Chapter 03: Little Americans

Childcare Chaos

 

Obedient little Seohyun tried her best to her the short girl clear up the table but because of her height, she could not. The short girl cannot help it but to smile when she sees the little figure standing at the side of the dining table, trying to reach for the plates on the top of it.

"Seohyun-ah.. It's alright.. Just go and play." The short girl carries the little girl up and brings her to the living room, where the others are at. The two little Americans are both sitting on the sofa, watching a variety show on the television, and as expected, the two shikshins are eating while watching the show together with the two. Hyoyeon is just running around, with Seohyun's Keroro doll in her hand, and Yuri chasing her. The short girl sighed, as she puts the girl in her arms down. The little girl ran towards the two that are running around, to get her precious doll back. Suddenly, something flew towards the active girls who are running around, missing Hyoyeon's head by a little and hitting the wall behind her. Hyoyeon stopped in her track immediately, and Yuri was not able to stop in time, thus bumping into her and both of them fall. Everyone looked in the direction of where the thing came from and all they see is the little blonde girl with a dark expression. The one sitting beside her is the only one that is looking calm.

"You guys are noisy..." The blonde girl said, angrily. "Fany is trying to watch the show but all she hears is your damn voices.."

"Sica. Don't be so vulgar.." The short girl interrupted, as she approached the two on the floor and pulled them up. "You two.. Go back to your room, and Hyoyeon, give me that doll."
The two walked into their room quietly, and the short girl handed the doll to the little girl standing at the side, looking terrified. After taking the doll from the short girl, Seohyun ran into the room quickly, not wanting to stay in the living room any longer. The two shikshins stood up quietly and went into the kitchen, leaving the other two alone with the short girl.

"Sica.. What you had just did is not right.. What if you really hit her on the head?" The short girl sits down beside the blonde girl, patting her on the head.

"But they are too noisy... And Fany is watching the show.." The blonde girl protested, pouting.

"Still, you should not throw things at them, okay? Just tell me and I will stop them."

"Umm.. okay.." The blonde girl nodded.

"Is your hair always blonde?" The short girl suddenly asks. She had always wanted to ask about the little girl's blonde hair, but she never got a chance, since the girl is always sleeping when she is around.

"Her parents dyed it for her." The girl beside the blonde girl replied. "That's what I heard from the director.."

"I see.. The two of you, are really close.. Firstly, Tiffany is asking me to get them shut up while you are sleeping, and now, you are throwing things to get them to shut while she is watching the television.." The short girl commented, smiling, hoping that the two of them would cheer up a little.

"That's because I love her." The two of them said it together, in unison. And both of them are looking at her with a really serious look on their faces.

"I see. Do you guys always pair yourselves up?"

"What do you mean?"

"You see, those two shikshins are always together, Hyoyeon is always bullying Seohyun, and you two are taking care of each other so much.."

"That's because we love each other." They said it in unison again.

"You have to love the others too, since we are one big family now."

"We do love you. But not as much as we love each other, since we had been together for a longer period of time than we had been with you.." Tiffany said, smiling. The blonde girl nodded.

"But I love Fany the most, because she is the one that brighten up my life. My life has been in darkness ever since my parents abandoned me, and she is the one that.." The blonde girl said, with a blank look on her face. It was obvious that she is reciting something that she learnt from somewhere.

"Where did you learn that from?" The short girl asked, shocked by what the girl had just said. It is impossible for a little girl to be saying that because she really feels that way.

"This." The blonde girl fished out a book from somewhere behind her and passed it to the short girl. A novel.

Knew it.. The short girl stared at the book for a while, before flipping through it. "You read this?"

"Yea." The blonde girl smiled, nodding happily.

"Actually, she only know that one sentence from it. She didn't read it.." The girl beside her exposed her lie immediately.

"Yah! Fany!" The blonde girl smacked the other girl lightly on the shoulder and both of them started laughing, forgetting about the television completely. The short girl laughed too, before standing up and walking into the kitchen to wash the dishes. Upon stepping in, she finds the doe-eye girl sitting on the shoulder of the tall girl, and her hand is trying to reach for the box of cookie at the top of the shelf. The short girl shouted at them, causing them to panic, and the doe-eye girl almost fell, but the short girl caught her in time. She scolded the two, before sending them back into their room and coming back to the kitchen to wash the dishes. After twenty minutes, she is finally done. She glanced at the clock on the wall, and nodded slightly, as though someone is telling her something.

"Fany and Sica, time to go to bed. Children should sleep early." The short girl picks up the remote control and turn off the television. The two kids jumped off the sofa and walked into their room obediently. However, before the short girl could step into the room, a loud thud echoed throughout the house, coming from the room. She rushed to the room immediately, to find Yuri and Yoona on the floor, near the bed, and Hyoyeon standing in front of them, with the Keroro plush in her hand again. Sooyoung is clearly angered, as she stomp towards the girl and pushed her, before squatting down beside the doe-eye girl, asking her if she is okay.

"What happened?" The short girl walked in quickly, carrying Yuri. Her forehead is red. Seem like she had knocked her head on the floor. The two started crying, as they both put their hands on their foreheads.

"Why isn't anyone answering me? What happened?" The short girl shouted, as she pulls the hands of the tanned girl away, looking at the bruise on her forehead. Sooyoung is hugging the doe-eye girl, trying to comfort her.

"Taeyeon-unnie... Yoona-unnie and Yuri-unnie were trying to get Keroro back for me and they fell off the bed together.." Seohyun stood beside the short girl. She is trying her best to hold her tears in.

"Kim Hyoyeon!" Taeyeon shouted. "Follow me and the rest, get into your bed now!"

The kids jerked, and scrambled into their own beds, while Hyoyeon followed behind the short girl timidly, after throwing the plush to Seohyun. Sooyoung is still hugging the doe-eye girl, and pushing her slightly as she moves towards their beds. Yuri got into hers quietly, and pulls the blanket over her head, while Yoona just lie there, with her back facing the entrance. The other four were peeking out from under their blankets, trying to find out about what is happening outside. They can only here Taeyeon's voice, and she sounded really angry. Soon, the little girl walked in slowly and climbed on her bed without a word. The rest lie down immediately, before the short girl came in. The only one that is not lying down is Tiffany, as Jessica is lying on her lap once again.

"... Why don't you lie down?" Taeyeon asked, keeping herself as calm as possible. "I will move her away.."

"It's okay, unnie. I'm fine with sleeping like this, and Sica likes it better like this." The girl smiled, showing off her beautiful eye-smile again. "Cheer up, by the way. They are always like this."
Taeyeon smiled, feeling happy that at least there are a few obedient ones in the group. If the group is full of kids like Hyoyeon or Sooyoung, she might decided to throw them back to the orphanage again. She surveyed the whole room once, and switches the lights off when the girl closed her eyes and dozed off. After which, she switches the lights of the living room and kitchen off, before going back to her own room and lie down, fall asleep soon instantly.