Their Past - Hyoyeon

Childcare Chaos

The little girl sat on the sofa, staring at the television blankly. She had been like this for quite some time already and no one seems to be bothering about her. The voices that came out from the room are able to cover up sound from the television. Soon enough, loud knocking could be heard. It’s obvious to the girl that, it’s probably their neighbours. However, she didn’t care. Even if she wants to, she couldn’t. She’s too short to be able to reach for the door handle.

“If only I know that you’re a earlier, I wouldn’t even marry you!” That’s the last sentence that she heard before the door of her parents’ room swings open and a man stormed out from the room. He opens the front door and pushed whoever is outside away, and disappeared from the girl’s sight. It’s nearly a week later when she gets to see him again. He appears in the house and went straight to the room. It didn’t take long until he reappears again, with a luggage beside him.

“... Who knows.. You might be someone else’s child..” Staring at the little girl for a moment, he sighed and left.

“Mummy, where’s daddy going?” The little girl asked, innocently.

“To hell! Don’t you come in and irritates me or I will throw you out!” Her mother replied and went back to her room angrily. A few days later, a man that she had never seen before appears in the house suddenly. Her mother hugs and kiss him happily, before leading him into the bedroom.

Curious, the little girl stood outside and tried to find out what is going on inside. Moans could be heard clearly but she didn’t know what is it suppose to be. Her mother said something but it’s too soft and she couldn’t hear it. Pressing her ear closer to the door, it surprises her when the door started moving suddenly. It seems like her mother did not close it properly just now.

Sneaking in through the small gap, the little girl got into the room quietly and the horrible sight of the man being on top of her mother, both , disgust her. She didn’t really know what are they doing but everything just seem so wrong and awful. It makes her feel sick. She almost screamed but she managed to control the urge to do so. She got out of the room quickly and went back into her own.

She wants to leave.

She wants her father, but she didn’t know where he went to.

Looking around, she paused at the window by the side of her bed. She pushed it open with all her might and look out, at the empty corridor. She grabs her pillow and threw it out, before climbing out of the window herself. Her landed on the pillow accurately. Not bothering to look back even once, she ran away.

 

-----

 

“She seems lost and cried when I offered to send her back home... I have no choice but to bring her here.” The teenage tries to explain to the lady in charge of the place, about the little girl beside him. Nodding, the lady thanked him and send him out, before going back to the girl.

“What’s your name? Full name.” The lady squats down in front of the girl and asked.

“Kim Hyoyeon.”

 

.....

 

“Go and play with the kids.” After taking care of the necessary processes, the lady brought the girl to the play room and left. The girl surveyed her surrounding carefully and got surprised when a green object appears in front of her suddenly.

“Sergeant Keroro here! Who are you?” A voice of a girl came up from behind that green frog plush.

“H.. Hyoyeon.” She replied.

“No~ You have to salute to Keroro while answering!” The girl holding up the plush protested. A tanned kid came and pulled the girl away, asking her not to bother the others. Hyoyeon stood there and watch as the two girls settle down at a corner by themselves. Something tells her that she should go over and play with them. Smiling, she approaches them.

“Can I play with you?” She asked, shyly.

“Sure~ Keroro will be glad to have a new playmate!” The girl with the Keroro plush nodded.

“I’m Yuri and this is my sister, Seohyun. You’re..?” The tanned girl pats the floor near them gently, signalling to Hyoyeon to sit down.

“I’m Hyoyeon.” Hyoyeon replied, sitting down. The three of them started playing among themselves and it didn’t take long until Hyoyeon’s mischievous personality came out.