THIRD

Don't Touch Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Every day after work, there’s no other place Mark heads to than in the hospital, if not the cemetery. It’s been so long he went back to his own home. The hospital room where you are in became also his little home for some months now. The nurses and doctors and even the other patients in the hospital all look up to him for his sincerity and the will of not giving up on you.

Your room might be quite stuffy for some considering the amount of post-its Got7 and iKon sticks on the wall, writing you just anything that pops up in their head, the amount of clothes Mark bought you when he sees something that will fit you and hoping one day you will got to try it on, stuffed toys, Mark’s pile of papers from work and his things scattered here and there, but for some reason, it really feels homey.

He was reading some documents to you he has to sign, giving his opinions and asking you if he would accept it or not. Talking to you never was a tiring thing for him, even though he knows you’ll not be answering. He would tell you how his day went and would even read you a book at times. People might find talking to someone who will never answer frustrating but it will never be for Mark.

“Oh hey you know what, something funny happened in the office earlier. There are female employees talking bad about you and I heard it and I fired them in an instant! Their faces were priceless because they thought nobody is listening to them and they were all just pleading and saying sorry but why would I give them another chance? They’re like the third group of girls I fired just this month!” Mark laughs to himself but slowly went silent as he looks at you.

There’s no denying you grew thinner and paler. He slowly traces his fingertips from your forehead then to your nose, still mesmerized on how beautiful you are in his eyes. He brushes his thumb on your cold cheeks and just kept on staring at you.

“Ya, you are really selfish aren’t you? You are just sleeping on a comfy bed all day and here I am, trying my hardest to live each day hoping you’ll wake up. Ya, can you please wake up already?”

His hands started shaking as his mouth started shivering. The tears he’s trying to hold back always just find its way out of his eyes every night.

He held your hand tightly and kisses the back of your hand. *Don’t give up Seulmi, don’t give up.*

 

 

Weekend comes and what will Mark be doing on such a work-free day? Of course, spend the whole time with you.

“So, what are we going to watch today?” He started browsing at the movies he had with him. Weekdays are always movie-marathon day.

“Horror! Horror!” Youngjae then went in the room followed by the rest of Got7. They never missed out on weekends.

In the middle of the third movie, they then heard a long beeped as the line on the heart monitor went straight. Everyone was quick and up on their feet, calling for help while Mark was just frozen on his seat. His world was in a slow motion, still trying to comprehend what the hell is happening.

Doctors and nurses went in with a defibrillator as Junior yanks Mark up and pulled him farther from you. “No!” He kept on wanting to go back to your side but the others didn’t let him. His agonizing screams can even be heard outside the hallways as he watches them revive you.

How many times has this happened? It’s already the third and Mark is still scared as hell of course. Watching the scene the third time was just as heartbreaking as the first and second, maybe even more. The fact that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter