Chapter 07: Scolded

Childcare Chaos

 

After all the time wasted to go to the kindergarten and coming back, Taeyeon and Sunny could not complete the project before the day ends for the kindergartners. They are still busy with the project, but there are still five little ones in the kindergarten, waiting for her to fetch them.

"Why not you leave these two here, and go fetch the others? I will take care of them for you." Sunny suggested, as she holds Taeyeon's hand in hers. It had been a while since she held her hand. In fact, it had been a long while, and she missed the feeling. Even though it is not that tiny hand of the little kid anymore, the feeling is still the same. Taeyeon looked at her with a worried look. It is not because she is worried that Sunny could not handle children, but she is worried that Sooyoung would cause trouble for her. Seeing that, Sunny patted her and ruffled her hair. "Dummy. It will be fine. Go on. Those five little ones are waiting for you."

Taeyeon smiled and nodded, before taking her car key and going into the boss office to get his permission. After doing so, Taeyeon came out, gives Sunny a thumb-up, before running out of the office. The colleagues are quite amazed at how well they are getting along, and how fast Taeyeon is opening her heart to the newcomer. In fact, it feels like the newcomer knows her so much more better than them, even though they had been working with her for years.

"How did you do that?" Some colleagues gathered around Sunny's desk and asked.

"Do what?" Sunny did not understand them.

"Taeyeon.. I never see her being so cheerful before, and she seldom talk to us too. But she is chatting a lot with you ever since you guys came back with those two kids.." They replied.

"Ahh.. It's a secret. Hehe." Sunny smiled and the colleagues sighed, returning to their own desks to do their work. Is that how Taeyeon is doing during work? No wonder she treats me so coldly before knowing who I am.. Hehe. That's kinda cute. Sunny stares at Taeyeon's seat and grinned. Suddenly, someone tugged on her shirt. She turns around and saw the doe-eye girl. The female colleagues got distracted from their work immediately, as they gathered to look at the little ones in the office.

"Yes?" Sunny asked, turning around to face the doe-eye girl, whose name is unknown to her.

"Do you have a blanket? It's cold inside her and Youngie is sleeping. I don't want her to catch a cold." The doe-eye girl pointed to the sleeping kid on the sofa at the side, ignoring the fact that female colleagues are staring at her and screaming 'cute' under their breath. Sunny smiled and took off her jacket, giving it to the doe-eye girl.

"Won't you be cold?" The doe-eye girl is reluctant to take the jacket.

"It's alright. Take it." Sunny offered it again, but to see the little girl sighing.

"You and Taeyeon-unnie are so alike.." And she walked away without taking the jacket, approaching the female colleagues. "Do you have a blanket?"

"Aww~ CUTEEE~" One of them carries her up and hugged her. Just then, the tall sleeping kid jumps up suddenly, as though she could sense something while sleeping.

"Don't touch my Yoongie!!" The tall kid shouted and jumped off the sofa, running towards the group and trying to get Yoona down. Yoona struggles a little, signalling that she wants to get down, and they put her down. Sooyoung hugs her immediately, and took her away from the group.

"Pabo. I'm trying to get a blanket.." Yoona flinched Sooyoung's forehead.

"Oww.. I don't care. As long as you are here, it's warm enough.." Sooyoung rubbed her own forehead before cuddling Yoona again, and the colleagues start 'fan-girling' (not the right word to use, but their actions are the same). Sunny giggled and took out her phone to call Taeyeon, asking her bring blankets for the kids and through the phone, Taeyeon could hear her colleagues making all sorts of noise. Soon, her boss's voice is heard and that would mean that those colleagues got some letter of reflection to work on now. After around half an hour, Taeyeon came back, with some blankets and a little girl in her hands and four little ones following after her. Squealing sound is heard again and the boss came out again.

"Ladies, are you itching to do more letter of reflection? And Taeyeon, I would appreciate it if these kids don't come here anymore.. The office is not a kindergarten." The boss looks down, at the four kids near his feet and then at the two cuddling together on the sofa.

"I.. I'm sorry. I promise they won't cause any trouble or make any noise to disturb our work.." Taeyeon bowed slightly, only, because of the girl in her arms.

"I'm not worried about them being noisy. I'm worried about your colleagues who don't seem to be able to work with them around." Taeyeon looks around immediately and notices that what the boss said is true. Those female colleagues are all looking at the seven kids in the office. But she can't possibly leave them at home alone, neither she should trouble the kindergarten teacher to take care of them until she finishes work. The boss seems to be able to understand her worries and allow the kids to stay only if her colleagues stop looking at them and start working seriously. Hearing that, she kind of stare at her colleagues who turn around quickly and concentrate on their work.

 

.....

"Unnie.. I'm hungry.." After napping, Sooyoung woke up again and start complaining. But she kept her volume low, since she's in an unfamiliar place with a lot of unfamiliar faces. Taeyeon sighed and took out a sandwich from her bag, giving it to the little kid who seems to refuse to take it for some reason. "What about Yoongie? She's hungry too.."

"Share it first. I'm busy right now.." Taeyeon did not want to bother too much about the kid right now. Both Sunny and herself are lagging behind time for their project, which are needed by the end of this week and they did not even complete at least 20% of it yet. However, the kid doesn't want to give up just yet. Careful not to wake the doe-eye girl up, she got off the sofa and stood beside Taeyeon, tugging on her shirt continuously. At first, Taeyeon ignored the kid and concentrated on her work but soon it starts to annoy her, as the kid starts to tug even harder. "Yah! Choi Sooyoung!" Not caring about the fact that she's in the office, she shouted at the kid beside her. It attracted everyone's attention at once, except the boss since he's in the office and her voice isn't loud enough to reach his ears. Suddenly, the kid starts stepping backwards slightly before she starts to cry. Taeyeon face-palmed herself and sighed. "Im Yoona... Please take her away..."

"I'm sorry, unnie..." No one notices when the doe-eye girl woke up just now. All they see is the little girl walking towards the tall kid and drags her away, back to the sofa before hugging her. "Pabo... what are you trying to do, making unnie shout at you here..?"

"I.. I.. I'm just trying.. trying to get some fo.. food..." The tall kid hugs the doe-eye girl really tightly, sniffing. Those female colleagues start smiling again and their focus are on the two kids already. Taeyeon cleared on purpose and all of them return to their work quickly.

"Didn't unnie give you this already? Eat this first.." Yoona picks up the sandwich on the sofa and gives it to Sooyoung.

"B.. But.. what.. what about you..?"

"Just eat. Quick." Yoona opens up the box and took out the sandwich, before stuffing it into Sooyoung's mouth forcefully. Sooyoung took a bite and stuff it into Yoona's mouth, like what Yoona did to her, and they end up sharing the sandwich, like what Taeyeon asked Sooyoung to do just now.