WHAT?

Will There Be A Right Time?

 

Two days later. The day of your operation. Everyone was so nervous. Dr. Lee went inside your room to check if your body is okay for the surgery. While doing that, Sandeul tried to contact his Jinyoung hyung to update what will gonna happen to you in a few hours.

 

Hyung?”

Sandeul. Are you okay? What about Chae Rin?” Jinyoung asked with his worried voice.

She will have her brain surgery in less than an hour. I can't stay calm. I am so scared.” He sighed.

In less than an hour? OMO!! Hey, Lee Sandeul, stay calm. Be strong for her. I'll tell the others, manager and the CEO. Don't worry, we'll pray for her. Call us what will happen huh. Be strong, we know that Chae Rin can overcome this. She's a strong girl.”

Yeah, okay. I need to hang up.”

 

Your check up was done and being prepared to be transferred to the operating room. Dr. Lee told them that the operation will really take long hours. She told them to be prepared once again and pray. They all headed to the operating room to accompany you first then they closed the doors already. Operation had started.

 

At first, they were all calm down except for Sandeul. They sat on the waiting area first with their serious faces. Kyeongmin and Hee Jin went to their classes that time and we'll be back after dismissal. Zico was accompanying Sandeul while your parents were together. Few hours had passed, none of the doctors were coming out. Your parents decided to go to the chapel to talk to God while Zico was still accompanying Sandeul. He couldn't stay calm anymore. He kept on walking back and forth, peeking on the window as if he could see you.

 

Jiho.”

Wae?”

I am really scared.”

If you are scared, I am scared too. She is my sister. We almost spend our lives with each other. She's my missing half, just to mention. You didn't know how much I take care of my twin sister when we're not close to our parents back then. I'm so hurt seeing her like that. I could feel her pain. We're like one person so I should be strong for her since I know she's being strong for us. FOR YOU, Junghwan. I know how much she loves you. I know how much she's hurt being away from you. And what more, I know she's hurt seeing you like this because of her.”

 

Sandeul's tears were about to fall but. “Don't cry. Don't cry. Hold back those tears. Let it be tears of joy when she get to be okay. Don't worry, they will do everything for our precious Chae Rin.”

 

Sandeul nodded and sat down on the waiting area and your parents came back from the chapel. Still none of the doctors were coming out. Few hours had passed again, it was already afternoon. Didn't expect that operation will be that long. Kyeongmin and Hee Jin were back from their classes already. Hoping that the operation was finished but not. Suddenly, the door opened. All eyes were focused on the door.

 

UMMA!” Sandeul called her mom as she went out of the door and rushed to her. Then everyone followed Sandeul. Your parents were so nervous on what might happened.

Dr. Lee.” Your mom asked her.

For now. We didn't know what might happen but her vital signs are okay for now. We're going to transfer her to the ICU for monitoring.”

When will she wake up, Dr. Lee?” Zico asked her.

That's what we don't know. Let's just wait and hope that she'll be fine. I did my best along with the doctors inside. I need to go back now.”

 

Then Sandeul suddenly was out of the conversation. His mom found him looking through the glass on the door. Checking if you look fine. His mom rubbed his back then went inside the operating room again. Less than an hour, you're already on the ICU and can be visited. Again, Sandeul became scared. He didn't know if he'll go in or what. He wanted to hug you but fear is really eating him up. What if something happened to you when he go near you. They just stayed outside first as they look through the glass window. Few hours had passed again, still waiting for you to wake up.

 

Sandeul almost kissed the window because of his forever stare at you. Your fingers moved. Like what happened before, Sandeul was the one who saw it.

 

UMMA! APPA! Her fingers are moving. Let's go inside.” He said it with eyes wide open. They all followed Sandeul. All of them are inside the room. Sandeul went near you and hold your hand if you'll response again. “Chae Rin-a. Hold my hand if you could hear me. This is Junghwan.” They were all looking at your hand and in a few minutes, it responded. All smile! Your mom was tearing up while smiling. They all gathered around you, hoping that you'll open your eyes this time.

 

Chae Rin, baby. Umma here.” You then slowly opened your eyes and you could see everyone though very blurred. Sandeul wondered how could you see if you got blind already but on the other hand, that was so precious. You're smiling also the moment you recognized each faces around you.

 

Um...ma.” The moment you called your mom, she even cried more and touched your face.

A..ap...appa...” Your dad smiled at you with relief.

Jiho. Jiho.” You called for Zico.

Baby sister!” Zico responded.

Hee Jin-a. Chingu jjang~” They all laughed on how you called Hee Jin.

Kyeongmin dongsaengi. Noona here.”

Noona....”

Mrs. Seo.”

Chae Rin, please be well.”

 

You almost called everyone on the room except for Sandeul, he was still holding your hand. He felt a little bit hurt but he just understand your situation. You suddenly removed your hand from his hand. Sandeul was shocked by that. He wanted to hold it again but then you tried to raise it and tried to reach for his face. Sandeul was crying already so he tried to lean closer, hold your hand and put it on his face.

 

Junghwan.....” Sandeul even tried to brush your hand on his face, longing for your touch.

Chae Rin. Baby.”'m here. Are you okay now?” You gave him your why-baby face.

Saranghamnida Woo Chae Rin.” He took advantage of the time.

 

Sandeul uttered those precious words. You smiled sweetly at him and that was the sweetest smile you gave to Sandeul. He was waiting for your respond of course.

 

Na...do...........”

 

Sandeul saw how you slowly closed your eyes after saying that word. Your hand was lifeless already. It fell on the bed. Sandeul was in state of shock while looking at you.

 

No. no, Chae Rin. Hey! Chae Rin. Call umma no. Call her! Chae Rin- ah.”

 

Sandeul was screaming as he tried to wake you up. Kyeongmin and Hee Jin called the doctors especially Dr. Lee. Your mom almost fainted that's why your dad tried to calm her down. Zico was in panic also and so as Mrs. Seo. Sandeul was sobbing, touching your face, your hair, shaking you shoulder and squeezing your hand.

 

Chae Rin!”

 

The doctors finally came. All were requested to leave the room as they are trying to revive you. Zico was so mad for he was able to punch the wall while crying. It's his twin sister. Very normal to act that way. Kyeongmin was hugging his mom and he was also crying. Of course, he loves Chae Rin not just only as noona. He even sacrificed his love for you because he knows that you love somebody. Your dad was trying to calm your mom more because she couldn't take what she's seeing anymore. Few minutes later, Dr. Lee mom came out.

 

She's gone. I'm sorry.”

 

Sandeul's world had crushed. He didn't know what to do. He fell on his knees. Good thing, Hee Jin caught him and tried to help him get up.

 

This can't be. UMMA! What are you saying? Take back all your words! Don't fool us. DON'T FOOL ME.”

Junghwan, she's gone.”

UMMA, this is not a good joke. You told me that you will do everything. Mom, that's Chae Rin. You cannot just let her like that! Ummmaaa.”

 

Sandeul rushed to your deathbed. He pulled you out of the bed and hugged you.

 

Hey. Chae Rin! I love you. Answer me. Wake up. Don't leave me. Don't leave me like this. Hey. Chae Rin. What about our plans? How can I do it all by myself? What about us? Why this early? Why? DON'T LEAVE ME. How can I live? Chae Rin!!! Please. WOO CHAE RIN. DON'T BE TOO UNFAIR! We promised to each other, right? Tell me this is just a joke. Open your eyes, smile at me again.”

 

He even sobbed harder as your mom tried to stop him.

 

WHY?”  That's all he could say after everything sunk in his mind. You're gone.