ANOTHER FAVOR

Don't Touch Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Grandpa Tuan asked for you during the night. You know already what it was about as you stood in front of his desk.

“Today was normal.” You lied as you look back to what happened at school in the morning. “Mark was just—”

“It’s okay. I didn’t call for you to ask how his day was.” He then looked at you and you were just waiting for him to talk again. “Here.” He then was handing you a credit card. “Feel free to use this anytime.”

“I’m…I’m okay. I…I don’t need that.”

“You’re still a girl. You must have wanted to buy new clothes, new shoes, and maybe make-up so here, it’s okay. You can buy whatever you want.”

“I…I don’t need those things. I’m okay with what I have.”

“Well then, I should just ask Mark to buy those things for you.”

“I…I’ll take it.” You grabbed the card and he just smiled at you.

“You know, you and Mark look good together.”

You then know where this is going so you just shook your head and denied everything.

“Why? Is my grandson treating you badly? That boy, aish.”

“N..No. That’s not the case.”

“How I really wish to see the both of them together before I die.” He then whispered to himself but you heard it. You hang your head down low and pretended that you really didn’t hear anything. You know time’s running out for him and you really wanted somehow to do anything he wants before he died but you really can’t do it this time. *Your grandson never did and never will like me so that’s just impossible.*

He then began coughing that made you alert. He was trying his best not to cough but he just can’t stop it. You can see him holding on to his chest but he still wasn’t reaching out for his medicines in the drawer, maybe not wanting you to find out that he’s sick.

You then opened his drawer yourself instead and gave him the medicine and he quickly took it. Regaining back to his normal breathings, he then looked at you.

“H..How did you know?”

“I think that’s not what’s important right now but rather, you should really tell Mark about this.”

“No. It’s okay. I’m going to be okay so he doesn’t have to know.”

“Do you like your grandson to hate you for not telling him? What if you suddenly die without him even knowing you’re sick? What if—”

“I think you know Mark lost his parents at an early age, right?”

“I just thought about it since I haven’t seen them here. I don’t think I have the right to ask Mark about his personal life.”

“The three of them was involved in a car accident. Poor little guy, he was the only one who survived. It was so sudden that Mark didn’t know what to do and just cried. He was a cheerful young man but after that, he became cold, serious, and it takes a lot for him to be comfortable with other person that’s why I apologize for his behavior when you just got here. I know he didn’t treat you very well.”

“I’m….I’m used to people not treating me well so it’s okay.” You were shaking. Never did you know that Mark has such a past. “Then you should tell him you’re sick so that, at least, he may expect that—”

“Not telling him is better.”

“How can it be better?! He lost his parents in an accident and if he lost you too in a sudden—”

“I know he’ll hate me for that and I know it’ll take a while for you to see a smiling and playful Mark again after that but that’s what will make him stronger.”

“I..I don’t think you understand!” You can feel your eyes getting wet.

“And maybe he’ll think too that he has already no purpose in life that’s why I have another favor to ask you. This will be the last, I promise.”

“No! I will not—”

“Please just stay by his side.”

“I…I…I can’t. I…I…”

“Only up until he recovered. I’m not going to force you to love him, marry him, or whatsoever so just until he recovered. For Mark. Please? This is my last wish.” He holds your hand and that just made you cry. Seeing his death bed for the nth time does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter