The Truth

Confession Between Two

After School - Because Of You

-----------------------------------------

 

L.Joe appeared in front of your doorstep and pressed on the doorbell. It ranged but no one came to the door. He scratched his head and repeated, but still no one answered. 

 
"Weird" he thought and took out his phone. He dialed in your number. He placed his phone to his ear and it ranged a couple of times.
 
"Yeobeosayo?" you answered on the other line.
 
"Where are you? I'm at the front of your house" he looked up at your big house.
 
"Oh, I didn't know. I'm coming right down right now" you quickly hunged up.
 
L.Joe stared at his phone. [This chick..]. He shook his head.
 
You quickly got ready and ran down stairs to open the door for L.Joe. You walked out and saw L.Joe casually leaning up against the wall. He turned his head and saw you, he pulled himself off and walked over.
 
You clapped your hands together and lowered your head. "Mianhae oppa".
 
"I thought you already left for school" he said. He looked at your wrist and saw a bracelet. "What's this?" he touched the bracelet. You looked at what he was touching and your eyes widened. [I forgot to take this off]L.Joe continued to stare at it. "Is this from Jaybeom?" he asked. You nodded and then quickly took the bracelet off. You threw it inside and locked the front door. L.Joe was confused at why you threw it away.
 
"Why did you throw it like that?" he wondered. You shrugged your shoulders. "It doesn't mean anything to me now, so why would I care" you walked past him to his motorcycle.
 
He turned around asked, "did you and Jaybeom broke up?" he was shocked. You stopped walking and nodded your head. L.Joe widened his eyes. [Was it because of Janmi?]. He walked up to you. "Why?".
 
You let out a heavy sigh, "he didn't trust me. I'll tell you all about it later" you didn't want to think about it anymore. You turned around and smiled, "let's go to school" you wanted to change your mood. 
 
L.Joe nodded and walked over to his motorcycle. [Wonder why they broke up].
 
----------------
 
Both of you arrived in front of your school. You hopped off and took your helmet off. "Thanks oppa" you grinned.
 
"Now worries" he smiled back. He saw Jungmi walking in the far distance and his face fell. You looked at him and turned around to see where he was staring at. Your eyes widened at Jungmi and you quickly turned around.
 
"Was it because of her?" he asked. He knew by your actions just then that the answer would be yes. You slowly nodded your head and looked at the ground. "Cheer up!! She's always like that" he said.
 
You gave him a look. "Always like that?" you didn't know what he was saying. He sighed and told you the story of him and Mina when they were in high school. Your jaw dropped when you heard what Janmi did to L.Joe and Mina. You couldn't believe your ears. She did exactly the same thing to you.
 
"So that's how I know Janmi" he looked up at you. "What did she do to you?" he wanted to know. "Tell me Soohyo, I might be able to help. I'm your oppa remember" he reminded you. You sighed, "I wasn't expecting me to break up with him" you looked at the ground.
 
L.Joe took his helmet off. "Let's sit down" he parked his motorcycle and lead you to a bench. The two of you sat down and you placed your hands on your lap.
 
"I didn't know why but lately Jaybeom has been acting weird. You know for Christmas, I gave him new shoes and was hoping that he would wear it but up until now I haven't seen him wear it since" your expression became weak.
 
L.Joe patted your back. "That bastard!! I thought he would cherish your present" he frowned at the thought.
 
You continued, "also for his birthday, I brought him a couple key chain and still he would show it to anyone. Instead he wore Janmi's present" L.Joe's eyes widened wat what you just said. [He wore Janmi's present instead of your's?]. He wanted to punch Jaybeom in the face.
 
"And whenever I was with Zico he would always get jealous. I told him that we were just friends and nothing else but he wouldn't listen to me. To make matter worse, Janmi has been secretly taking pictures of me and Zico and sending them to Jaybeom.." you paused at the thought.
 
L.Joe stopped patting your back. He stared at the floor with furious eyes. "She did that to you?!" he couldn't believe it. You nodded. "I guess Jaybeom didn't trust my words. He trusted Janmi's words" you began to tear up.
 
"There there" L.Joe held you close. You started sniffle but didn't want your tears to come out. L.Joe pulled you back, "your strong Soohyo. Don't let her make you like this" he said.
 
You nodded, "I understand oppa" you gave him a slight smile. He smiled back and ruffled your hair. "Anyways, I should get going. Don't worry about her. She's an evil person" he gave you a reassuring smile and walked off.
 
You walked into the college and proceeded to your locker. You opened it and took out your books. You closed the door and turned around to see Jaybeom standing just metres away. You widened your eyes and looked away.
 
"Can we talk?" he wanted to solve the situation. You shook your head, "there's nothing for us to talk about" you said and walked past him. He grabbed your arm and made you stop in your tracks. "I'm sorry. I should of trusted you in the first place" he apologized.
 
You let out a light scoff. "It's too late for apologies" you twisted your arm to let go of his grip, but it was tight. "Let go" you demanded.
 
"Not until we sort this out" he said. You turned to give him a glare and then someone grabbed his arm, which was still holding onto yours. "Let go of her" the cold voice said.
 
You looked up and saw Zico. "Oppa" he was still glaring at Jaybeom. "You and her are over. So let go of her" he pulled his arm away and pulled you closer to him. Jaybeom stared at the him. "This isn't your business" he confidently stated.
 
"Soohyo doesn't want to talk to you, so don't bother her" he lead you away.
 
Jaybeom then shouted, "you're not going to hear my side of the story?!" you stopped. "You're just going to leave me like this?!".
 
Zico was growing furious. He sharply turned around and raged at Jaybeom. "DO YOU KNOW HOW SHE FELT?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES SHE CRIED OVER YOU?? DO YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON THAT IS HURTING? WHAT ABOUT SOOHYO? SHE'S HURTING JUST AS BAD ON THE INSIDE!!" 
 
You tried to calm Zico down. "Oppa, stop it. Don't worry about it" you were scared that he was going to hit Jaybeom. He didn't listen to you. "I remember when she told me how you didn't come to meet her on Valentine's Day. She waited for you in the snow but still you never showed up. She called and texted you but you neither picked up nor replied" Zico breathed in and out, "she was hurt and felt crushed. She had to endure the pain for how long? And when she saw you again, her heart was aching.." he remembered the time you told him your feelings.
 
You couldn't believe it, Zico remembered what you had told him. [He remembered what I told him. I thought he would of forgotten it by now]. You were surprised and stared at him.
 
Jaybeom looked at you and saw the way you were staring at Zico. His face fell. [There she goes, staring at him with those eyes]. "You really told him this?".
 
You snapped out of your daze and looked over at Jaybeom. You nodded. "I did. I told him how I felt when I saw you again and how you hurt me on Valentine's Day. He really understands me.." you looked at Zico again.
 
Jaybeom was wordless. "I-I..".
 
"Don't say you're sorry because like I said before.. it's too late" you looked away from him.
 
Zico took your hand, "so don't tell her that you are hurt and because you don't know what pain is!!" with that he turned around and lead you away.
 
Janmi was walking down the hallway when she saw you being lead away by Zico. She saw Jaybeom standing by himself and she wondered why. [What just happened? Why is Zico holding her hand? Why is Jaybeom just standing there letting that happen?]. She had millions of questions flowing into her head.
 
For some reason, the sight of Zico holding your hand really irritated her. She didn't know why but she was feeling a hint of jealousy. [Zico.. don't hold her hand]. She felt her heart and it was beating faster than usual.
 
-------------
 
Zico lead you to the courtyard and sat you down on the bench. He sat next to you and the two of you didn't talk.
 
You were wondering why he was defending you back then. The way he was shouting at Jaybeom really got you startled, but some how you liked the way he was being. "Why did you act like that before?" you asked him.
 
He looked at you and away nervously. To be honest he didn't know why but he studdenly just bursted like that. He patted the back of his neck, "about that.. I wasn't sure myself. I just wanted him to know how you felt and that his feelings now can't compare to your's" he answered.
 
You nodded your head, still not looking at him. "I see" silence once filled the air.
 
Zico started, "I'm sorry for telling him what you told me. I shouldn't of raged at him like that and spill what you said to me" he was feeling guilty.
 
You shook your head, "you don't have to be sorry, it wasn't your fault. I was just startled at why you said it but I wanted him to know anyways" you looked at him. "But I'm more surprised at how you remembered" you were some how glad and pleased that he remembered.
 
He looked at you. "Of course I'll remember it. I'm your listener, whenever you have a problem I will always be here by your side" he smiled at you. You smiled back.
 
Kyung and B-Bomb were walking out into the courtyard and stopped when they saw you and Zico sitting together. The two of you were talking casually and would occasionally smile at each other.
 
"How cute" Kyung said and smiled. B-Bomb nodded and crossed his arms. "I think they'll make a cute couple" he said. Kyung smiled, "I hope that it comes true" he wished.
 
The two of them looked at you two for a while and decided to head off to leave you two alone.
 
You stretched your arms. "For some reason I feel so free" you smiled.
 
"Of course you are. You don't have a boyfriend anymore so that's why your free" Zico chuckled. You laughed a long. "That's right" you looked at Zico and gave him a smile.
 
The two of you met eyes and continued to stare at them. [This feeling I'm having.. It' feels so warm and nice]. You smiled and he smiled back. [Soohyo, I think I'm falling deeper for you].
 
Janmi was staring at the two of you and she clenched her fist tight. "Zico.. you don't like Soohyo do you?" she asked herself.