AT 20

Don't Touch Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

B.I can’t help but reminisce about his past. You both literally grew up in the country side together. He would always stop by in front of your house to wait for you and head to school together. As kids, there were other kids you both get to play with but you consider each other the best of friends. When you cry, he’ll always give you a lollipop to make you stop and if he cries, only a simple “it’s okay, I’m here” from you will make him smile again.

There were times you will fight over the simplest things like when the other prefer your toy but you wouldn’t want give it up and stuff like that but in the end, you can’t hate each other for long.

“When we grow up, I’ll be your body guard so that I can just stay by your side and protect you.”

“Then I’ll try and learn how to cook so that when you got tired of protecting me, I can just cook you with the most delicious food you’ll ever taste!” You smiled at the boy in front of you.

“Promise?” Little Hanbin gave you his pinky and you easily interlaced yours and stamp on it.

“Promise!”

“And also, do you want to get married too? My parents say that they are the best of friends and you are my best friend.”

“Ah, so that’s how you get married. Then, of course, we should too!” You beamed at the thought, still not knowing what marriage really meant.

“When do you want to get married?”

“Uhmmmm…..”

“My parents told me they got married at the age of 20.”

“Then 20! Let’s do it!”

“Promise?”

“Promise!”

Both of you went home, even holding hands. “I’ll see you tomorrow!” You waved goodbye as soon as you are home and he waved back before walking away.

But then, after that day, everything changes. You just woke up crying because your head hurts so much so your mom rushed to hug you and to make you stay calm. Your mind then started flashing blurry images as your mom held you but you still don’t know what it was and just cried.

You thought you were okay just a few days after and started playing again with the others in the playground but then, a playmate touched your hand and a bearded man flashed in your mind. This time, it wasn’t blurry, it was clear. Is it a dream? A nightmare perhaps? You just froze and don’t know what to do and just cried again. Hanbin was playing at the other side and run up to you but you ran away.

Hiding for an hour at a street, you then witnessed your playmate killed by the bearded man you just saw in your mind. He never harmed you, you saw that coming.

“Seulmi-ah!” Your mom runs up to you as soon as you walked away from the scene and hugged you tight. “I thought I lost you! Where have you run up too?! I told you to just play in the playground!” She then examined your face and you were just looking at her strangely. The images in your mind right now became blurry again and you really can’t make out what was going inside your mind. “We should go home.”

“Seulmi-ah! Time for school!” Hanbin shouted from your gate but your mom went out instead.

“You should go ahead. She’ll skip school today.”

“I….Is she sick?”

“Yes.”

“Can I see her then maybe she’ll get okay and—”

“She’s going to be okay. You should go to school.”

“O…Okay..”

For that day, your mom never really wanted to leave you home alone because of her work but it was an important day for her as it will be the determinant if you will have something to eat for the month so she instead left in you in the nearby daycare, knowing that they’ll really take good care of you.

 All throughout the day, you didn’t speak. Others find you odd and you were just staring at them. They tried to play with you but every time you tried and then they’ll accidentally touch you, images started forming again in your mind that you didn’t hoped to see. If at first you were crying, this time, it seems like you don’t have any more tears to cry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter