Chapter 46: That Fateful Day

Childcare Chaos

 

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THIS UFO REPLY?! LIKE OHMYGAD PLEASEEEEEEEE~~~<3 YOONGIE LOVES TO HUG HER HUBBY!!!! SOONA IS REAL! SOONA IS SOOOOOO REALLLLL!!!!!! /ohmysoonafeelings/ /feelingploded/ /diedofhappiness/

[A/N] TA-DA! You guys had been asking about this so........ HERE! And about YulBoA's meeting, I'm going to be evil now and not say anything about it. I told some of you about this... I might be writing that as a special chapter so... MAYBE okay? No guarantee. Depends on my workload ㅠㅠ So, it's a half-promise okay? Not a full promise.
-----_____-----

 

The doe-eye girl stirred around on her bed, with her eyes shut tightly and sweats rolling down from her forehead like no tomorrow.

 

“Come on, let’s get going.” That’s her own voice, sounding younger. Judging from how the image is moving, she’s probably running at that point of time.

 

W… When was this? I don’t remember seeing this scene before… The doe-eye girl frowns, as the unfamiliar images flashes through her mind, in her sleep, as her dream. It’s like how she recalls all the memories of her childish self that time, having sweet dreams of all the moments she spent with Sooyoung. It was sweet, but this current one isn’t. She has this very bad feeling about it and she can’t seem to wake up from it.

 

“Wait for me, Yoongie!” Sooyoung. Hearing that voice makes her smile unknowingly. Slowly, the view turns and she could see the taller girl, looking smaller and younger.

 

Is this from our childhood…? Youngie looks like she is… ten.

 

The her in her dream keeps on moving away from Sooyoung, while still looking at the girl. That could only mean one thing – she’s walking backwards. She could hear the sound of cars zooming past faintly in the background, and she shivers slightly as she got reminded of her parents suddenly. But that’s not the main thing here. She wants to know what is her dream about and why did she has this awful feeling about this dream.

 

“Don’t walk backward, Yoong! It’s dangerous!” Small Yuri appeared, running behind Sooyoung. Soon, the rest of the girls, together with Taeyeon and Sunny, appeared in her dream. She’s the only one who isn’t with the group. Sooyoung sped up suddenly, and she doesn’t know why.

 

“BE CAREFUL, YOONGIE!” That tall kid screamed, as she continues to dash towards the doe-eye girl. The next thing she knows, is that her vision went into a spiral and she saw a car approaching.

 

I… I fell? On the road? The doe-eye girl started shaking, as she stared at the approaching car in her dream. Everything seems so real that she’s starting to feel scared. Very scared. It’s as though it’s happening to her right now.

 

“YOONGIE!!!!” She sees the tall girl again. The tall girl jumps at her, and pushed her, the her in the dream, away from lane where the car is on, and she could see the tall girl falling down herself, right in front of the car.

 

N… No… NO! YOUNGIE NO! She screamed in her mind. So did the her in her dream.

 

“YOUNGIE NO!!!!” She is screaming. At that moment, her breathing increased rapidly and everything drops when the car managed to stop right in front of the tall girl, not touching her a bit. It was then her world started to become blur, and soon, it’s dark.

 

The doe-eye girl sits up instantly, panting and sweating profusely. She almost lost her beloved girl in the past. Because of her own silliness and playfulness, she almost lost the girl.

 

“Yoongie…?” That voice. The doe-eye girl turns around immediately, and saw the tall girl standing beside her bed, looking really worried. The rest of the girls soon gathered in the room, trying to find out what’s going on. “What’s wrong, Yoongie…? You were screaming my name really loudly in your sleep…”

 

“Y… Yo… Youngie…” Yoona finds it hard to speak, as she burst into tears. Sooyoung hugs her immediately, trying to comfort her

…..

“Yoongie, tell me. What did you dream of that make you scream so loudly…?” Everyone had gathered in the living room, as Yoona sipped on the cup of warm water to calm herself down.

 

“Youngie… I’m sorry…” Yoona finally spoke after ten minutes of silence. Her voice is still shaking.

 

“Why? Why are you saying sorry suddenly…?”

 

“Y… You… tried to save me… a… and I… I almost lost you forever like how I lost my parents….” With much difficulty, Yoona managed to say out everything and her tears start to flow again. The girls and the two women stared hard at the sobbing doe-eye girl. “Because of my stupidity… I almost lost you, Youngie…”

 

“Y… You remembered…? Is that why you screamed earlier…?” Sooyoung stuttered, not knowing what she should do now, other than pulling the girl into her embrace to serve it as a form of comfort to the girl.

 

“I… I was so scared, Youngie… I’m scared that you will leave me too! Like my parents! I’m so scared that I will lose you forever, Youngie… I’m so sorry…”

 

“Hush hush… Don’t cry anymore, Yoongie… I’m fine. If not, I won’t be here with you. Honestly, that after that incident, the one that isn’t alright is you, Yoongie…” Sooyoung sighed. The rest of the girls look on as Sooyoung pats the girl and continues to explain. “Your condition. It begins after you out completely. You woke up acting even more childishly than ever, and all the way until this year, you had been acting that way… My heart is hurting so badly when I see you like that… If it wasn’t because of me, you wouldn’t be like that…”

 

“… I… If it wasn’t because of you, I won’t be here…” Yoona sniffed uncontrollably, as she tries her best to stop crying.

 

“Everything is fine now, isn’t it? So stop crying… I hate seeing you like this…” Sooyoung moves away from the hug and cups Yoona’s face with her hands, wiping away the tears with her thumbs. Sensing how things it going to go, the girls got up and went back to their respective rooms, as the two of them kiss. “I love you, Yoongie.”

 

“I love you too, Youngie. Thanks for staying by my side all this while…”

 

“I promise I will stay with you forever.” Sooyoung sticks out her pinky finger.

 

“You promised.” And Yoona intertwined hers with Sooyoung’s pinky, before kissing again to seal the promise into their hearts.