New Friendship

Confession Between Two

Miss A - Touch

----------------------------------------

 

Winter break was soon over and school soon started again. Everyone was stressing out because exams were nearing in. You were in the library and looked through your notes. You saw a shadow hovering over you, so you looked up to see Jaybeom.

He sat next to you. "Studying for exams??" he asked. You nodded. "Shouldn't you be studying as well??". He causually leaned back on his chair, "I can always study next time" he shrugged. You shook your head, "You should really study" you place your books on top of one another. "I have another class to get to, see you later" you smiled at him.
 
"I'll help you". He helped you carry your books and the two of you walked down the hallway together.
 
Janmi was walking in the opposite direction and stopped when she saw you with Jaybeom. She stared at the two of you and soon enough, the two of you stopped when you saw her.
 
She smiled at Jaybeom, "Hey" she casually greeted. Jaybeom ignored her and turned to you. "Where is your next class??" you pointed to the room ahead. He smiled and held your hand. The two of you walked past Janmi who was stunned. You walked pass her and slightly bowed.
 
She didn't move but turned around with furious eyes. [So this is how you're gonna be]. She inhaled and walked off.
 
When you reached your room, you let go of Jaybeom's hand. "That was mean of you" you frowned at him, not liking how he was being just then. "I don't want to talk to her" he said. You looked down at the ground, "But still.." you looked at him. "You should at least said hi".
 
He held onto your hand again. "You're the only girl I want to talk to" he smiled at you. You smiled back and headed into class.
 
Zico was walking out of his class and saw Janmi walking with her head down. He titled his head. [What's wrong with her]. He walked up to her. "What's wrong Janmi??". She looked up at him and back down. He felt worried, "Did something happened??".
 
She sighed and looked up at him. "Do you like the feeling of being ignored by someone?? Like you mean nothing to them??" she suddenly got teary.
 
Zico placed his hand on her shoulder, "everything will be alright" he comforted. She nodded, with her head still hanging low. Zico looked at her, for some reason he felt sorry for her.
 
Moments after, Zico and Janmi were sitting outside on a bench, facing the oval. Though it was still winter, the sun was shinning. Janmi laced her fingers together and placed them on her lap. She looked straight ahead with a blank expression.
 
"Do you feel better??" Zico asked. She nodded but continued to stare ahead. "You don't look better" Zico looked at her expression which was filled with hurt. He sighed softly and stared ahead also.
 
Janmi started sniffing which made Zico turn to look at her. "Don't cry" he patted her back. She looked at him with tears in her eyes and she leaned on his shoulder. Zico stopped patting her back and his body frozed up. [What is she doing??]. He gulped and looked away, shocked.
 
"I'm just so sad right now" she started, still leaning on his shoulder. Zico looked at her with simpthetic eyes. "Just let your feelings out" he said.
 
She sighed, "I just wanted to know Jaybeom more". Zico's eyes widened at his name. "But now he's dating someone else and he's been ignoring me, like I don't exist. I just want to remain friends with him but it seems like he's pushing me away" tears rolled down her eyes.
 
"Do you.. like him??" Zico asked. Janmi stopped sobbing and looked up at him. For some reason she felt a warm and tingly feeling inside of her whenever she looked at Zico. 
 
"I don't know" she said and looked away.
 
Zico and Janmi decided to stay there and talk for a bit more. The more and more they talked, Janmi suddenly forgot about Jaybeom and started admiring Zico. She would occasionally stare at him and smile to herself. [Zico.. I'm sorry for using you like this].
 
----------------
 
You were at your locker placing your books inside. You closed your locker door and turned around to see Jaybeom leaning on the lockers. He looked up and smiled at you, "are you free right now??" he asked.
 
"Wae??" you were curious. "Do you want to go somewhere??" you asked and crossed your arms. He chuckled, "of course, why would I be asking you if you were free or not" he took your hand and lead you out of the school.
 
"W-wait!! I have to study though" you protested. "Don't worry, I just want to show you something".
 
On the way to Jaybeom's car, you glanced around and did a double take when you saw Zico and Janmi sitting together on a bench, laughing and talking. You were at Jaybeom's car but you didn't open the passenger door, your eyes were still glued to Zico and Janmi.
 
"Oppa, you're so funny" she laughed and slapped his arm. He laughed loudly.
 
You didn't realized that you were frowning at them. Jaybeom looked at you and tilted his head. [What's wrong with her?]. He followed your gaze and when he saw what you were staring at, he too frowned. [So she's staring at those two]. He turned his head to you and examined your expression. [Why is she staring at those two with those eyes?]
 
"Soohyo, are you okay" he asked. You blinked and turned to Jaybeom. "I'm okay" you quickly opened the door and sat inside. Jaybeom did a quick glance at the other two and sat in the drivers seat. He started the car and took off.
 
While Jaybeom was driving, he occasionally glanced your way. "Why aren't you talking??" he asked. You looked at him and shook your head. "Just thinking".
 
"Thinking about Zico and Janmi??" Jaybeom asked, straight foreward. You stared at him with wide eyes, "W-what do you mean by that??" you were startled by his sudden question. He sighed, "I just wanted to know why you were staring at them like that.. with those eyes" he turned to look in your eyes.
 
You could see that his eyes looked hurt. "I didn't know they were that close that's all" you turned to look out the window.
 
Jaybeom nodded and didn't ask any further questions which made you sigh in relief. You remembered back at how happy Janmi and Zico was and felt your chest. Your heart was beating fast, you breathed in and out evenly to calm yourself down. [What's wrong with me lately.. why do I care if Zico and Janmi are getting closer].
 
-----------------
 
Meanwhile at school, Janmi and Zico were walking down the hallway when Block B were walking the opposite way. Kyung stopped when he saw Zico and Janmi. "Is this Janmi??" he asked.
 
Zico and Janmi stopped and saw Block B. Janmi looked over at Zico and back at Kyung. "Yeah I'm Janmi" she smiled sweetly. "Oh so you were the girl that was supposed to hang out with us on Christmas" he nodded to the others.
 
Janmi slightly blushed a bit. "Mianhae I couldn't make it. I was.. busy" she tried to make up an excuse.
 
Taeil nodded. "No worries, we got to hang out with Soohyo anyways" he smiled. "And she gave us presents too" he clapped his hands together, grinning. Everyone nodded in agreement.
 
Janmi opened slightly, shocked. "You hanged out with Soohyo??" she looked at Kyung. He nodded, "is that shocking to you??". Janmi automatically shook her head. "No, I was just surprised" she smiled fakely. [Does Jaybeom know about this?]. She smirked to herself at the thought.
 
Kyung leaned in closer to her, "what are you smiling about??" he asked. She snapped out of her smirk and looked up at him. "Nothing. Was just remembering what Zico and I were talking about".
 
"OOOoooo" Block B cooed.
 
Zico began to turn red. "Y-yah it's not what you guys think" he explained. He turned to Janmi who was giving him an innocent look. [Why did she have to say that for?]"Why are you staring at me like that??" she asked, tilting her head. Zico shook his head.
 
When Janmi saw you and Jaybeom walking towards her, she quickly hugged Zico's arm. He quickly turned to look at her and Block B's mouth dropped at her actions. You and Jaybeom were talking and when you walked into the hallway, you saw the backs of Block B.
 
"Oppa!!" you shouted. They all turned around and you walked up to them. You got closer and saw Zico with Janmi.. again. You slowly stopped walking and saw the way she was holding onto his arm. You tried to smile at him and turned to Block B. "Hey" you smiled weakly.
 
Kyung waved, "where did you head off to??" he asked.
 
"Jaybeom oppa drove me to get ice cream" you looked over at Jaybeom. You gestured him to come over and he did. He hugged your waist and pulled you closer. Janmi and Zico saw this and they both had a stern face.
 
Janmi was the first to snap out of it. "Well Zico and I have to go somewhere. So bye bye" she waved to Block B. She glared at you and Jaybeom and lead Zico away.
 
Kyung scratched his head. "Are they close friends already?" he asked. Everyone shrugged. You looked at the two of them walking away and your heart felt heavy. You calmed yourself down and continued to talk to Block B.
 
When Zico and Janmi were far enough so that Block B and you couldn't see them, he slide his arm from her grip. "Why were you being like that??" he asked her. She looked up at him, "I just didn't want to see Jaybeom and Soohyo.." she acted sad.
 
Zico's expression softened. "You didn't have to be like that. I was shocked at how you were hugging my arm" he said. Janmi place her hands together, "mianhae, I won't do that again" she promised. "I thought we were friends".
 
Zico stared at her. "Friends?" She nodded. "If you don't want to be friends with me than.." she turned around. "No, that's not what I meant" he explained. Janmi turned around, "so you will be my friend?" she beamed at him.
 
He stared at her, unsure at how he should answer. "Yeah, I will" he finally said. She clapped her hands together excitedly. "I made a friend" she hugged him. Zico's eyes widened. [This girl is strange..].