Chapter 14: Someone

Childcare Chaos

“Next time, don’t ever go out on your own again, understand?” Taeyeon said, looking at the seven kids in front of her, staring back at her. The kids nodded, and Taeyeon smiled. She carries the blonde girl, knowing that the girl is going to fall asleep soon, looking at her half closed eyes, and unstable pose. Tiffany situates herself beside the short girl almost immediately.

“Unnie, can we not go home?” Hyoyeon asked. “I’m bored, playing at home all day long...” Instantly, the rest of the kids gave her the hopeful look, with an additional puppy eyes, making her unable to object to that. She’s always weak when it comes to cute things, like the kids. She gave them her approval after hesitating so much. Of course, both she and Sunny had to go home and change first.

 

-----

 

The place they went to, is the mall. Since the kids never go to the mall before, it’s probably a good place to kill their boredom. People are staring at the two short girls, and the seven kids in front of them. Many females are squealing, wanting to hug the kids, but of course, who will let a stranger hug their kids? Taeyeon tries to keep them as close together as possible, but the difference in their interest make it hard for her to achieve that.

Sooyoung ran off, dragging Yoona along, the moment she spots a ice-cream shop. Seohyun, though she is usually obedient, ran off in another direction after she sees a toy shop, with Keroro merchandises inside. Hyoyeon followed after her. As a result, only two kids are in front of them now, and one in Taeyeon’s arms. Bringing Jessica and Tiffany along, Taeyeon ran to the ice-cream shop to get the two shikshins, while Sunny brings Yuri along to get the other two.

“I want a chocolate ice-cream! What do you want, Yoongie?” Sooyoung stood in front of the counter and shouted, making the employee looks around, trying to find the customer who is shouting. “... I’m here!” Seeing that the employee fails to find them, she shouted again.

“... Strawberry.” Yoona finally replied. Sooyoung nodded with a smile, before turning back to the guy behind the counter.

“A chocolate and a strawberry ice-cream please.”

“... Don’t kid with me, brats...” The guy frowned, thinking that these two are just some lost kids, trying to get free ice-cream. Before Sooyoung could say anything else, someone came and scolded the guy.

“Don’t call them brats, idiot!” It’s Taeyeon. She grabbed Sooyoung’s hand, and asked Sooyoung to hold Yoona’s, before leading them out of the shop. “Come on, kids. We will go to another shop to buy ice-cream.” The guy watched as the girl left the shop with the kids, lost for words. Indirectly, he had just chased a customer away, and that was seen by his manager. Now, he might need to think of an explanation.

“Unnie, what’s brat?” Yoona asked, as they continue to walk, heading to another ice-cream shop. Since she said that they are going to another ice-cream shop, she had to bring them there or the tall kid might start crying and grumbling again.

“... It’s not a nice word, Yoona. To use on kids like you.” Taeyeon replied, smiling at the doe-eye girl. Soon, they are standing in a ice-cream shop, and the tall kid are choosing the ice-cream happily, not bothering about the number of scoops that her share is going to have. She did the same for the doe-eye girl’s share too. The rest of the kids, and the two short girls, only have two scoops, while the two shikshins have nearly eight. It would be more if Taeyeon didn’t stop Sooyoung.

“Unnie, too much ice-cream is not good for your health.” Seohyun pointed out almost immediately after she sees the shikshins’ share of ice-cream.

“... Seohyun ah, too much Keroro is not good either.” Sooyoung stated, not happy about what Seohyun had said, and looking at the bag of Keroro merchandise in Sunny’s hand.

“Keroro is good! He fights bad guys!” Seohyun retorted. Sooyoung rolled her eyes, and ignored that, eating her ice-cream happily. Occasionally feeding Yoona too. The kids walk side by side, in front of the two short girls, eating their ice-cream quietly. Taeyeon managed to convince Sunny to hand over the bag of Keroro merchandise, so that Sunny can eat her ice-cream more conveniently.

As they stroll around the mall, occasionally running off in different directions again, Sooyoung stopped suddenly. Yoona crashed into her, being unable to stop in time.

“I.. I’m sorry, Youngie! B.. because you stopped suddenly...” Yoona pulls the tall kid up, noticing that the gaze of the tall kid is fixed on something, or rather, someone. A frown replaced the smile on the shikshin’s face, and tears started to form again. Confused, Yoona tries to follow Sooyoung’s line of vision but the tall kid ran off without any warning. Just before she is about to follow, someone stopped her. Someone that looks kind of similar to the shikshin.