Broken Trust

Confession Between Two

Kim Hyun Joon - Please

---------------------------------------

 

You and Zico were still standing in the same position as before, standing in front of each other.

"How are you?" you asked him. "I'm alright" he answered. He looked down and back to you. "Do you have a lesson right now?".
 
You looked at your watch and saw the time. "Oh no!! I'm late" you panicked and ran to your room. Zico followed you and when you opened your classroom door, it was a different lesson. You finally remembered that today wasn't Tuesday, so you didn't have a lesson at this time.
 
"Sorry" you bowed to the teacher and slowly closed the door. "That was embarassing" you giggled. "I guess you don't have a lesson right now?" Zico asked. You nodded. "Do you want to go eat ice cream?".
 
You looked at him. "Really?!" he nodded. "Okay!!" you clapped your hands together and the two of you left the school.
 
Jaybeom was in his classroom when his phone vibrated in his pant pocket. He sighed frustratedly. [What does Janmi sent me this time]. He pulled it out and saw Janmi's name. He rolled his eyes and opened up the text. He frozed up. 
 
There, in his phone was another picture of you and Zico, but this time you two were standing facing each other. [Why are they so close?]. He was holding onto your shoulders and you were smiling at him. Jaybeom looked at the captions, 'Picture perfect'. He place his pen down and raced out of the classroom. 
 
[She told me that they were just friends]. He ran to where the picture was taken. He looked at the staircase and searched for you. [Where can she be]. He ran to your classroom and opened up the door to see another lesson being taught.
 
"Sorry" he apologized and closed the door. "She didn't have a lesson.. did she lie to me?" he asked himself. He ruffled his hair in frustration and ran in another direction.
 
Meanwhile, you were with Zico at the ice cream store the two of you went to before on Christmas Eve. You were your strawberry ice cream while Zico had his chocolate one.
 
"Do you like it?" Zico asked. You nodded. "I've been wanting to eat ice cream" you it and a smile spread across your face.
 
Zico smiled to himself. [I like seeing you smile like that]. He his ice cream and continued to stare at you. You suddenly had ice cream on the corner of your lips and he stared at it. You stared back. "What is it?".
 
He pointed to the corner of his lip. "You have ice cream here" he got tissue for you and gave it to you. You took it and wiped the ice cream away. "Gone?" he nodded and you smiled. "That was embarassing" you blushed slightly. Zico chuckled. "Someone is a messy eater" he teased.
 
Your jaw fell, "I am not a messy eater" you pouted. [Cute]. Zico laughed and shook his head. "I was joking~" You laughed as well. "I know you were".
 
The two of you both began chatting and eating your ice cream.
 
----------------
 
Jaybeom was still at school, running at every corner trying to find you. [Where can she be..]. He searched for you everywhere but still couldn't find you. He picked up his phone and called you, but you didn't pick up instead it went straight to your voice mail.
 
"Are you looking for her?" asked a voice. Jaybeom looked up and saw Janmi. "Where is she?" he asked. Janmi looked away, "she's with Zico". At his name, Jaybeom's heart pumped with jealousy. "At the ice cream store..". With that Jaybeom ran out of the school and drove to the ice cream store nearest to the school.
 
He got out of his car and walked to the window of the store. He saw you and Zico sitting in the corner table and was talking happily to each other. He stormed inside and grabbed your arm. You shot your head up at him. "Oh Jaybeom op-" he pulled you up. "Let's go" he ordered.
 
"W-Wait-" you protested but he pulled you away. You turned around to see Zico looking at you. You mouthed 'sorry' and he nodded his head.
 
Jaybeom placed you inside his car and drove off. He arrived at the Han river and parked the car. The two of you were sitting inside the car. No one was talking.
 
You wanted to break the silence, "Don't you have a class now?" you wanted to change the atmosphere. "Didn't I tell you that I don't like you being with him" he totally ignored your question. You gave him a look, "why are you being like this all of a sudden?" you were curious.
 
He breathed in and out calmly. "Why are you with him all the time?" he asked with a serious tone. "Does it really matter if I'm with him all the time?" you wanted to know. Jaybeom looked at you. "Yes it does. Why does it seem that you are more interested in him more than me?!" he raised his voice.
 
You stared at him in disbelief. "How can you ever think that way? Didn't I say that-".
 
"You like me? Do you only like me?" he shot. You stared at him, wordless. "Can't you say you love me? I confessed to you that I love you" he was getting teary. You continued to stare at him. "Can't you say those three words.." he was begging.
 
"I.. I.. only like you as for now" you softly said. His face fell and he turned the other way to look out the window. His phone vibrated and he looked at the ID and it was from Janmi. He opened the text. 
 
'Do you know where your prescious Soohyo was on Christmas Day?' - Janmi.
 
'Yes. She was with me' he texted back.
 
'She was with Block B.. meaning she was with Zico. You feel betrayed?' - Janmi.
 
Jaybeom's eyes widened. He place his phone down and looked over to you. "Did you hanged out with anyone on Christmas?" he needed to know. You nodded. "Teen Top in the morning and you at night".
 
"Is that all?". You thought for a moment. "I also hanged out with Block B" you admitted. Jaybeom looked out the window. He heaved a heavy sigh and opened the car door to step outside. He walked over to the water and stared at it.
 
You were still inside his car and you heard something vibrate. You looked around to see what it was and saw his phone flashing. You looked up at him and he was staring at the front. You took the phone and saw that it was a text from Janmi. Your eyes widened at her name. [Why would she text Jaybeom]. You opened up the text.
 
'Looks like someone is waiting for a special someone' - Janmi.
 
Your eyes widened at the text. You scrolled down and saw a picture of you waiting outside the ice cream store on Christmas. The next picture showed Zico helping you onto the motorcycle. [Why would she send this to Jaybeom].
 
You looked up at Jaybeom who was still staring at the waters. You went through his inbox and saw that Janmi had texted him more than once. You opened up every text and your eyes widened at what she sent him. [Is this why he doesn't want me hanging out with Zico? Doesn't he trust me?]. You were sad yet angry. You opened up the door and slammed it shut.
 
You walked over to Jaybeom. "Don't you trust me?" you shot at him. He turned to face you. "What do you mean?" he was confused. You showed him the texts from Janmi and his eyes widened. "Soohyo.." he stepped closer.
 
You stepped back. "Is this why you suddenly don't want me hanging out with Zico?" you frowned.
 
"Soohyo.. it's not that I don't trust you" he walked closer to you.
 
"If you trust me then you wouldn't be like this!!" you were getting teary. He saw your tears and he started to feel guilty. "It's not that I don't trust you..".
 
"Then what?! Do you believe Janmi more than me?" you wanted to get things straight with him. "All of these texts, do you believe everything she says about me?".
 
"It's just that the pictures she sent.." he looked down. Tears started to fall from your eyes. "I told you.. we are nothing but friends".
 
"BUT STILL!!" he shouted. "THE WAY YOU LOOK AT HIM IS DIFFERENT FROM THE WAY YOU LOOK AT ME" you widened your eyes at his rage. "YOU KNOW THAT HURTS ME A LOT SEEING YOU WITH HIM. KNOWING THAT YOU NEVER ONCE SAID I LOVE YOU TO ME".
 
"You can't force someone to say I love you" you shot back. "But we've been going out for how long?!" he sighed in frustration. "For months now" he pointed out.
 
You nodded. "True we've been going out for that long, but you don't even trust me.." tears fell from your eyes. "You know how much that hurts..".
 
His expression softened at the sight of you crying. "Soohyo.." he stepped closer but you backed away.
 
"I don't want to say this.." you started. Jaybeom shook his head, knowing what you were about to say. "Don't say it" he begged. You looked down and at him. "Let's.. break up" you said. His face fell, his heart was crushed and his whole body felt numb.
 
"Say it again.." he said. You sighed and repeated, "let's break up".
 
He stepped backwards and held onto the railing bars for support. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. [Did I hear her properly.. she wants to break up with me?]. "Are you sure?".
 
You nodded. "If you don't trust me then what's the point of us dating" you turned your back to him and began walking. You stopped and turned back, you handed him his phone. "Here, you can believe whatever Janmi says to you about me. Since you believe her more" he took his phone and you walked away.
 
"Wait!!" Jaybeom ran to you and hugged you from behind. You stopped. "Please.. please give us another chance" he begged.
 
You looked out at the waters with sad eyes. "I already gave you a second chance.. but you ruined it by not trusting me. I don't want to give us another try.." you got out from his hug. "Bye Jaybeom" you didn't even look at him and walked off.
 
Jaybeom stood there, hurt and guilt ran all over his body. He sat down on the ground and tears rolled down his eyes. "Soohyo.. come back to me. I LOVE YOU!!" he shouted the last part.
 
You heard it and stopped walking. Tears came rolling down your eyes. [It was a bad decision to give him a second chance]. You regretted ever going out with Jaybeom. You got out your phone and texted Zico. 'Oppa.. I'm so hurt right now' - Soohyo.
 
------------------
 
Zico arrived at the park and looked around for you. He saw you on the swings and ran up to you. "Soohyo, are you alright?" he asked, worried. You looked up and tears began rolling down. "Oppa.." you stood up and hugged him tightly. "I'm so hurt!!" you sobbed.
 
"Shh let your feelings out" he patted your back. The sight of you crying made his heart torn. [Don't cry Soohyo.. please].
 
"I trusted him but he never once trusted me" you let your tears flow out.
 
Zico hugged you tighter. "Let it all out" he was hurting on the inside as well. You were crying in his arms and tears kept flowing out from your eyes.