering your life. I would just stay ugly. Hyorin was so right. No matter how hard I tried, I will never be pretty and even if so, I just can't change anything.”

 

They were in silence after that. Kris did not give any response to Ahra, instead, he started his engine and drove his car from the parking lot and entered the road to get back to their house. Meanwhile, Ahra kept looking down. She tugged the hem of her dress and bit her lips. She just coulnd't take it anymore, she tought about how she had spent all these years with Kris. Ahra secretly dropped her tears on her cheeks without Kris realizing.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter