Chapter 23: Nice Unnie

Childcare Chaos

 

“Unnie, you’re very beautiful~” The doe-eye girl stares at the girl sitting across her intensely, before stating her comment in a voice full of aegyo. Even though she has no idea who this girl is, but she has this feeling that this girl is a good person.

 

“Really? Thank you.” BoA smiles at the girl, placing a hand on the girl’s head gently.

 

“Yoongie, she’s BoA nim.” Sooyoung nudges the doe-eye girl and whispers into her ears. “The most respected and well-loved student in the entire school. Honestly, even students of other school respect and love her.”

 

“Wow~ Unnie, you’re so awesome~ You’re like a star!” Yoona exclaimed cheerfully, grabbing the BoA’s hands and shaking it playfully.

 

“Y… Yoongie!” The tall girl got surprised by Yoona’s action, and attempted to stop her. But before she can do anything, BoA removes one of her hands from Yoona’s grip and places it on top of Yoona’s hand instead. “B… BoA nim…”

 

“She’s very energetic. That’s good. And stop lying to this kid, Sooyoung ssi. I’m not like what you guys said. I’m just an ordinary student, okay? Just like you guys.” BoA continues to shake her hands together with the happy doe-eye girl as she talks to Sooyoung, as though she is really playing with a little kid. “Her name is Yoona, right?”

 

“Yes, BoA nim…”

 

“Yoona ah, unnie has to go now. I will come back and play with you next time, okay?” BoA the hair of the doe-eye girl gently, patting her gently with a smile.

 

“Pinky promise?” Yoona sticks out her pinky finger towards BoA.

 

“Okays. Haha.” BoA hooks her own pinky with Yoona’s and ‘sealed the pact’, before standing up. “I shall get going then. See you girls soon. Bye bye.”

 

“See you soon, BoA nim. Take care. Bye bye.” The girls bowed, low, as the girl walks out of their classroom and disappears from their sight. The crowd in the classroom disperses as the bell rings, signaling the start of the next lesson. It’s only then the girls realize that they end up staying in class for the whole of the lunch break, just because BoA is here. That also means that BoA didn’t go for lunch either.

 

“Will it be alright for her to not eat lunch…? It’s kind of like our fault, isn’t it?” Yuri looked at the other five girls, waiting for their opinion. They look at each other, exchanging glances and nodded soon after. “Should we buy something and send it over to her class…?”

 

“But class is starting soon.” Seohyun reminded.

 

“Yoongie will go!” Listening to their conversation, Yoona raised her hand happily and volunteered to go and get something for the nice unnie that she just got to know.

 

“No, Yoongie, it’s too dangerous. Not everyone in this place is like BoA nim.” Sooyoung is the first to oppose and Yuri seconded that.

 

“I wanna see nice unnie. I don’t care!” Pouting, Yoona threw a fit. Even after the teacher comes in and stares at her, she refuses to stop her childish act. Sooyoung has no choice but to drag the girl out of the classroom, with the teacher’s permission of course.