Chapter 28: Emotion Outburst

Childcare Chaos

 

“I’M SORRY BUT BOA NIM, PLEASE STOP HER BEFORE SHE REALLY KILLS HIM!!” Sooyoung screamed, and coughed badly. Hearing that, BoA ran to the doe-eye girl quickly and pulled her away from the guy covered in blood. The gangsters hurried to their leader immediately to check his condition. One more hit and his life might really end. As fast as they could, they carried him to the car and drove off to the nearest hospital. Meanwhile, BoA held on to the panting doe-eye girl, whose tensed up shoulders relaxed suddenly.

 

“Y… Yoona… What’s wrong…?” She asked, staring at the face of the girl worriedly.

 

“… Y… Youngie!!” Yoona ran to Sooyoung quickly, without answering BoA first. “Youngie….” Seeing how badly hurt her friend is, Yoona started crying again.

 

“… Hush, silly. I’m alright.” Sooyoung tries to sit up slowly, but her arms have no more strength left. Yoona pulls her up easily and into a hug. “Owww!!! Yoongie, it hurts!!”

 

“I… I’m so sorry, Youngie.. Yoongie is a bad girl. Yoongie hurts Youngie….” Yoona lets go of the girl quickly.

 

“…. No… Yoongie is a very good girl…” Sooyoung pats the girl gently, and wipes the tears on the girl’s face away.

 

“But Youngie… Why didn’t you fight back….? Didn’t you beat that ugly guy up the last time?” Yoona asked, sniffing occassionally.

 

“… Ugly?!” Jonghyun exclaimed. “YAH!”

 

“Nice unnie is strong. She saved Youngie. If not Youngie might leave Yoongie behind….” Tears started coming out again. “Youngie cannot leave Yoongie behind…. Youngie cannot leave Yoongie behind like Mummy and Daddy did…. Youngie cannot….”

 

“…. Y…. Yoongie….. I won’t.. I will never leave you behind, Yoongie… Please stop crying…” Sooyoung felt a tug in her heart as she listens to Yoona. She still couldn’t forget about her parents’ death. Yuri and Seohyun both bit their lips, upon hearing Yoona mentioning about their parents.

 

“Yoongie doesn’t want to see these red liquid. Red liquid separates Yoongie with Mummy and Daddy! Red liquid is bad!! Red liquid took Mummy and Daddy away from Yoongie!!” As the doe-eye girl starts to lose control of her emotion, she starts to scream loudly as she cries. She hits her own hands against the floor, wanting to wipe the blood on her hand away.

 

“STOP IT! Yoongie, stop it! Don’t hurt yourself! I won’t leave you! Stop hurting yourself!” Sooyoung hugs the girl quickly, holding her hands tightly to prevent her from hurting herself further. “Stop it, Yoongie…. Your parents won’t come back anymore. But I’m still here, and I won’t leave you behind….”

 

“Youngie….. Youngie, I miss Mummy…. I miss her smile, Youngie…..” Yoona hugs Sooyoung tightly. Tears continue to flow as memories flood back into her mind. The students watching felt sad just by watching the poor girl. Some even cried. Yuri approached the two girls and pulled Yoona away from Sooyoung.

 

Slap!

 

“YUL! What did you do that for?!” Sooyoung got surprised, badly, when the tanned girl slaps the doe-eye girl suddenly.

 

“Grow up, Yoong. Stop your childish act already! I’m sick and tired of seeing you like this. My heart… It hurts seeing you like that….” Yuri ignored Sooyoung completely and grabbed Yoona’s shoulders, shaking her slightly.

 

“….. I…. I miss them, Yul….” Yoona sniffed.

 

“I know… I miss them too. Seobaby as well… But we had to let it go, Yoong….” Yuri sighed.

“… I… I’m sorry, Yul….”

 

“Promise me. Never do it again. Just remember that they will always live in our hearts. Remember that smile that Mummy gave us at her last moment. She wants us to be safe and happy. Don’t let her down, Yoong…”

 

“A… Araso… I’m sorry, Yul….” With that, Yuri hugs her sister tightly, as her mind starts to bury those memories again.

-----

Few weeks later…
Once again, knowing that stubbornness and aegyo will allow her to follow her favorite friend around, Yoona managed to get Taeyeon and Yuri to agree to let her tag along when they come to school. However, the moment they get near to the school, the group of gangsters, with their leader who recovered from his injuries, begins to follow them around. To the extent when Yoona moves from a table to another in the classroom, they did the same as well.

 

“…. Y…. Youngie…. These guys are scary… They keep on following me, Youngie…” Yoona whined, as she hides behind the tall girl quickly.

 

“Sorry, boss. We will keep a distance from now on. Sorry for scaring you.” The gangsters bowed politely at the doe-eye girl and walked away.

 

“…. That guy really fulfilled the terms he set…” Sooyoung murmured, as she stares at those gangsters, not knowing if it’s a good thing or bad thing to have them following Yoona around.