Chapter 18: Visiting the Doctor

Childcare Chaos

The short girl yawns silently as she snooze the noisy alarm which wakes her up from her sleep. She stares at the shorter girl beside her and smiled, before bending down to plant a kiss on the cheek of the girl. She then climbs out of her bed carefully, not wanting to disturb her girlfriend's sleep. Putting on her clothes, she walks out of her room and got surprised when she saw a kid lying on the sofa, hands cupped over her ears.

"H.. Hyoyeon? Hyoyeon, why are you sleeping here?" She rushed to the side of the kid, nudging her to wake up, and got shocked once again when the kid feels hot. After sleeping there for a night, it's natural that the kid would become feverish. "Damn. Hyoyeon, wake up."

"... C.. Cold.. U.. Unnie, it's very cold.." And she sneezed, followed by a cough. Taeyeon takes her wallet, picks up the kid quickly and ran out of the house. She didn't even bother washing up. The kid's health is more important.

"Why are you sleeping on the sofa anyway, Hyo?" Taeyeon snuggles the kid closer, giving her as much warmth as possible.

"I.. I wanted to go to the toilet, unnie... And I waited for you in the living room.." Hyoyeon replied, weakly.

"Silly girl, you should have call for me.."

"You are doing that, aren't you...? With Sunny unnie..."

"... W.. What?" Taeyeon didn't quite understand what the kid mean by that.

"Getting and putting something in and out of a hole... Right?" That surprises Taeyeon. She's pretty sure that she remembers to close the door properly and even locked it. So how do this innocent kid knows about it?

"W.. Wait a.. a minute.. You didn't see anything weird, did you?"

"M.. My mum... She was doing it with a man that I had never seen before when I ran away... I don't know what is going on but I just feel so disgusted by the sight of it. The sounds that is made in the process sounded so... annoying and disgusting.. I-"

"Alright, enough. It's enough, Hyoyeon. I'm sorry.. You must had heard us right? And it triggers something that you don't want to remember... Right?"

Hyoyeon nodded. Tears had already formed in her eyes as she fights, mentally, with those memories. She's trying to push them out of her small head, trying to get rid of them forever. But she couldn't. No matter how hard she tries, she couldn't. It refuses to go away. Taeyeon sighed and hugged her tighter, apologizing as she walks towards the clinic. She feels bad. Very bad. For triggering such memories of a poor kid. Soon, they reached the clinic and seen the doctor. At first, Hyoyeon thought that there would be needles and hence, refuses to see the doctor. But Taeyeon carries her up and walks into the room with little effort. After everything, the doctor even gave her a sweet.

"Can I have another one, please?" She asked, and got told off by Taeyeon immediately. She still got it anyway.

"Never sleep on the sofa again, okay?" Taeyeon instructed as she headed home with the kid in her arms.

"Here, for you." Hyoyeon pulls out the extra sweet that she got earlier, from the doctor, and gave it to Taeyeon.

"For me?" And Hyoyeon nodded.

"It's for the best unnie in the world."

"Haha. Thanks~" Taeyeon smiled at the kid as she takes the sweet and put it in her pocket. However, as soon as she got home, she got a smack on her head. "Oww! Bunny!!"

"Do you know how worried I was when I couldn't find you at all?! Seohyun had been crying because she couldn't find both you and Hyoyeon!" Sunny scolded. Taeyeon explained to her as she puts the kid down. Another kid appears almost immediately and hugged her.

"Hyoyeon unnie~!! Where did you go!?" It's Seohyun. And she's still crying.

"Unnie, give that sweet back." Hyoyeon tugged on the shirt of the short girl.

"Isn't it for me?" Taeyeon asked.

"Seo is more important. Give it back."

"Aish. You kid.." She takes the sweet out from her pocket and handed it to the kid, who snatches it quickly, before giving it to Seohyun.

 

.....

"I'm sick, unnie!" Sooyoung shouted. Apparently, after knowing that Hyoyeon had gotten sweets from the doctor, she had been claiming that she's sick. Taeyeon sighed as she heard that for the tenth time in just twenty minutes. She can't handle these kids.