Chapter 16: Tag

Childcare Chaos

It’s almost midnight when they got home and the kids are still full of energy. Taeyeon’s uncle had allow them to stay and watch the filming but the girl decided to leave after a while as she wanted to let the kids rest.

“Tag! Seohyun, you’re it!” Hyoyeon taps the shoulder of the maknae suddenly and ran away quickly, followed by the others. Seohyun is left alone to stand there, dumbfounded. She looks around carefully, analysing the situation, thinking of the difficulties that she would have according to each kid’s speed and hiding place. Just then, someone caught her eyes. She approaches that person casually and taps her on the shoulder.

“Tag. Sica unnie, you’re it.” And she runs away before Jessica could react. Jessica let out a sigh as she stretches her lazy body, before she starts to pout, making a certain kid fidgets.

“Fany ah~” Jessica whined as she welcomes Tiffany into her embrace with open arms. The moment her hands touch the girl, Jessica pulls away quickly and escaped. “Tag! Fany, you’re it!”

“J.. Jessi~!” Now, it’s Tiffany’s turn to pout. Probably because she felt bad about tricking Tiffany, Jessica walks back to hug the girl. “Tag. Jessi, you’re it.”

“Tag. Fany, you’re it.”

“Tag. Jessi, you’re it.”

“Tag. Fany, you’re it.”

And that went on for nearly five minutes. Irritated by the two, Sooyoung walks near them to be surprised as the blonde girl taps her suddenly.

“TAG! Sooyoung, you’re it!” Jessica shouted and ran off with Tiffany, hand in hand.

“YAH!” Sooyoung screamed. She starts to look around for a target and her expression soon changes when she couldn’t find one. It’s obvious that she might cry if this goes on. “Yoongie~” She whined. Looking at the situation and thinking that the game is gonna end like this, the doe-eye girl emerged from her hiding place and approaches the tall girl.

“You’re such a-” Yoona stopped beside the tall girl with a poker face. She was about to hug the girl when a hand reached out and hits her hand gently.

“Tag! You’re it!” Sooyoung went to hide immediately, right after she got the doe-eye girl. Yoona kept quiet as she looks in Sooyoung’s direction. Knowing that the girl is looking at her, she turns away with a frown, indicating that she’s upset and is going to ignore the tall kid from now on. Sooyoung flinched when she saw that.

“Y... Yoongie...” Sooyoung calls out timidly and received no response. “Yoongie...” Still no response. Worried that Yoona will ignore her forever, Sooyoung rushes to Yoona’s side and hugs her. “I’m sorry, Yoongie~ Don’t ignore me~”

Yoona pushes the girl away and runs away, shouting. “Tag! You’re it!”

“Yoongie!!” Sooyoung screamed as she realised that she had been tricked.

“Serve you right for tricking me!” Yoona stuck her tongue out at the tall kid playfully. The kids ran around the whole house, with lots of screaming and shouting. Even the lazy blonde girl is running with them. Taeyeon came out from the room, with Sunny following behind, surprised to see the blonde girl being so active. However, she still needs to stop the game.

“Kids, get into the bathroom.” She carries the kid nearest to herself, which happens to be the maknae. “Look at you, all sweaty and smelly.”

“What time is it now, unnie?” Seohyun asked, wrapping her arms around Taeyeon’s neck.

“It’s one plus already, Seohyun. So let’s bathe and go to bed.” Taeyeon replied, signalling to the kids to hurry up and get into the bathroom.

“Ehh?! Better be quick, unnie! Skin cells repairing time is going to end soon!” Seohyun exclaimed, surprising the short girl. But Taeyeon is not going to question her about it. Sunny is already helping the kids to remove their clothes. Putting the girl in her arms down, Taeyeon closes the door.