WHY?

Don't Touch Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was the middle of the night and Mark woke up feeling thirsty. He went down to the kitchen with his eyes still half closed.

You immediately stopped from eating when you saw Mark enter the kitchen. He seems like he still doesn’t notice you as he went straight to the fridge.

“I was just thirsty.” Mark smiled at you after drinking while scratching his head and was about to go back when he finally knew the situation. “Oh! I… Just pretend you didn’t see me! C..Continue eating.” He motioned for you to continue as he walks back.

“Aren’t you going to ask me why?” You suddenly mentioned that made him stop on his tracks. You then look at him. You know you can just keep it all to yourself but the guy in front of you already knew your biggest, darkest secret and he doesn’t even believe you so why not just tell him?

“A…Ask you why?” Mark raised his brow.

“Ever since my parents left, I always eat on my own, I always do things on my own. I just can’t find myself enjoying other people’s company and I know I told you already the reason why.  Maybe it already became a habit? I don’t feel comfortable when there are people around.”

You kept your composure and continued on.

 “Tell your friends if they want to talk to me, they can but when I said I want to be alone, they should leave me alone, if I don’t want to eat, they should also leave me alone, and when I say go away, they should go away and leave me alone too. If I have to spend my life alone then better yet be alone now and forever. I hate it when people come and go that’s why I want to distance myself from everyone. I know when they are going to go and leave the world so that’s no fun at all. That’s unfair on my part. Don’t you think so?”

You were waiting for him to answer but you were expecting nothing since like you’ve said, he won’t believe you anyways. If he would reply, the only answer you can think of is the word ‘crazy’ coming out from his mouth.

“You should go back to sleep, I want to eat. You standing there are making me uncomfortable.”

“O..O….Oh…” He slowly nodded and walked away. He never knew you would carry so many burdens in your heart. But, is it true? Mark can’t help but think this is still your crazy side but he can’t deny your words hit him hard. Alone? Nobody wants to be alone forever, even he doesn’t want that. *You’re thinking too much, Mark. Don’t try to think too much.* He reminded himself before going back to sleep.

 

 

Jaebum was on his way to school, looking forward to see you in the field. He still has some things to say and some things he wanted to clarify from yesterday’s incident.

He stopped on his tracks when he felt something odd. He looked around the empty, early morning street but didn’t see anyone. He just shrugged and went inside the campus.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter