SCARED

Don't Touch Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You were on your way home. You were alone today again as Mark has some matters to attend to in the company.

Walking down the not so crowded street, a man walking in the opposite direction caught your eyes. He is someone you felt that you’ve seen before. He’s a middle-aged man but his face and body structure was awfully familiar.

Your eyes then widened as your body froze. Your heart was beating so fast as your hand trembles. You quickly turned around as you caught his eyes on you. *N..No…No….*

You were shaking as you started walking away. Soon enough, you were running. You actually don’t know where you are headed to. You just know that you need to get away from him. No child would not be scared of an abusive father right? You were scared, definitely scared.

Panting, you stopped running to catch your breath. *He didn’t possible saw me, right? His...His eyes just passed by. He...He won't recognize me right?* You look back and didn’t caught a glimpse of him. You rested your back against the wall and closed your eyes in relief. You hold on to your chest until it was beating normal again. You opened your eyes and look ahead of you. You creased your eyebrows and stood straight. You look around and bite your lip as soon as you know exactly where you were.

“Tuan Holdings.” You said under your breath as you read the big markings on the building. Right there and then, you wanted to come in and just bury your body in Mark’s embrace. *He’s…..He’s probably busy.* You looked down and your heavy footsteps started dragging you away.

You halted when you saw a man’s shoe. You looked up to see who it was and instantly wrapped your arms around him. The way you hold him tight, Mark knows there’s something bothering you but instead of asking what it was, he just cradled you in his arms and let you cry for a moment.

 You then broke the hug and Mark wiped your last tear with his thumb.

“Can…Can I stay here for a moment? I…I don’t want to be alone in the house.”

“Sure you can. Come on.”

As soon as you head inside, people will stare, of course. Some recognized you and they were quite shocked as to why you and Mark were holding hands but like always, Mark doesn’t give a damn about them.

You head inside Mark’s office and sat on his couch. Nothing really changed since the last time you saw his office.

“Are you hungry? Do you want something?” Mark asked but you just shook your head. You were really not in the mood to eat anything. He then sat beside you and examined your face.

“If you want to talk about it, I’m here to listen but if you don’t want, it’s okay. Just know that I’m always here for you.” You smiled at his words and rested your head on his shoulders. It’s just so nice to have someone you can lean on.

“I saw someone scary a while ago.” You started off.

“Scary? Who?”

It took you a few seconds before you can reply. “My dad.”

You’ve told Mark all about your story so he knew exactly how much you have been scared.

“D…Did he saw you? D..Did he do something—”

“I...I don't know. I just, ran away.”

“Next time, just call me immediately. I won’t let that man touch my precious angel.”

You then look at him. “What’s with the cheesy nicknames? You’re beginning to be like Jackson.”

“I just wanted to make you laugh baby!”

“Come on!” You laughed but though it was cheesy, those words escaping from his lips really make you blush.

He ruffled your hair while laughing and you just had to slap his hand away for that. “Damn it Mark!”

“I love you too baby.” He stole a kiss on your lips and quickly went far from you.

“Mark!” You tried to chase him around but he just kept on avoiding you and laughing.

“Sir…” Someone then knocked and opened the door that made you both stop. You eyed the girl up and down. Is her clothes even appropriate in a business settings like this? She was wearing like a 5-inch heels, micro skirt and her cleavage was quite showing. You literally wanted to wrap her up with a blanket. Plus her face is full of make-up that creep you.

The girl was baffled. What are you doing inside her boss’s office? She didn’t saw you went in earlier since she was somewhere organizing Mark’s schedule as his secretary. Who are you? Her boss never mentioned that he was in a relationship.

“Yeah? What is it?” Mark casually asked.

“I just want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter