Chapter 37: Pinky Promise, Pact Sealed

Childcare Chaos

 

GET ON THE SOONA TRAIN, PEOPLE.
[A/N] Ta-da~ Shall not spoil but here's something about Yoongie's condition~ :D And, a new way of 'sealing the pact' while doing pinky promises, invented by Yoongie (or maybe me or whatever~)
-----_____-----

 

The doe-eye girl clings tightly to the tall girl, not wanting to let go for even one second. It’s as though she has not seen the girl for a few years. When the tall girl went to bathe, she intended to follow but the tanned girl stops her.

 

“Youngie~ Youngie~” The doe-eye girl showed a tearful expression and puppy eyes as she reaches both her hands towards the tall girl who is about to enter the bathroom. It certainly shot down the girl’s heart with a Cupid’s arrow, as she finds it really cute that she wants to bring the girl into her arms at that very moment. Those eyes are pulling her in and her heart gives in almost instantly.

 

“E… Erm Yul… Maybe…” The tall girl blushed at the thought of sharing the same bath with Yoona since they have grown up now.

 

“… Soo…” Yuri sighed, knowing that the tall girl had given in to the puppy eyes of her sister. She didn’t know whether she should allow that or not. Yoona is still a ‘kid’ after all, so it might be alright. But it’s still a fact that they have grown, physically. Yoona is no exception.

 

“Yul~” Just when Yuri is hesitating, Yoona turns around with a pout and pleading look. It’s like a puppy pleading its owner to play with it.

 

“A… A… Araso!” Yuri sighed, letting go of Yoona and the latter hops towards the tall girl happily, jumping on her and clinging again. “Why does it seem like she becomes even more clingy to you, Soo?”

 

“I don’t know…” Sooyoung pats the doe-eye girl and both of them enter the bathroom together, locking the door behind them. Five minutes passed and those outside could hear the screaming of the tall girl. “BE CAREFUL, YOONGIE!!! WA… WAIT! NO YOU CANNOT TOUCH THIS PART!”

 

“… Unnie… Just what did you show her…?” Hyoyeon glanced over to the short woman, who is busy teasing her girlfriend with touches and kisses. “YAH!”

 

“H… Huh?! Wh.. What?” The short woman stops whatever she’s doing quickly and looks at Hyoyeon with a confused look.

 

“Nothing. Tch.” Hyoyeon looks away angrily. The bathroom became quiet all of the sudden. A little too quiet. The tall girl didn’t even know what happened but she’s now facing the Yoona that she doesn’t see usually. The mature Yoona.

 

“… What’s going on, Yoongie…?” Sooyoung grabs the girl’s hands, holding it tightly in hers. She doesn’t want to let go. It’s as though if she lets go, the girl will switch back to the childish side instantly.

 

“I don’t know. I don’t even know what’s going on, with the both of us in the bathroom…” Yoona replied, trying to cover up slightly.

 

“Yoongie, didn’t you know that you have a mental condition?”

 

“I did?”

 

“You are a kid, mentally…”

 

“Really!? I didn’t know. I mean, it feels as though I had been sleeping for all these years and waking up to see that we’re all grown up. I remember bits and pieces of our growing up process but I can’t piece them together, since it’s too vague. I remember I fought some idiots recently though.” Yoona sighed, as she tries to recall whatever happened but nothing much comes to her mind.

 

“As long as you stay in this state, I don’t mind spending days to tell you all about our growing process, Yoongie. Please, don’t sleep again. It’s really painful to see you being all childish, and didn’t even know what’s good for you, what’s bad for you… Unable to differentiate…”

 

“I… I’m sorry, Youngie… I promise I won’t sleep again, Youngie. I promise.” Yoona hugs the girl tightly, feeling sorry and sad. She didn’t know about her own condition, not to say whether she can switch as she likes or not. She pulls away from the hug slowly and extends her pinky towards Sooyoung. “Pinky promise, Youngie?”

 

“Pinky promise.” Sooyoung smiled, intertwining her pinky with Yoona’s and it came as a pleasant surprise when Yoona kisses her suddenly on her lips. It’s a long, sweet kiss, with their pinkies still intertwined. When they move away from each other, they can only smile. “Pact sealed.” Sooyoung added, and Yoona nodded happily.

 

“Please wake me up when I fall asleep, Youngie. I don’t want you to be sad or hurt.” Yoona hugs the girl again. Sooyoung nodded. It is then the doe-eye girl falls into her arms suddenly, as though her energy is gone completely and what greets her again is the kid. “Youngie~”

 

“… Yoongie…” Sooyoung sighed. Even though she had expected that the girl will switch back, she still feel sad and a little angry. “Aish. How can you fall asleep when bathing?”

 

“Heh heh~ sorry, Youngie~~” Yoona sticks out her tongue and grins childishly. “Help me wash, Youngie~”

 

“Huh what?” Sooyoung blushed instantly, when Yoona raised both her arms and stared at the tall girl innocently. Unable to take it anymore, Sooyoung’s nose started bleeding and soon, she fainted.