Their Past - Yuri, Yoona and Seohyun

Childcare Chaos

(Mainly about Yoona)
The lights shone brightly into the room of the triplets, and the youngest one is the first to get up. She climbs out of her bed slowly, being careful not to fall. She’s just four, but she isn’t like any other kids. She is never childish, though her age. Never once their parents have to worry for her.

“Unnie, time to get up..” She shook the tanned girl lightly. “And stop sleeping with your tongue out.. You might bite yourself accidentally.” The tanned girl opens her eyes slowly, and sits up lazily, rubbing her eyes. Seeing that the tanned girl is already up, the little girl walks towards the other one. “Unnie, breakfast is ready.”

“Breakfast~” The sleeping girl shot up almost immediately after hearing the word, breakfast. But when she realises that her sister is just lying to her, she attempted to continue sleeping but the tanned girl stopped her.

“Yoona, it’s time to get up already. Remember? We are going to play today.” The tanned girl pulls the girl’s pillow away, preventing her from lying back on it.

“... Okay..” Lazily, the doe-eye girl got out of her bed and the three of them walk out of their room together.

“Wow. My babies are up already~” Their mother gave them a beautiful smile, the moment she sees them. They like it when their mother smiles at them. For them, it was the most beautiful smile ever, and they love it. They love their mother and father a lot. “Are you done washing up?” They nodded, smiling. “Good girls~ Come, let mummy gives you a hug~” She squatted down and hugged the three kids tightly.


.....

“Buckle up properly, girls.” Their father got behind the steering wheel, as their mother settles them beside herself at the back seats. They cuddle as close to her as possible, making her smile again. She pulled the seat belt across the three of them, and make sure that it’s tight but not uncomfortable for them. Soon, they are on their way, to the movie theater. Nearly 20 minutes since they are on the road, their mother loses her smile suddenly. “.. Dear, this might be bad.”

“... I think I know, hubby..” Their mother started looking around for something, and covering the three kids with some objects. It confuses the kids. They didn’t know why their mother is acting like this suddenly. “Let the kids be safe at least...”

“I.. I will try.. But the car is really out of control.. There’s a pole right ahead..” Their father let go of the steering wheel suddenly. “It’s probably.. time for us to go..”

Crash. The kids blinked. They are still unclear of what had happened, and it’s quite dark to them. Something dripped on Yoona’s hand, making her look up and saw their mother’s face above the pile of things around them, which their mother had placed just now. She looks like she is trying to cover them from something. Dark red liquid is dripping from their mother’s body, on to their hands and legs.

“... M.. Mummy..?” Yuri called out. Neither of them have a good feeling about this. “Daddy..?” There was silence. They look at their mother’s face again. She’s smiling. She’s giving them the same sweet smile that they love. The smile that they will never get to see again.


-----

“Their parents died in a car accident. The car went out of control suddenly, and end up crashing into a pole. Their mother had managed to save them from getting injured with her body..” The policeman brought them to a unfamiliar place filled with children. None of them cares to look at their surrounding, even though they didn’t know where are they. But they do know one thing. Their parents are gone. Their parents had left them. Forever.

“What’s your name?” The lady who seems to be in charge of the place squatted down in from of them and asked. Being a sensible kid, Seohyun answered, and Yuri tries to hide her emotion. She felt that, as the oldest of the three, she shouldn’t affect their feeling. But Yoona seems unwilling to hide it any longer. She didn’t want to fake it. Without waiting for the lady to reply Seohyun, the doe-eye girl ran away, surprising the other two.

“Y... Yoona!” Yuri shouted, running after her, and Seohyun followed. The lady got up and did the same, not wanting them to get hurt. She knows that they would be unstable, mentally. After all, losing both their parents just like that has a great impact on them. Despite the fact that Yuri is shouting her name, Yoona continues to run, and tears start to flow. Soon, she stopped behind a wall and sat down, hugging her legs and cried silently. Yuri couldn’t find her at all. “Yoona.. W.. Where are you?”

After a short while, silence came. It’s clear to Yoona that they are gone, but she didn’t feel like getting out of her ‘hiding’ place. She just want to cry in silence now. She misses them badly. She misses her parents. She wants to see her mother’s smile again, but she knows she can’t. There’s no way her mother will be able to smile for her again. She will never see them again.

“What are you doing?” Someone came and asked. It doesn’t sound like Yuri nor Seohyun. Neither do it sound like the lady from just now. She looks up slowly, and saw a tall kid in front of her, with a packet of potato chips in her hand. “... Wait. Are you crying..?” The tall kid squatted down immediately.

“.. G.. go away...” Yoona hides her face instantly.

“.. Here. Eat this. I bet it will cheer you up.” The tall kid offered her the packet of potato chips with a smile. Seeing that the doe-eye girl is hesitating, the tall kid grabbed a bunch of chips and literally stuffed it into the girl’s mouth, surprising her. “It’s my first time sharing my food, you know. Give me some face...” Quietly, Yoona munched on the chips and swallowed it. “.. It’s all over your face, pabo..” The tall kid uses her own hand to wipe the crumbs beside Yoona’s mouth. “I’m Sooyoung. What’s your name?”

“... Y.. Yoona..”

“That’s a nice name. Very suitable for your cute face.” Sooyoung smiled. “Come, show me a smile. As a repay to my kindness, show me a smile.”

Yoona stares at Sooyoung blankly, thinking that this kid is seriously weird. But she smiled anyway.

“There! See? It’s good. Smiling is good. Isn’t your mood better now?” Sooyoung patted her continuously. Yoona couldn’t disagree. After this tall kid came and disturbed her silence, her mood indeed improved a lot. And the smile, she didn’t force it. It’s a natural smile. “Come on. Let’s get more food.” Sooyoung grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet, dragging her down the corridor.

“Yoona!” Yuri spotted them almost immediately. Yoona heard it, and she’s pretty sure Sooyoung heard it too, but Sooyoung seems to have no intention in stopping.

“M.. My sister is calling me..” Yoona spoke.

“I know. But cheering you up is more important. Come~” Sooyoung grinned, running even faster. Yuri finally got to where those two are at, and she saw the two of them sitting on the floor, eating. Yoona is smiling widely, and laughing whenever Sooyoung made a funny comment.

“Is Yoona unnie here..?” Seohyun came, and noticed the two girls almost immediately. She wanted to call out to Yoona but Yuri stopped her.

“It’s alright, Seobaby. She’s fine now.”

“Mm? It’s rare to see Sooyoung sharing food..” The lady appears suddenly, behind the two kids. “Well, I guess your sister got a friend already. Shall we go and make new friends now?” The lady smiles at them, and they nodded, following the lady to where the other kids are at.