Chapter 01: Introduction

Childcare Chaos

 

"Yah! Choi Sooyoung! Stop taking the potato chips out yourself and finishing them in one shot!" The short girl snatched the bag of potato chips away.

"But.. but it's for Yoongie.." Tears starts to form in Sooyoung's eyes, and soon, she was crying loudly. A doe-eye girl appeared in the kitchen instantly and hugged her, patting her on the head. "Yoongie.. Unnie doesn't allow me to give you that pack of potato chips.."

"It's okay, Youngie.. Taeyeon-unnie is stingy.." The doe-eye girl continues to pat the crying girl, as she holds her hand and lead her out of the kitchen. As soon as these two went out, another came in, crying.

"Unnie... Hyoyeon-unnie took my Keroro doll and refuses to return it to me.." The girl cried, pointing to the one standing outside the kitchen. The girl sticks her tongue out, and ran away. The crying girl gave a chase immediately, forgetting the fact that she was complaining just now.

The short girl stood in the kitchen, with the bag of potato chips in her hand, and sighed. "Maybe it's a bad idea to adopt so many of them.." And she exits from the kitchen, looking at the mess in the living room, caused by the seven kids in the house. In fact, five, since one is sleeping and the other is taking care of the sleeping one.

"My parents always say that having children is a pleasure. So Taengoo, when we grow up, let's have a lot of children, okay?"

Suddenly, a small and familiar voice hit her mind. Her face darken, as she got reminded of the promise made by her childhood friend, whom she misses so much. She took that promise seriously, and that explains why these seven kids are fooling around in her house. At first, she wanted to just adopt some, not seven. But for some reason, those that she wanted to adopt, were followed by the rest. For example, the doe-eye girl is followed by the slightly taller one. The one with a Keroro plush is followed by the little prankster, and the one with a beautiful eye smile is followed by a sleepy head. The tanned one followed because both of her sisters are getting adopted. So, the plan of just adopting three failed, when the other four keep on standing outside the office, staring at her, sending signals through their eyes, asking her to adopt them too. She still remember that the taller kid once said this to her. "Yoongie and I come as a package. If you are adopting her, you will have to adopt me too." She also remember laughing, thinking that that kid is cute. She even ask what kind of package it was, and the kid answered, "the Shikshin package." At first, she did not understand, but now she do. Those two are really shikshins. The tanned one, is the oldest of the triplet, and the one with the Keroro plush is the youngest. They are all of the same age though.

"Yah.. Sooyoung. Here, if you want it.." The short girl called out to the taller kid, giving her the bag of potato chips. The face of the kid brighten up immediately, as she jumped of the sofa and snatched the packet over, before running to the doe-eye girl and giving it to her.

"Yoongie! I got it. Here!" The kid shouted happily. The doe-eye girl smiled and patted her again, before giving her a kiss on the cheek. It was not surprising for the short girl though, since they are all kids and those two had been really close. And they reminded her of her childhood friend and herself. This also reminded her of what the taller kid said to her, once again, when she told them they reminded her of herself when she was their age.

"It can't be. Yoongie is so cute and you are not cute at all." And on that day, the taller kid got punished. No snacks for the whole day. That was enough to punish this shikshin. But it did not work out, since the doe-eye girl ended up sharing her snacks with her. These kids seem to be pairing themselves up with one another. Except for one. The tanned girl. Currently, the tanned girl trying to get the Keroro plush from the little prankster.

"Yah! Kim Hyoyeon! Return Seobaby her Keroro!" She shouted, as she makes attempt to snatch the plush. She eventually grabbed the leg of the plush, and a mini tug-o-war commenced. It stopped when the tearing sound was heard, indicating that the leg is going to come off soon if they continue. The little prankster let go of the plush immediately and ran away. The tanned girl looked at the slightly torn plush in her hand, then to her youngest sister.

"I'm sorry, Seobaby.. It's torn.." The tanned girl gives the girl the plush, looking down.

"It's okay, unnie.. Taeyeon-unnie will mend it for me.. Thanks." She took the plush and hugged her sister.

This girl had been calling the others unnie, even though they are all of the same age. It seems that she had gotten too used to it, and since she is the youngest of the group. After letting go of her sister, she ran to the short girl, handing the plush to her. "Taeyeon-unnie.. can you help me fix this?"
Taeyeon smiled and took the plush, before putting a hand on the top of the head of the little girl, and walking into her room to get her sewing kit. It took her less than two minutes to finish the job, since the tear is not too serious. She gave the plush back to the kid, who took it happily and ran off, before standing up from the seat to keep the sewing kit. It was then, when she saw the picture again, on the drawers. The picture of her childhood friend and herself. She wanted to hold it in, but the tears forced their way out.

"... Unnie, are you crying?" Suddenly, a small voice reaches her ear. It is Seohyun, with the plush in her hand.

When did she comes in..?  Taeyeon is slightly shocked. "No.. Something gets into my eyes.." And she starts to wipe the tears away, not wanting the kids to see it. The kid ran away and came back with a piece of tissue paper in her hand, and she gave it to Taeyeon. Taeyeon smiled, and took it, using to wipe her tears. Seohyun, despite being a kid, has always being so kind and considerate towards others, including the little prankster who bully her so much. Bullying is probably a way the little prankster uses to show her love for the others, since showing affection might be hard for her. Taeyeon holds the hand of the little girl and lead her out of the bedroom, into the living room and sat down on the sofa, with the girl on her lap. She was careful not to make the sofa move too much when sitting down, since there is one sleeping on it, on the lap of the other one.

"Unnie, can you make them shut up? Jessi is sleeping her and they are so noisy.. Especially Hyoyeon and Yuri.. They are bickering too much.." The girl beside her said, while the hair of the sleeping girl on her lap.

"It's going to be alright, Tiffany. You should know that nothing can wake Jessica up from her sleep.." Taeyeon patted the girl, who smiled in return, showing her the beautiful eye smile that make her wants to adopt her that time.

"Why did you adopt so many of us, unnie?" Suddenly, Seohyun asked, with a innocent, cute face.

"I wanted to adopt only three, but the other four came along..." Taeyeon looked away, with a slightly annoyed expression.

"Then why did you want to adopt us? You are alone.."

"It's to fulfil a promise, Seohyun. I made a promise to my friend before, saying that we will have a lot of children and take care of them together."

"Then where is your friend, unnie?"

"... I.. don't know.. I'm still looking for her.." Taeyeon's expression got noticeably darker.

"... Unnie.. Do you miss her?"

"... Yes, I do. I miss her a lot.."

"Keep going, unnie. I believe that you will eventually find her if you keep on wishing." The kid smiled and jumped off from her lap, joining the tanned girl and the prankster, attempting to stop them from quarrelling. The doe-eye girl and the taller kid are still eating the potato chips, feeding each other for a few times, and wiping the little crumbs on each other's face. The tanned girl stopped fighting with the prankster, and the sleeping one, is still sleeping despite all these thing happening in the house. Taeyeon had been wondering, when does this girl wakes up.

"Does she even wake up?" Taeyeon asked, suddenly, pointing to the sleeping girl.

"Yea. When she sleep for 16 hours, she will." Tiffany replied.

"And when is that..?" Taeyeon looked at the clock, and back to the two. She did not know when this girl started sleeping.

"One more hour."

Taeyeon nodded, and continue to sit on the sofa, staring into blank space. She could not do anything. If she is do clean up the house now, it will get messy soon. And they just had their lunch, and other than the sleeping girl, no one else seem to feel sleepy at all. And since it is Saturday, she does not need to go to work. So, the day, is boring.