Chapter 13: Memories

Childcare Chaos

Taeyeon and Sunny are running down the street, barging into stores on their way, trying to find the kids as soon as possible. But they just seem to be unable to find them. Taeyeon is about to give up and blame herself, when Sunny tugs on her sleeve suddenly.

“Taengoo, is it just me or there’s someone crying? Not just one but a few..” Sunny asked, looking around. The sound of the cars are drowning the crying sound away.

“I’m so sorry! Did I hurt you?” They can hear someone else apologising too.

Suddenly, Taeyeon seems to have pick up something with her ears, and she started running again. Surprised, Sunny followed quickly and soon, they both stop in front of the group of familiar looking kids. Three of them are crying. The triplets.

“KIDS!” Taeyeon screamed, rushing to their side and bringing the three kids into her embrace. “W.. what happen?”

“I.. I’m so sorry. My car went out of control and almost hit them...” The guy, who seems to be the driver, apologised again, showing the two girls a worried expression. Taeyeon kind of ignored him, as she continues to hug the three crying kids, wanting to comfort them as much as possible. But it don’t seem to be working at all. Those memories that they had managed to bury had come out again.

“Unnie... I.. I miss them, unnie...” Yuri sniffed, trying her best not to cry anymore.

“I.. I know, Yuri. I know...” Taeyeon pats her gently on her head, before looking at the rest of the kids. “Sooyoung. Hyoyeon.. I think you should know what to do, right?”

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon stare at the short girl for a moment, before nodding their heads. Taeyeon let go of the three kids, allowing Sooyoung to hug Yoona, and Hyoyeon to hug Seohyun, while she carries Yuri in her arms. She bows at the guy, before walking away, with the rest of the kids following behind her. Sunny bowed too, and ran after them, trying to keep up with their pace.

The doe-eye girl had not stop crying yet. Being the most mischievous of the three, she got the most attention from their parents in the past and it’s not a surprise that she feels much more attached to them than the other two. Losing both of them at once is a big blow to her, and it took her a longer time to actually bury those memories with happy thoughts. Right now, it’s just flowing out like there’s no tomorrow. The horrible images of her parents’ death.

“M.. Mummy... Daddy...” She whined, as she hugs the tall kid tightly.

“... Yoona, stop thinking about that and eat... Come on. It’s your favouri-” Sunny tried to get the kid to eat. It had been some while since they stop at a nearby food court, to eat. But the doe-eye girl didn’t even put anything into .

“Go away! I don’t want it! I want my mummy and daddy!” Yoona literally slapped the short girl’s hand away, shocking everyone. Ever since their parents are gone, she never act this way before. No one here, except for Yuri and Seohyun, had seen this side of her before.

“Im Yoona! Apologise right now!” Taeyeon didn’t even know why she did that for. She clearly knows that the kid is feeling really upset right now, and it won’t be good to flare up at her. But it was as though is acting on its own, shouting at the poor kid.

Yoona stares at her. Her tears don’t seem to be stopping at all. In fact, it seems to be getting worse. She jumped off her seat immediately and ran off, like what she did last year, when she first entered the orphanage.

“How can you shout at her, unnie!?” Sooyoung shouted, jumping off her seat as well. She grabbed something off the table and ran after the doe-eye girl.

“... W.. Why did I do that for?” Taeyeon frowned, getting up. “Bunny, help me take care of the rest. I’m going to find them..” Sunny nodded, and Taeyeon headed out quickly, hoping to find them soon. Meanwhile, Yoona squatted down behind a wall and hugged her legs, crying silently again.

“Yoongie..” This voice. It’s clear to the doe-eye girl who is it.

“... G.. go away.. Youngie..”

“... Here. Eat this.” Sooyoung stuff the food in her hand towards Yoona’s face. The moment Yoona looks up, she stuff it into and smiles. “You should know how rare it is for me to share my food, right?”

“.... Stop trying to reenact scenes... You always share your food with me, remember?” Yoona chews the food in slowly and swallows it.

“I will do it, if it can cheer you up.” Sooyoung hugs the doe-eye girl.

“... Thanks, Youngie..”

“Come on. There’s tons of food waiting for us to eat them!” Sooyoung grabbed Yoona’s hand and pulled her up, dragging her as she runs back to the food court. They ran past a familiar figure, but they didn’t notice it.

“Y.. Yoona!” It’s Taeyeon.

“W. .Wait. Isn’t that Taeyeon unnie?” Yoona turns her head after hearing her name being called, and saw the short girl behind them.

“Who cares. She’s the one who makes you cry. Ignore her!” Sooyoung replied, with no intention of stopping at all. Soon, they got back to where the rest are at, and they got on their seats. Sooyoung started stuffing food into Yoona’s mouth, earning a hit on her shoulder.

“Yah! I was calling the both of you just now!” Taeyeon came back, panting. Sooyoung stuck her tongue out at her immediately. “Y.. You!” That day, Sooyoung got grounded, even though it didn’t work. Since Yoona ended up helping her again.