Prologue

Kris The Great and Powerful, Ugly Ahra.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The eight-year-old Ahra sat on the bench in front of her house and tied her shoelace perfectly. She checked her bag to make sure she has all the stuff she needed. She packed her own bag though she is just eight. Although she is the only child, her mother has taught her to be independent enough than other kids at her age.

“Ahra-ya.. don’t forget this. I’ll pack you some snacks that you can eat together later on.” Her mother passes her a bag full of her favourite snacks.

“I really love it mom! Thankyou! I love you!” Ahra kissed her mother's cheek.

“Wait here, I’ll get the car okay honey?”

“Okay mom.” She smiled at her mom.

Ahra carries her bag pack while holding her favourite doll in her right hand and sits on the bench like an obedient daughter.

“Ahra..”

Ahra looks at the direction of the voice. Kris, her neighbour. He just moved to Korea from China last year. Her dad and his dad are bestfriends in their university long time ago. His dad currently got a new job in Seoul so they move here. Kris is standing a few meters from her.

“WhyKris?” She asked diligently,

Her parents asked her to be friends with Kris and help to teach him Korean languange since they are of the same age. So their parents thought that they might get along very well and indeed they are getting along so well.

Kris moves closer to Ahra.

“Where are you going?” Kris asked.

“I am going to Seungah’s house. She has a new doll house! Latest collection!” Ahra can't hide her excitement. She talks in a very high-pitched voice.

Kris' face has turns gloomy and sad unknown to Ahra.

“Are you going for a long time?” Kris asked in broken Korean but enough for Ahra to understand.

“I am going to sleep at her house. I am going to spend the whole weekend at her house.”

Kris' face turn even sadder listening to Ahra’s answer. He doesn’t really understand what is Ahra is saying bu he understands that Ahra is going to leave him.

“Ahra.. can you please don’t leave me?”Kris begged.

“Why?” Ahra pouted.

“Because no one wanna play with me and if you leave me I have no friend to play with. Can you please stay?” Kris looks at Ahra with his sad eyes.

Ahra sighed. She feels sorry for Kris. She knows the fact that not many kids at their age wanna be friend or play with Kris just because he is not Korean and they thought that Kris speaks weirdly with his broken Korean. Ahra also knows the fact that she is the only friend Kris has after the others around their neighbourhood even at school isolated him.

“Uhm..okay, I’ll stay.”

“Really?” Kris brightened up.

“Only if you promised to play this doll with me.”

“Okay! Ahra! Promise me you wont leave me forever?”

“I promise, Kris.”

 

*

 

“Kris Wu! Wait for me will you?!” Ahra quickly put on her shoes.

“Faster! But you know only until the gate okay?”

“Yes yes.” Ahra said while trying to focus on her shoelaces.

“Faster Yoo Ahra! I’ll be late.” Kris urges Ahra.

“Wait! My glasses! Mom, can you please help me take my glasses on the dining table?” Ahra shouted from the front door.

Meanwhile in front of his gate, Kris who is waiting for Ahra saw his bunch of friends walking together towards him. He panicked for a moment afraid that his closest friends might find out.

“Hey Kris! Let’s walk to school together!” Lay shouted from far.

“Okay! Wait for a minute!” Kris quickly rushed inside Ahra’s gate.

“Sorry Kris, I am done now, let’s go.” Ahra said smiling showing off her pink braces around her teeth and put her big rounded glasses on her face.

“Ahra, we will not be going to school together today. My friends are already here suddenly and you know that they don’t know that we are neighbour so..”

“Fine, Kris. Go.” Ahra didn’t wait for Kris to finish up his line.

Kris turns his heel without saying anything to Ahra and he just left her alone there. Ahra keeps her silence and keeps standing still. She feels empty. She really did feel empty since they entered middle school.

Kris is slowly leaving her after he got some new friends. Well, his puberty has done it right to him since his face become more handsome and he is getting taller while Ahra? Well, let’s just say Ahra isn’t lucky enough. Pimples are uncontrollable on her face and her sights are slowly not working properly that forced her to use glasses. In addition, her parents made her wear braces although her teeth condition wasn’t that bad. To comfort herself, when Kris usually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter