You Are Unfair

Will There Be A Right Time?

 

He decided to open his eyes and looked slowly at you. The moment he saw your condition, he burst out his tears. You lying on the hospital bed and you seemed lifeless. He just can't take what he's seeing. He's calling out your name. “Chae Rin. Why are you like that? You are so unfair! YA! CHAE RIN!!” He was even shaking your shoulders for you to wake up. Continuously touching your face, your hair and calling your name.

 

CHAE RIN!! HEY! We have our plans. Don't be like this. It's so hard for me to see you like this. Please. Get up. CHAE RIN-A. PLEASE!! I AM HERE NOW. SEE, I AM WITH YOU. I love you, you know that. Please. Come on! Answer me. What about us? Don't be like this. Don't be. I would rather die seeing you here.”

 

Your mom was crying while watching Sandeul. She never thought of him to be like that and she could really feel how much Sandeul loves you. His mom too, he hated seeing his son like that. He couldn't even take a look at him. Your dad went near him but then Sandeul fell down on his knees weeping.

 

CHAE RIN!!”

Junghwan, Junghwan. Calm down. Calm down for awhile. Have a seat there.” Your dad managed to help him.

That's why I don't want to go inside first, appa. That's what I tell you. I really can't. Really.”

 

Your father got a chair for Sandeul and placed it near your bed so he could stay beside you always. He didn't care of the others as long as he's beside you. He was holding your freehand all the time. While your family started to talk with Dr. Lee.

 

Dr. Lee, is it really not 100% sure that the surgery will work? Maybe we can try other treatments or diagnosis for her.” Your dad asked.

Sorry Mr. Woo but this is the best treatment but still, it's not 100% sure that our Chae Rin will gonna be okay. I'm doing my best and even trying to contact other best brain surgeon for her. It's all in the hands of the Lord.”

But, Dr. Lee. She won't die right?” Your brother Zico asked.

It will still depend on her body response.”

 

Sandeul was just looking at his mom with his pity eyes. “So please be prepared in two days. Whatever happen, we need to accept it. Let's just pray and hope all the good will come to her. Chae Rin is like my daughter also and I will not abandon her. Will really do anything for her.” Your dad tried to comfort your mom and so as Zico. While Sandeul tighten his grip to your hand, after a few minutes, he felt that you tighten your grip to his hand also. With that..

 

CHAE RIN!!” He stood up and tried to observe you.

Junghwan, why?” Your mom asked.

I felt it, I felt it!!”

Felt what?” They said in chorus.

Rin responded to my hand. She tighten her grip also. I felt it. Believe me.”

 

They just looked at each other and they didn't know if they gonna believe him or not but to Sandeul,you really did it. “Believe me! Do you think I still have time to joke?” Dr. Lee motioned to him and asked him to keep calm and just sit down. His shoulders deflated for they didn't believe him.

 

Do you want to eat baby? Let's go out and eat first for you to stay calm.”

I am not hungry umma. She needs me. I am okay here. Go on.”

Are you sure?”

Yes.”

Okay. We'll just buy you food when we got back here huh.”

 

He nodded and they all went out to eat. Sandeul was now alone with you. He still kept on talking to you as if you were responding on his every little talk. He was brushing your hand to his face because he missed your touch so much. Suddenly, the door opened but Sandeul didn't care. It was Kyeongmin and Hee Jin. They were both shocked to see him for they didn't expect that he would really come.

 

Sandeul?” Hee Jin called. Sandeul turned his back to check who called him. When he found out that it's Hee Jin and Kyeongmin, he quickly greeted them in a weak voice. “I didn't know that you're really coming.” Sandeul just smiled and stared at you. Hee Jin and Kyeongmin pulled chairs and placed it near your bed so they could have a talk with Sandeul. They talked so many things about you and what happened to Sandeul after he had his stay on Philippines back then. Of course, they couldn't help but cry as they share stories about you. Then they all gazed at you. Tears rolled down from your eyes. Sandeul's heart was being stabbed seeing you like that. He kissed those tears away as he pats your head also.