Poor Chae Rin

Will There Be A Right Time?

 

You gave him a reassuring smile. You then headed in front of your building and sat on the grass. The place was a bit romantic because of the lights. Those people staying on that place were mostly couples so it's not embarrassing to be there. The weather that time is a bit cold so it's nice to stay there. Sandeul sat down and he offered his hand to you as help while you sat down. “I'm leaving tomorrow.” You looked at him with sad eyes. He then asked you to lay down your head on his lap. He stoke your hair and touched your face. He looked up first then shifted his look at your face.

 

Tomorrow, I'll be B1A4 Saneul again when I get back to Korea. We'll not see each other again everyday. Promise that we'll gonna communicate everyday huh. I promise that to you. I wish you'll get used to that as time goes by. Stay strong always, I'm not always beside you even if I want to. I wish you understand my situation.”

 

You closed your eyes.

 

I wish you understand that even though I'm not with you always, I will love you forever. We'll be planning our marriage in a short while. I am excited for that and B1A4 is looking forward also. I'm gonna miss you, babe. I'm gonna miss Woo Chae Rin. If I have the chance to visit you here again, I will! I promise that I'll be here on the day of your surgery. I will not forgive myself if I'm not with you at that time. “

 

Still eyes closed, you pouted and Sandeul knew that you were holding back your tears again. He moved his face closer to yours and kissed your right eye. “It will go back to normal.” Then he kissed you on your forehead. You opened your eyes. You were so touched on what he just said. You felt like crying but then you wanted to appear strong even for once. Still with your eyes closed.

 

Junghwan.”

Ne?”

I love you.”

 

Right after you said those words, you felt something wet falling on your face. You opened your eyes and saw that he was crying. Your heart melted again. You get up and hugged him and rested your chin on his shoulder.

 

You take care of yourself there, babe. I do not know if I can still go back there and if time permits me. Don't know what to say now. I just want to hug you and feel your warmth. Junghwan. Watch Zico and appa for me. Please.”

Why do you sound like saying goodbye?”

Because you're going back there and I'm going also.”

Babe! We'll be seeing each other again and you know that. We'll start planning our wedding.”

 

You just smiled at him then your phone beeped.

 

From Umma

Babe. You two go back to Dr. Lee's room. I am here already.

 

Sandeul get up and offered his hand to you as help. “Kaja, baby.” You gave your hand and stood up then headed to Dr. Lee's room. When you arrived there, you greeted your mom and his mom then sat down. Dr. Lee started explaing.

 

Chae Rin. Brain surgery requires long rest. You need to be prepared and have enough rest before the operation and after also. And it will be on the next month.”

Next month?” You got shocked and Sandeul squeezed your hand.

Ne, Chae Rin. It's so hard to say this but I am sorry because you are not getting.....”

What umma?” You get nervous.

You are not getting any better that's why I immediately scheduled your operation.”

 

You broke down and cried. “Rin!” Sandeul got shocked at you. He then caught you before you fell on your knees. “UMMA!”  Sandeul scolded his mom. “Rin! You will not go to school this sem. You need to stop for your operation.” Your mom painfully said that to you. “No, mom. Please no! Why? Umma! I want to graduate soon, I feel so old now and I am still freshman and now you are telling me to stop. Umma why? Why are you doing this to me? Why things are so hard for me? Wae? Tell me!”

 

Your mom and Dr. Lee didn't want to see you like that. They felt like being stabbed and cursed by your words but even then couldn't do anything about it. They both tried to hold back their tears for you. You broke Sandeul's hug and kept on nagging everyone while on your attempt to get up. That's the very first time they saw you complained like that. Your mom was just closing her eyes as she tried to absorb every hurtful words that comes out of your mouth. “Why are you making my life hard? If I am going to die, why not now? Why make me suffer like this?” Sandeul was so hurt on what you said and he suddenly hugged you so tight and subbed. “Chae Rin. Stop. Stop! Stop saying those.” He kept on repeating those words to you. You didn't know what to do and you just found yourself staring blankly, tears flowing endlessly.

 

I want to die......now.” You suddenly uttered those words causing everyone to get shocked. You slowly fell down on your kneed. This time, Sandeul was just staring down at you with his pity eyes. In few minutes, he went out of the room. You screamed after that, your mom knelt down. “Baby. Stop it. Calm down.” Your mom helped you get up and proceeded to the carpark. Sandeul was just standing beside the door. He then followed you and your mom and Dr. lee also after securing her room.

 

On the trip going home, Dr. Lee sat beside the driver's seat and your mom was the one driving. You and Sandeul at the back part. He hugged you all through the trip as you were sleeping. Dr. Lee was so sad for his son because of their situation. Your mom checked you on the rear view mirror and saw Sandeul wiping his tears as he was looking through the window.

 

I admire your son, Dr. Lee.” Your mom told her and she just nodded with sad eyes. You finally arrived at the house. Kyeongmin was already sleeping, only Mrs. Seo was the only awake. Sandeul talked to your 3 moms after he brought you on your room. “Ah. Umma, umma, Mrs. Woo. Can I ask something?” They all nodded and waiting for his question.

 

Can I stay with her for tonight? I won't do anything. I will just watch and take care of her.”

 

Go on, son. I trust you.” Your mom agreed and he thanked her then headed to where you are. He locked the door and everybody decided to sleep also. Sandeul the lava lamp so he could see your face. He sat beside your sleeping body and stared at your pretty face. He took your wrist and out something around it. It was a bracelet. An hour passed and Kyeongmin's sleep was interrupted because he need to pee. When he responded to the call of nature, he went back to the room but then he heard something on your room. He couldn't determine what was it. He didn't know that Sandeul was inside the room at first until he placed his ears on the door to listen. Sandeul was kneeling on the floor while facing you.

 

Chae Rin. No. Please don't leave me. Please be well. Please. I love you, you know that. I can't take care of you when I get back to Korea. Don't leave me. Babe. No.”

 

Sandeul cried as he touched your face while you were in deep sleep. Kyeongmin already knew that it was Sandeul, he turned around sat on the floor and leaned on the door with his head down. He was listening to Sandeul also at the same time crying.

 

Chae Rin. Please, I will give you everything but please just get well. Rin. I know I have to be strong for you but I couldn't take seeing you like this. I couldn't do anything to make you feel better. I said this to you now because I don't want you to see me broke down. I want to appear happy for you so you can be at least happy too. Chae Rin, I will give you even my life. Believe me. I thought we have the right time in our hands already but why and how. I love you and I don't know how can I show it to you more.”

 

He kissed your forehead and tears started flowing out from your eyes even when you were sleeping. He kissed those tears away then stayed beside you all through out the night. The next morning, Sandeul's departure back to Korea. Your mom checked you and he found Sandeul sleeping with a sitting position and he was holding your hand placed on his face.

 

Junghwan~ wake up.” She tapped his shoulder. He slowly opened his eyes and stared at your mom with red eyes.

Junghwan. Go sleep beside her. It's okay and your flight will be later at 3pm. And it's just 6am. Go sleep.”

 

Your mom then helped him get up and slept beside you. An hour had passed, you were awaken by an extreme headache. You wanted to get up but your body felt so weak. You couldn't even see clearly. All you can do is to call your mom through shouting. You had no idea that Sandeul was beside you. “UMMA!” But your mom couldn't hear you since she was preparing breakfast downstairs on the kitchen. UMMA! Where are you? I need you!” Finally, Sandeul's sleep was disturbed. He was so worried so he get up as quickly as he could. You were shock when you heard and knew that Sandeul was with you.

 

Chae Rin, Chae Rin. What's the matter?”

Sandeul?”

Junghwan.”

 

You just curled up while holding your head because of pain.

 

Tell me what's happening. Hey, I am scared now.”

head.....ache....”

 

He then picked you up and hugged you. “Chae Rin. Calm down.” He hugged you tighter and you tried to look at him as you slowly open your eyes. Then suddenly, you started hitting Sandeul and he was so clueless why. He tried to control and hugged you even more. When you couldn't move anymore, you sobbed.

 

Babe, why? What's happening?”

I can't see anything. Everything is black. I can't see you. I can't. I can't see you anymore!”

 

Sandeul's eyes became watery and he called your mom, his mom through shouting. At last, Dr. Lee was still there and panicked when she heard her son.

 

What's happening?”

Umma! I can's see you anymore.” You tried to speak despite of your terrible headache.

WHAT? Chae Rin? What is she saying, Junghwan?”

She lost her sight, umma!!”

 

His mom checked your eyes immediately and your mom finally arrived on your room. She wondered what happened to you and waited for Dr. Lee to talk. “Mrs. Woo... Her eyes were both damaged by the tumor. Sorry to say this but,...both of her eyes can't see now.” She bowed her heard after that. “This can't be!” You screamed and Sandeul was so disheartened. Kyeongmin rushed to your room and even his mom to check what happened again and they found out then. He went back to hos room and cried like a little boy on his bed. His mom followed him.

 

Kyeongmin-ah?” He didn't respond.

Gwaenchana?”

Ani, umma. I feel so sad for my noona, the noona I love and treasure the most, What is happening to her? I know I am old enough for this things but umma, I really can't understand.”

 

His mom patted his back as she felt the loneliness of her son. Back to your room, Don't tell Zico and appa!” Your mom didn't respond anymore because she can't.

 

Umma?” She sighed and leaned closer to Sandeul.

 

Sorry Junghwan, Sorry. Pack your things now. You'll leave later right? Leave me here alone.”

No I'll stay beside you!”

Leave me alone in my room first.”

No!”

Junghwan,please!”

 

They all left you alone. Sandeul followed what you told him while your mom was being guided by his mom. You on the room, tried to reach for a pen and paper. You felt dumb and idiot. You finally touched a paper so you get it and a pen. Tried to write not caring if you are blind. You wanted to write Sandeul a goodbye letter but how. You continued writing and you knew that it was just a piece of trash since no one could understand. You threw the pen.

 

Pabo, Chae Rin. Pabo, pabo, pabo!” Hearing those things from you made hard for Sandeul to leave but still he will follow what you wanted him too and that's going back to Korea and be Sandeul again for the BANAs. You don't want to sound selfish either.