Birthday – Sunny

Childcare Chaos

Let's throw in something that I should have written and posted one month ago... =w=;;;;;
-----_____-----

 


“Unnie. Unnie, wake up.” The girl nudged the short woman gently, being really careful not the wake up the other woman who is sleeping beside the one she’s trying to wake up. The short woman fidgeted slightly before opening her eyes sleepily.

 

“Seohyun ah…” The woman sits up. “Does something matter?”

 

“I need you to follow me, unnie. And please be quiet cause we don’t want to wake up Taeyeon unnie.” Seohyun held the woman’s hand and pulls her out of bed, before leading her out of the room. She waited patiently outside the bathroom for the woman to finish her wash-up, and handled a set of clothes to change into.

 

“What’s going on?” Sunny asked, raising her eyebrows as she stares at those clothes in her hands.

 

“Please change into these first. You will know later.”

 

“… Araso.” Because it’s Seohyun, Sunny decided to trust her that no prank will be coming up. Seohyun waited for the sound of the door locking, before hurrying back to the living room where all the other girls are. She did a thumb-up and the other girls nodded.

 

“Is it really alright to leave Taeyeon unnie alone?” Seohyun asked worriedly.

 

“Given that midget’s character, I think things will turn out sweeter this way so, no problem. We just need to be back by dinner time.” The tall girl reassured her, but in the end, to make sure everything works out, they decided to leave a note for the woman who is still sleeping soundly.

 

“I’m done. So, what’s going on?” Sunny came into the living room, changed into the clothes that Seohyun gave her just now.

 

“We are going out to have fun, unnie. Let’s go then. BoA is waiting for us already.” The tanned girl is the first to stand up and leads the short woman out.

 

“What about your Taeyeon unnie?” Sunny stops in her steps suddenly, and questioned.

 

“Don’t worry about her. We got everything under control.” The tall girl came over and gives the woman a push. Sighing, Sunny chooses to just believe in these girls and follow them out of the house. The whole group of them took the bus to the biggest mall nearby and met up with the petite girl.

 

Because today is a special day, instead of spending time with their partners respectively, the girls entertained the woman throughout the whole day at the mall. Sooyoung and Yoona keep on wanting to eat and they keep on recommending all kind of food for the woman. Sunny couldn’t help it but to laugh at how those two act. It’s no wonder they are always called the shikshins.

 

Yuri and BoA are the two quiet ones that walk beside Sunny and help her carry whatever stuff they had bought for her. Seohyun is trying to keep her short partner in control, and Sunny can’t stop laughing when the prankster fools around with the two shikshins like a group of kindergarteners.

 

“What’s today’s date? Is there something special about today?” Sunny finally asked and the girls stop whatever they are doing to stare at her. So she doesn’t remember the date?

 

“You will know, unnie.” Tiffany replied with a smile, and Jessica nodded her head while she hugs Tiffany’s arm tightly, slightly resting her head on the former’s shoulder. “Jessi, too tight.”

 

“I’m sorry~” Jessica loosens her hold a little and gives Tiffany’s shoulder a peck despite the clothes.

 

“Jessi ah~” Tiffany sighed with a smile, patting the girl who smiles cutely at her in return. Meanwhile back at home, a certain midget finally wakes up to see that her wife isn’t beside her anymore.

 

“Soonkyu…?” The woman called out and the house feels so empty. “Girls?”

 

Of course, there’s no response.

 

“Where did they go…?” She got out of bed quickly and looked around the house. She found a note lying on the dining table and without a hesitation, she ran to the bathroom to wash up before running out of the house with her purse and car key.

 

Back at the mall, the girls made Sunny sits right in the center in a restaurant and they crowd around. Sooyoung and Yoona aren’t around at this point of time and Sunny keeps on looking around.

 

“I’m getting worried about your Taeyeon unnie, girls. Shouldn’t we call her?” Sunny sighed, pulling out her phone to dial the number of their house phone but it was snatched away by Hyoyeon almost immediately.

 

“Don’t worry about that, unnie.” Seohyun tries to reassure the surprised woman that everything will be fine before looking around to see if the two shikshins are coming back yet. And there they are, approaching the table of ten with a huge cake in their hands. “They’re back.”

 

The girls move aside to allow the two shikshins to put down the cake and Sunny stares at them blankly.

 

“Wait, today is the 15th?” Sunny asked and all the girls smile brightly at her.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UNNIE~” The girls chorused and they started to sing the birthday song for the woman, in a rather playful way. Sunny tears up slightly. She isn’t the type to cry easily but the girls did all of these for her, keeping her company for the whole day and now, this surprise. She’s deeply moved.

 

“B… But what about your Taeyeon unnie…? She should be here…” Sunny couldn’t pull Taeyeon out of her mind. Even though she’s having fun with the girls, she couldn’t stop thinking of Taeyeon for the whole day.

 

“Aren’t we enough?” Sooyoung smirks.

 

“You’re all really sweet and nice kids. I love all of you but Taengoo is still the one that stays in the most important part of my heart, girls. How can I spend this special day without her?” Sunny stood up. “I’m sorry if I ruin the mood or anything…”

 

“Nah~ We expected this.” Yoona grins and brings out a cake box. “That’s why we are bringing this home.”

 

Sunny’s face turns brighter instantly and they pack the cake into the box quickly before they head for home. Upon reaching home, the girls suddenly say that they want to go for a date with their respective partners and went off before they can enter. Probably hearing the commotion, the front door swings open suddenly even before Sunny can touch the handle.

 

“SOONKYU!” Taeyeon cried out and hugged the woman tightly. “How can you leave me on my own today? You’re supposed to spend it with me!”

 

“Haha~ I’m sorry, Taengoo. I forget today’s date and the girls drag me out without saying anything.” Sunny pats the woman gently. “Why are you wearing an apron?”

 

“A… About that…” Taeyeon’s face turns red slightly. She held Sunny’s hand and pulls her into the house, closing the door before she leads the woman to the kitchen. Sunny’s eyes widen at the table of food. Taeyeon had prepared all of these for her? “I… I got a note saying that you will be hungry when you return…”

 

“Did you prepare all these? You could have just bought them. Just look at you… sweating so much…” Sunny sighed, wiping Taeyeon’s forehead with her sleeves lovingly.

 

“Be… Because it’s your birthday… How can I let other people prepare it…?” Taeyeon hugs the woman again.

 

“Jeez… Those girls must have planned these…” Sunny sighed.

 

“CHE. Those kids. How dare they bring out my bunny without my permission? What if my bunny got lost and couldn’t find her way home to my embrace?” Taeyeon frowns and pouted cutely, and Sunny leans in immediately for a kiss. “… Happy birthday, Soonkyu ah…”

 

“Sunny. It’s Sunny!”

 

“Soonkyu~ Soonkyu~ Soonkyu~!”

 

“Yah~! I’m going to smash this cake into your face!”

 

“Where did that come from?!”

 

“The girls bought it.”

 

“Where are they?”

 

“I have no idea. They ran off before I can enter.”

 

“… No wonder it was so noisy j-“

 

“WE ARE BACK~!” Just then, the front door opens and the girls swarm in, heading straight for the kitchen and sitting around the table.

 

“Yah you kids!” Taeyeon scolded. “How can you bring my bunny out and leave me alone on a day like this?!”

 

“Why not?” Sooyoung smirks.

 

“CHOI SOOYOUNG!”

 

“Come on, Taengoo… Let’s eat already.” Sunny sighed. She puts the cake into the fridge and sat down at the table. With some bickering here and there between the midget and some of the girls, the meal went on noisily until Sunny decided to shut her partner up by stuffing large amount of food into .