Chapter 40: Improvement

Childcare Chaos

 

THESE TWO HAVE TELEPATHY, I TELL YOU. /get smack for being ridiculous and delusional/

[A/N] From now on, it's going to be so predictable, no? :D And I'm not doing reply this time. Bery tired and lazy right now. But don't be lazy to comment or I will be lazy to update *evil grins* Just kidding. Still, do comment, okay? Me need strength and motivation right now *lies on floor and groans*

OH AND. It's not ten years, to be honest. It's just what Yoongie thought.

-----_____-----

 

“What did the doctor says?” The short woman asked, as she puts down the bowls of rice and arranged the dishes to make sure it’s within reach for everyone.

 

“There’s a chance that she will recover on her own. At first we thought she will only become mature when Soo is in trouble but according to Soo, she turned mature when they were having a bath together the last time.” The tanned girl replied as she sits down at her usual seat. The tall girl is around picking up some food with her hand and eating, sometimes giving it to the doe-eye girl clinging on her from the back. “The reason why she becomes a lot more clingy to Soo is probably because of her growth and maturity. Her mind and heart are only concern about one thing now and it’s Soo. So as a kid, clinging tightly is probably a way to show that, like a kid clinging to her mother.”

 

“I see. That’s good… I was so upset when her mature mind switched off suddenly that time and become all childish like she’s now…” Taeyeon sighed, staring at the doe-eye girl. “It’s like she’s trying to escape from the cruelty of the world.”

 

“She thought she would lost someone important again. Through the same way.” Yuri sighed as well, as she fiddles around with the utensils on the dining table. “But then again, she probably sees the need to protect after that incident, thus the change whenever Soo got into trouble.”

 

“Yoona, stop clinging to Sooyoung and sit down properly. It’s not good for your digestion.” Sunny pats on the back of the doe-eye girl gently but those words seem to have a reversed effect.

 

“No~!” Yoona shouted, tightening her hold.

 

“Y… Yoongie… I… I can’t breathe…” Sooyoung almost choked on the vegetable and she taps Yoona’s arms furiously. Yoona let go instantly and the girl coughed uncontrollably. Yuri passed her a glass of water quickly and she gulped it down in an instant.

 

“I… I… I’m so sorry, Youngie…” Yoona apologized, tears forming in her eyes.

 

“H… Huh? N… No wait. Yoongie, it’s alright. I’m alright. Don’t cry!” Sooyoung became flustered as she pulls the girl into her embrace quickly. And the clinging continues.

…..

“You can remember everything now?” Yuri asked, placing her hands over the doe-eye girl’s and stared with a concerned look.

 

“Yea I think so.” Yoona replied, as she tries to search her memory, checking if she forgets anything. “Oh wait, there’s one thing I couldn’t remember.”

 

“What is it?” Sooyoung got anxious instantly.

 

“How did I become a kid? I don’t seem to be able to recall how it happens… Did it just occur when I’m young?” Yoona asked, with a blank look.

 

“Oh that. That’s not important. You don’t have to remember that.” Yuri let out a sigh of relief.

“How long has it been since I woke up?” Yoona asked, looking at the clock.

 

“Nearly two hours.” Sooyoung grins happily.

 

“I think I will sleep soon though…” Yoona sighed, staring into Sooyoung’s eyes sadly. She could sense the sadness from her eyes as well. None of them want her to go back to her childish state. She wanted to create memories with Sooyoung, with everyone, as herself and not as her childish self. For ten years, she missed out totally on those ten years. At least that what she thought - ten years of loss.

 

“… Sleep tight, Yoongie. But don’t sleep for too long. I’m sure that, soon, you will never sleep again in future.” Sooyoung sighed, hugging the girl tightly. Yoona nodded with a smile, and soon, her energy starts to drain. “Night, Yoongie.”

 

“Night, Youngie.” Yoona whispered and her eyes begin to close. There is silence in the room. Yuri stared at the two girls quietly, with an indescribable feeling. She watches as the two arms of her sister start to wrap around the tall girl, and she knows it. The kid is back again. “Youngie~~”

 

“Yea?” Sooyoung answered, showing a caring smile.

 

“I love you, Youngie~” Yoona grins at her widely. Even though the tone of speaking has no difference from the tone of a kid, both Sooyoung and Yuri got a very different feeling from this girl. It’s not the feeling they get from neither the childish Yoona nor the one they got from the mature one.

 

“… Yul?” Sooyoung glances at the tanned girl.

 

“It’s an improvement, Soo. You can feel it, can’t you?” Yuri smiled. Sooyoung nodded as she cuddles closer to the doe-eye girl, loving the moment. Yuri stood up and patted Yoona gently on the head, before walking out of the room with a smile. The day whereby Yoona recovers completely doesn’t seem far anymore.