HEART OR MIND?

Don't Touch Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Him humming was the best thing that you can hear any day. This is the rarest reason you get to walk closer to the tunnel as his voice become louder whenever you went near there. It just brings you smiles and a peace of mind.

Though you can’t clearly see it, there’s a blurry wave of air separating the tunnel and the open field. You never did try and touch it but at times like this, it makes you tempt to do so.

His voice is so soothing to your ears. Can’t he just do that all day long?

Slowly, you started reaching for that thin layer of air. Maybe if you touch it, his humming would never ever stop. Maybe you’ll finally find the peace you’re looking for. And maybe, just maybe, you’ll get Seulmi to wake up then Mark would stop crying and brining rainy season in wherever you are.

As soon as you touched it, there’s a force that made you step back. At that very moment, Mark’s humming suddenly stop.

You creased your eyebrow. You tried to reach for it again thinking that if you did, you can hear his voice again but you ended up being pushed back once more.

Doctor! Her hands just moved! Doctor!

You then tried to cover your ears from his sudden loud voice, though you know that won’t help you with anything. You quickly run away as you can hear dozens of footsteps gradually getting louder.

You stopped under the tree as it was your safe haven and catch your breath. Now the noises are at moderate here.

You can hear some mumblings here and there but there are a lot of people talking that you can’t clearly decipher what they’re talking about.

The sun suddenly shined so bright that you tried to shield your eyes from it.

The doctor then flashed the light to your other eye that made you startled form the brightness once more.

Silence then came after. “W…What’s happening?!” You were so confused.

Tell me she’s waking up! Tell me she’s—

I’m sorry. It’s just her reflexes. She’s still unconscious.

No! Her hands moved! Her hands—

Calm down, calm down. I’m really sorry.

The sky started getting gray but you were too into what they were talking about to notice it. At the back of your mind, you somewhat knew Seulmi’s hands moving has something to do with what you did earlier. If this is how you can help her wake up, why not try it again? You don’t want Mark to suffer anymore. Just by hearing his voice whenever he tells you his and Seulmi’s stories, you can hear the pain he’s going through. You just have to help him this time.

You headed for the tunnel and tried to touch it for the third time but still, it just pushed you to the ground.

It’s moving again! Doctor!

Rain started pouring in and your head started aching. You were literally crawling your way back to the tree. *W…What the hell is really happening?!*

The nurses got hold of Mark and once more, the doctor apologized. He cannot do anything about it. The girl is still unconscious. There’s nothing more that he can do.

 The heavy pouring rain made it harder for you to move as the once dry soil becomes mud. You would slip once in a while but never gave up tryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter