WAKE UP

Don't Touch Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The living room was silent. Either of you doesn’t want to open your mouth to speak. Mark was just staring at you, waiting for you to speak first. You avoided his gaze and hugged the couch pillow beside you.

“Are you really not going to talk?”

You ignored him and just closed your eyes. You were too tired to explain everything. You then heard the front door closes and you knew he was quite pissed off as he went out of the house.

You sighed and scratched your head in confusion. You just don’t know what the right thing to do right now is.

You were playing with your fingers as you wait for him outside, sitting on the door steps. It’s been half an hour already but he still isn’t back. He doesn’t even bring his phone with him.

If what happened in the afternoon was at noon was a headache, it still is right now. Is it your fault? You really believe it wasn’t. Why do you have to have a complicated life like this? You were just too preoccupied to explain everything to Mark but it seems like he wasn’t very fond of you not explaining. I mean, he still needs some assurance right? He still needs some clear answers.

*Alright.* You puffed out some air and stood up. You’ll just lay it all on the floor. Everything, you’ll tell him everything that had happened today. You’re not sure how he’ll take it but that’s better than him not knowing at all.

You started walking around, searching for him. “Mark…. Mark….” He wouldn’t be too far out right? You don’t have that much energy left to walk far but you just can’t stop without finding him.

You passed by two weird looking men and you can sense that both were intently staring at you with smirk on their faces. Just by the smell of alcohol, you know they are not to be messed with. You started walking faster but they just kept on following you.

Both of your foot was then running. You don’t really care what streets you were passing by or if you were lost just as long as you can run away from them. “M…Mark…” You then wanted to cry. It was already 11pm and there aren’t any people on the streets anymore. You looked back and they were still running for you.

“Miss! Don’t run away from us! Let’s have some fun together!” For drunken idiots, they still sure know how to run. Well maybe they aren’t even that drunk.

You then heard one cursed as he tripped and fall on the floor.

“Aish! Get up!” The other tried to help him and you took the opportunity to run faster and get away from their sight once and for all.

Still running, you looked back once more and once you haven’t seen them, you would have stopped so yourself but then you knocked on a street light. You winced in pain as you fall down on the ground. You were holding tightly to your head as it was painfully throbbing. You were rolling on the ground, trying to suppress the pain but it just won’t go away.

But the fact here is your head isn’t even the one who knocked on the street light. Your reflexes managed to cover your head with your arms and your body instead bumped on to it but it still was really painful.

Blurry images in your head started appearing clear and the nightmares you were having lately started reappearing. Bright light, screeching tires, but now it was clear to you that it was from a black car. The surroundings were dark so you knew it was at night. The surroundings were oh so familiar also then you managed to see the back view of a guy crossing the street.

You immediately opened your eyes and it widened in an instant. Your mouth was left hanging open as your heart started to race out of your ribcage. “M…M…Mark…”

It’s like an adrenaline rush. You manage to quickly stand up and run again even though you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter