Chapter 08: Happiness

Childcare Chaos

 

Finally, working time has ended. But Taeyeon and Sunny still had not complete at least 20% of the project they are working on together. Those female colleagues are gathering near the sofa, wanting to play with the kids. As usual, Jessica is still sleeping while the two shikshins don't feel like playing at all due to their hunger. Tiffany couldn't move because Jessica is lying on her lap, and she refuses to let those people move Jessica away. So, in the end, only Seohyun, Hyoyeon and Yuri are playing with them.

"What's your name?" They asked, smiling at the kids.

"I'm Seohyun. This is Hyoyeon unnie and Yuri unnie. The one sleeping is Jessica unnie and the one with Jessica unnie, is Tiffany unnie. I believe you know who the other two are already." Seohyun answered with a serious look.

"Oh my god. You are so mature. So, you are the youngest? How old are you?"

"We are all five years old. I'm the youngest in term of birthday, and I'm the last one of the triplet."

"Triplet? Who's your sisters?"

"Yuri unnie and Yoona unnie."

"Ah.. no wonder you look similar..."

Taeyeon is currently ignoring the conversation going on behind her, at the sofa, and concentrating really hard on her work. She wants to complete as much as possible in the office, since she knows that it would be quite impossible to do it at home, with those kids around. On the other hand, Sunny keeps on looking back, slightly worried about the kids. Since she is still unfamiliar with her colleagues, she didn't know what kind of character they have and she is afraid that they might try to bring some of those kids away. Taeyeon told her not to worry several times but she still could not take the worry off her mind and concentrate on her work.

"Unnie!! I'm hungry!!" Sooyoung started shouting again. She had gotten quite used to her new environment now. Yoona tries to cover frantically, not wanting to disturb Taeyeon, but Sooyoung keeps on moving her hand away and continue to complain about her hunger. In the end, to solve the problem of that and to make Sunny stop worrying, Taeyeon decided to just go home. Sunny suggested that she will go back with Taeyeon to continue with the project, and at the same time, take care of the kids. Taeyeon didn't want to trouble her but she insisted, so Taeyeon agreed.

"Come on, kids. Let's go." Taeyeon carries Jessica up and the rest got down from the sofa. "Yah! Choi Sooyoung, don't run off without me!" The hungry shikshin started running right after Taeyeon told them to get going, dragging the doe-eye girl along of course. Sunny chased them, while Taeyeon gathered the rest of kids, asking them to follow her closely. She met up with Sunny, who is now carrying the two kids in her arms, at the car park.

"Let Yoongie down! Only I can touch her!" Sooyoung is screaming again, while trying to get down by pushing herself away from Sunny.

"Stop it, Youngie.. She's Taeyeon unnie's lover." Yoona frowned, and the two short girls got shocked by what she said. Both of them said nothing and blushed. Luckily, there's no one else around, in the car park.

"Y.. Yoona, d.. don't spout nonsense.." Taeyeon stammered, as she unlocks her car and open the door for Sunny. Sooyoung literally jumped onto the car seat, out of Sunny's arms, and she pulls Yoona beside her quickly. Tiffany climbs in quietly and Taeyeon put Jessica down, on Tiffany's lap. Yuri sat on the small space left on the second row of the car, and the last two got on the last row. On their way back, Taeyeon stopped in front of a street stall and went into buy their dinner from there, since she won't have time to cook and she won't want to waste anytime on cooking as well, when she is in a rush to complete her work. Driving at the fastest allowed speed, they got back home soon. Taeyeon hurried the kids into the house and into the kitchen, as she got them to wash their hands properly first as she spread out the food. "Sunny, sit here." She signalled to the short girl to sit at the seat at the front, which is her usual seat.

"What about you?" Sunny is reluctant to sit down. Probably because she seldom have guest, the number of chairs in the dining room match the number of kids she has, plus one more for herself.

"I'm eating in the living room so I can eat while I work on it. Come on, sit down." Taeyeon smiled and pulled the girl over, forcing her to sit down as she picks up a packet of rice for herself before walking away, into the living room. She settles down on the floor and started working on the project again, slightly neglecting her meal which is beside her. Sunny stares at her with a worried expression.

".. Do your unnie do that often?" Sunny turns to the one nearest to her, Seohyun, and asked.

"I... I don't know.. She didn't really adopt us for a long period of time and first few days after she did, she placed all her attention on us instead of her work..." Seohyun got surprised by the sudden question from the older girl whom she isn't familiar with. She only knows that she is Taeyeon's childhood friend. The one in the photographs. Sunny nodded, and stood up slowly, walking into the living room with her food too. "U..unn-" Seohyun wanted to stop the girl but Hyoyeon covered , telling her not to say anything. ".. B.. But Hyoyeon-unnie, it's unhealthy to work while you eat.." Seohyun frowned, pulling Hyoyeon's hand away from .

"Let them be, Seobaby." Yuri continues to eat. Jessica is just sleeping, on Tiffany's lap again, and the poor girl had to be real careful, not to drop anything on the blonde girl's head. Sooyoung and Yoona had already finished their meals, which is almost thrice the portion of what the others eat. Sooyoung started cuddling next to Yoona again, who did nothing but sit there and stare blankly. Meanwhile, the short girl in the living room turns her body slightly so that she can put a spoonful of rice into , and it was then she noticed that her friend is walking towards her, with her food in her hand.

"S.. Sunny, what are you doing? Go and eat at the dining table. It's more comfortable." Taeyeon almost got up, to push the girl back into the kitchen but the girl sits down really quickly.

"How can I relax when you are working so hard on OUR project? Come on, let's continue." Sunny gave her a cute eye smile, which made Taeyeon's heart skip a beat immediately. Turning around quickly to hide her already redden face, Taeyeon nodded, trying hard not to smile so obviously. She is, of course, happy that Sunny is here with her and even chose to eat with her in the living room, when eating at the dining table would be more comfortable. It reminds her of their childhood, when they always stick together for the whole day. "Stop smiling, Taengoo."

"H... Huh? Ah. Hehe." Taeyeon got flustered when she heard that but she ended up letting out a shy laugh, before continuing with their work while eating.